• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Inconsequential slice-of-life headcanons, pt2! (Credit to That Other Guy and Lonewolf23)

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
Stargate SG-1

The Tok'ra took Ba'al's cloning technology when they captured him and used it to clone their dead Queen Egeria from tissues samples they had, effectively resurrecting her. They are now capable of replenishing their numbers, with the only limit to their population growth being the number of willing hosts they can recruit.
They shouldn't even need that. IIRC there was an episode where the NID or someone had been cloning Goa'uld on Earth, which went poorly, but showed that Goa'uld could be cloned with genetic memory by a primitive planet.

LoneWolf23

Validated User
Stargate SG-1

The Tok'ra took Ba'al's cloning technology when they captured him and used it to clone their dead Queen Egeria from tissues samples they had, effectively resurrecting her. They are now capable of replenishing their numbers, with the only limit to their population growth being the number of willing hosts they can recruit.
The Tok'ra have yet to reveal this information, even to their allies, mostly because they're still a paranoid, insular bunch at heart.

Amethyst

Validated User
All this talk about vampires in Harry Potter in the crossover thread has given me the idea that whatever their nature may be, the first vampire originated as a badly executed Horcrux spell.

Dave999

Validated User
My idea about vampires if we ever met them would be they Discworld mostly harmless ones and not remotely as evil as people think of them.

Because the best thing about HP is the prejudice metaphor.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think that Terra, in Final Fantasy VI, is ace.

Kinda clicked for me last time I played through a bit of the game, the way her character arc plays out.

Spoiler: Show
She spends the first half worrying about her difference from others – which is also due to amnesia, PTSD, and being a human-esper hybrid, so the issue gets confused – but there's the scene where King Edgar's flirting falls flat on her and she says to herself, "I suppose a normal girl would have reacted to that," and there's how, when she meets Celes, another hybrid like her, practically Terra's first question is, "Are you able to love?"

Then in the second half, Terra is found having adopted all the post-apocalypse orphans, and for once in her life becomes happy when she figures out that not only is she loved and can love, but also that "love" covers a wider range than sexual romance.

Dave999

Validated User
[Lost Boys]

This is probably obvious but the Frog Brothers have never actually faced a real vampire in their lives and were conning on Sam the entire time. They are, however, consummate professionals and rolled with it when vampires turned out to be real.

petros

Validated User
[Lost Boys]

This is probably obvious but the Frog Brothers have never actually faced a real vampire in their lives and were conning on Sam the entire time. They are, however, consummate professionals and rolled with it when vampires turned out to be real.
I thought so too. This is one of my favorite tropes - they're consummate charlatans. They don't glitch out when they find out they're in over their heads, they observe (vampires are real), orient (this stuff might work against them), decide (no point in running now), and act (kill some vamps). Now they know there are vampires, they have to learn how to con vampires.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
In the second LEGO movie, we see that the characters can get ‘enlightenment superpowers’ that let them interact with the real world. In Wildstyle’s case, by actually bringing ‘brick reality’ to everyone around her. All that’s canon.

Headcanon is that LEGO Tracer, by virtue of her origin story involving falling out of time, also always has bricks under her feet.

Drfox

Validated User
Star Trek Headcannon:

The Starfleet Corps of Engineers believes in making their ships very obviously Starfleet. This is to openly declare their intentions, and prevent various local powers from mis-identifying their ships while on humanitarian missions.

To do this, they slap Starfleet insignia on the hulls, with big lettered names (in the correct language of the ship's namesake) and full registry numbers, and lots of Federation Blue. They also have "standard" designs which iterate over the centuries.

The Heavy Cruiser design based on the Deadalus class, which then became Constitution, Excelsior, Ambassador, Galaxy, and now Sovereign. The Corps of Engineers made it a requirement that every Enterprise be a Heavy Cruiser. These ships have the latest and greatest of everything, and project strength.

The Medium Multirole design has gone Walker, Miranda, Centaur, Nebula, and now Luna. These ships are based on lower cost, proven technologies which come from the testing and shakedown of the Heavy Cruisers, and are smaller, but more numerous.

The Corps simply pick up the plans of the previous versions, and ask "How can we update this?". A lot like the SFX teams for Star Trek do when building them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom