• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Indivisible[Crowdfunding thing for new game by Lab Zero, seriously, it's cool, look at it]

CaButler

Validated User
Re: Indivisible

Hah! It does make me wonder if Zone will be contracted again for this game.

Plumy Namesake

Social Justice Commoner
Validated User

What are the odds of last minute withdrawals screwing the company over? Read: Should I bother to make an indiegogo account and chip in?

David J Prokopetz

Social Justice Henchman
RPGnet Member
Validated User

What are the odds of last minute withdrawals screwing the company over? Read: Should I bother to make an indiegogo account and chip in?
I'd say the odds are basically zero. Even for crowdfunding campaigns that are very badly hit by folks backing out at the last minute, I've never seen it exceed 10% of the total, and even that's highly unusual.

(A bigger concern is folks pledging and subsequently being unable to pay, but that's only applicable to Kickstarter campaigns - Indiegogo takes the money at the time that you pledge, not all at once at the end of the campaign.)

Last edited:

mirober

Validated User

I think there's a safe enough buffer at this point. It just passed $1,650,000 with 48 hours to go. There are some big money tiers, but I think it's passed the point that they could drop it back down below funding. Just achieved the first stretch goal, so that of course is a little more tenuous.

Last edited:

CaButler

Validated User

I'd say the odds are basically zero. Even for crowdfunding campaigns that are very badly hit by folks backing out at the last minute, I've never seen it exceed 10% of the total, and even that's highly unusual.

(A bigger concern is folks pledging and subsequently being unable to pay, but that's only applicable to Kickstarter campaigns - Indiegogo takes the money at the time that you pledge, not all at once at the end of the campaign.)
Basically this. If you couldn't pay it's doubtful you would be able to pledge with how Indiegogo does it's campaigns.

Plumy Namesake

Social Justice Commoner
Validated User

Excellent, thanks. For some reason, registering for new web pages feels like the biggest hassle, especially when credit cards are involved.

loxmyth

Validated User

So glad to see that this ended up getting funded! I love Skullgirls even as a scrubby FG player, and I played the heck out of the demo. Got worried for a while there, and I'm glad my fears were unfounded :)

Hah! It does make me wonder if Zone will be contracted again for this game.
If I understand correctly Zone did the animation for the boss in the demo, so it's a good bet.

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User

Wise fwom your gwave!

I just wanted to note that via slacker backers, today Lab Zero announced that the second stretch goal was hit, full voice acting for the major characters.

Tambourine

Spirit Princess
Validated User
RISE AGAINREINCARNATE!
Preorders are open, and the game finally has a release date - October 8

Top Bottom