• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Inconsequential slice-of-life headcanons, pt2! (Credit to That Other Guy and Lonewolf23)

Save-vs-DM

Knight of Stumptown
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Northern Exposure: Joel still returns to Cicili once a year to visit and eventually retires there to become an old country doctor.

Olof Jönsson

Tumto Lectis
Validated User
Snoof said:
Mario

Despite everything, Mario and Peach aren't actually in a romantic relationship. They're very dear friends, but that's it.

Literally nobody else believes this.
Everyone always assumes Bowser kidnaps Peach because he's in love with her.

Nope.

He's in love with Mario.

It's...complicated.

WistfulD

Validated User
Everyone always assumes Bowser kidnaps Peach because he's in love with her.
Nope.
He's in love with Mario.
It's...complicated.
It makes so much sense! 30 years of chasing a fire-breathing dragon (/turtle/whatever) and never using a tactic other than hitting him with fireballs or dropping him into lava-- They both want this dance to keep happening.

:eek: Oh, that makes Luigi showing up as player 2 all sorts of unfortunate implications!

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It makes so much sense! 30 years of chasing a fire-breathing dragon (/turtle/whatever) and never using a tactic other than hitting him with fireballs or dropping him into lava-- They both want this dance to keep happening.

:eek: Oh, that makes Luigi showing up as player 2 all sorts of unfortunate implications!
There;s a slightly simpler expaltion:
IIRC it was more or less spelled in backstory of the first game that Bowser want Peach to gain political power (hance he tries to marry Peach in Odyssey)
AS long as he rescues Peach Mario get to live the sweet life of Mushroom Kingdom greatest hero.
So it's in Mario's interest for Bowser to keep kidnapping Peach over and over again, so that he can keep the lifestyle he's accustomed too.

I do wonder if he's do tyhe same with Kong and Pauline if he hand found the Mushroom kingdom.

WistfulD

Validated User
AS long as he rescues Peach Mario get to live the sweet life of Mushroom Kingdom greatest hero.
So it's in Mario's interest for Bowser to keep kidnapping Peach over and over again, so that he can keep the lifestyle he's accustomed too.

I do wonder if he's do tyhe same with Kong and Pauline if he hand found the Mushroom kingdom.
What sweet life does hypothetical Mushroom kingdom-less Mario get from repeatedly rescuing his girlfriend from DK? Or did you mean the same emotional love-affair that Olof Jönsson alluded to? Because again that has some squicky implications.

Bira

Validated User
I've seen lots of variations of the theory that Peach, Mario and Bowser actually want the "kidnapping dance" to keep happening. Most of them involved all three of them being in on it, either because they're friends and this is how they visit each other to something involving a poly relationship.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
What sweet life does hypothetical Mushroom kingdom-less Mario get from repeatedly rescuing his girlfriend from DK? Or did you mean the same emotional love-affair that Olof Jönsson alluded to? Because again that has some squicky implications.
I meant celebrity status, fame and bonuses that come with it.
I presumed the whole rescue was fairly public.
But then agian Mario was back to being a plumer delving iun sewers in "Mario Bros." (the un-Super game).

acksed

Validated User
I've seen lots of variations of the theory that Peach, Mario and Bowser actually want the "kidnapping dance" to keep happening. Most of them involved all three of them being in on it, either because they're friends and this is how they visit each other to something involving a poly relationship.
Wil E. Coyote and Ralph the sheepdog?

"Hey Bowser."
"Hey Mario."
"Peach here yet?"
"Said she'd be along shortly."

LibraryLass

Feminazgûl
Banned
Validated User
Well, as we see in Odyssey she's something of a celebrity as well as the mayor of a very large city, so presumably a comparable level of public adulation?

Top Bottom