• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

In world Holiday games?

Xtopher Collier

Validated User
I'm running a D&D 5e campaign set in a homebrewed world, and my players are about to be in a small town that has an huge annual holiday. The Holiday is based off Halloween/Samhain, and I'm looking for ideas of things they can do during the festivities - something like little games they can participate in. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

baakyocalder

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'd say a quick source to mine would be World of Warcraft, which does a huge number of Halloween special events, including the Headless Horseman attack.

Games should be promoting aspects of the religion originally and be fun enough that people will play. They may lose religious significance over time and just be, 'we do this because that's tradition.'

Myth

Southern Mane
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Throwing apples at a "headless horseman" to knock the pumpkin off.
Bobbing for turnips.
Corn maze.
"Haunted house".

g33k

Validated User
Chase away the "demons" -- children in masks, occasionally adults playing the role of less-comedic / more-malevolent varieties... and occasionally, there really IS some sort of Darkspawn trying to blend in & disrupt the ceremonies...

Top Bottom