• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

In Which Shadowjack Watches Sailor Moon S (you are thread No. 6)

Shay Guy

Validated User
At last. At long, long last. The legendary Sailor Moon S is here!

Man, I'm going to have to get used to editing the other index files.

As of now, my main source of knowledge for this season is the Ranma ½ crossover fanfic Destiny's Child. (Spoiler-free for the first five-and-a-half chapters, before the Sailor Moon elements start appearing. I think; someone else who's more familiar with SMS might want to verify. Alternate link for anyone who wants the original .txt format; don't bother with the sequel at the top, it's by a different author.)

(you are thread No. 6)
By sheer coincidence, my dad and I have been watching the A&E DVDs of The Prisoner from Netflix; so far, we've watched through "The General." (Which pretty clearly takes place before "A. B. and C.," so I don't know why the Six of One arrangement -- which these DVDs use -- has them in the opposite order.)

Ami: "…Technically, it is now New Year's Day."
Wolfram|Alpha says it should be a half moon.

/goes to catch up with the Eva thread and everything else

Wraithstrike

Game Creator
Validated User
Fuyutsuki earned his chair with a groundbreaking paper on the importance of abandoned gravel quarries in the territorial displays of certain ultraterrestrial organisms.
There was a follow up to this paper dealing with the frequency of massive explosions in said quarries due to weaponized altered humans.

ANT Pogo

Yuki Approved
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Way back when Shadowjack first started watching and reviewing Sailor Moon (and I mean his first abortive attempt, before this series of threads), this was the season I was waiting and wishing and hoping for him to get to.

And now, finally, it's here!!

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
By sheer coincidence, my dad and I have been watching the A&E DVDs of The Prisoner from Netflix; so far, we've watched through "The General." (Which pretty clearly takes place before "A. B. and C.," so I don't know why the Six of One arrangement -- which these DVDs use -- has them in the opposite order.)
The Six of One arrangement is a little screwy, unfortunately.

Wolfram|Alpha says it should be a half moon.
I deserved that. :D In my defense, I had tried to look it up, but not from a good source.

David J Prokopetz

Social Justice Henchman
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There was a follow up to this paper dealing with the frequency of massive explosions in said quarries due to weaponized altered humans.
Of course - all Japanese Ph.D theses are required to address the implications for the production of massive explosions.

(Yes, even if your degree is in music. Or sociology.)

Ratoslov

Exploding Murderer
Validated User
Of course - all Japanese Ph.D theses are required to address the implications for the production of massive explosions.

(Yes, even if your degree is in music. Or sociology.)
This is probably because massive explosions happen way more often in Japan than is statistically probable in any other nation on Earth, and the Japanese government would very much like for it to stop, thanks.

Ironically, it's this very push for scientific funding that resulted in Second Impact.

Vehrec

Validated User
This is probably because massive explosions happen way more often in Japan than is statistically probable in any other nation on Earth, and the Japanese government would very much like for it to stop, thanks.

Ironically, it's this very push for scientific funding that resulted in Second Impact.
You could probably get grant money to raise an army of demons in Tokyo right now under the guise of research...not that anyone would do that. It could put your tenure at risk to run that sort of operation out of your lab. No, I don't care how evil your glasses are.

zakueins

Banned
The KTEH order makes more sense in how the structure of the episodes work (I might debate the placement of Chimes of Big Ben and Checkmate-I'd have done Chimes first to make 6 believe that he had to make his escape conspiracy among the prisoners not any new fish), and also the KTEH episodes had the awesome commentary at the end from Scott Appel(1). You have to have "The General" before "A, B, and C" because you now understand the desperation of 2 to break 6 this time around-he's under the gun.

(1)-Sunday Science Fiction Night on KTEH is the only reason I've ever donated to PBS. When that stopped...my donations stopped.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
This entire tangent is hilarious, but this line I find particularly sublime.

Top Bottom