• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

In Which Shadowjack Watches Sailor Moon S (you are thread No. 6)

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Anybody who doesn't have at least 1 cord phone in their house is a freaking idiot. Cordless phones don't work when the power goes out, and (besides that they don't work everywhere) cell phones only last as long as the battery does.

I'd say your parents and Ami's mom were smart.
And indeed, we still have a corded phone stashed in a desk, for exactly that circumstance. The power goes out here at least once a year, usually during the winter storms; newcomers learn fast.

JohnBiles

Validated User
From what I've seen so far, actually, anime!Ami may not be quite as well-off as manga!Ami. (There's a scene in the manga where she cheerfully submits diamond jewelry to destructive testing, because, "We always have plenty of those around the apartment!")
Isn't there some crazy thing in the manga where there is a FLOOR MADE OF DIAMOND in Ami's house?

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Isn't there some crazy thing in the manga where there is a FLOOR MADE OF DIAMOND in Ami's house?
I finally found the pages; chapter 11 of the manga. (Read left to right.) They've taken that cursed sword over to Ami's place for analysis, and Sailor V discovers that Ami Mizuno can be a little intimidating…

And Ami had already calculated that would happen to the gem. "It's okay, Mom has lots of them!"

EDIT: Also, I hadn't noticed before, but Mako's bickering with Mina already.

Last edited:

JohnBiles

Validated User
Ahh, I suspect I saw a garbled fan translation which got the marble and diamond business confused.

Kreuzritter

Validated User
an, Sailor Moon's legacy carries on to this day, as this AMV cross-posted from another WiW thread demonstrates.

Wraithstrike

Game Creator
Validated User
This thread has been tagged. Your journey through the world of sailor moon inspired my own magical girl WIWs. So thanks for that.

Ratoslov

Exploding Murderer
Validated User
I...think it is. I did not know that Mamoru's college offered a course in Metaphysical Biology.
There are aliens and inter-dimensional bullshit happening all the time in Tokyo. Where the hell do you think Metaphysical Biology types would be studying?

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There are aliens and inter-dimensional bullshit happening all the time in Tokyo. Where the hell do you think Metaphysical Biology types would be studying?
Fuyutsuki earned his chair with a groundbreaking paper on the importance of abandoned gravel quarries in the territorial displays of certain ultraterrestrial organisms.

Top Bottom