• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[inexplicable necro] How to make love in LARP?

Reeta

Retired User
Re: How to make love in LARP?

I'm a big fan of being as explicit as possible as to what kind of things you may encounter at a game. I've seen too many clashes of expectations, especially around the woolly word 'adult' not to want things a bit closer defined nowadays.
Sure, my experience was rather unique...we had to simulate the act of sex using our necks? A rather uncomfortable process to say the least. Admittedly it was a futurisitic style larp so anything was possible. But as my first experience I was a little traumatized.

Is this a unique experience or is this kind of neck-sex a more widely used method in LARPing?

Your thoughts please...

zenten

Validated User

1. If outdoors, go in a tent. If indoors, head to a sideroom.
  2. Close the door.
  3. Make loud moans and screams while playing a game of pinochle.
  4. Muss hair and clothes. Spash face, arms and garments with water to simulate sweat.
  5. Leave, looking embarrassed if noticed.
I've seen that work rather well. Although I think it was a different card game.

Theo Axner

Likes dressing up, yes
Validated User

Not only are conventions very different in various "cultures", there's also IME tremendous variation in what you're prepared and comfortable to do with different persons.

At a recent (Swedish) game a month ago, I took part in a very realistic 'sex scene' - we did keep one layer of clothes on but it was pretty up close and intense. That worked only because the woman I played it with and me are not only close friends but physically very comfortable with each other. Neither of us would have been comfortable playing out a scene like that to the same extent with anyone else.

The whole scene, while very serious to the characters involved (it was a huge cathartic row between the king I played and his mistress, followed by noisy makeup sex) was at the same time somewhat played for laughs since we were in the middle of a crowded camp and a lot of people hadn't gone to sleep yet. We got one great compliment after the game from a friend in the group: "Christ, listening to you guys having sex was as disgusting as hearing your parents do it..." :D

The more typical procedure over here is probably just that you creep off somewhere for a while, much like RomZombie put it. Even making noises is optional.

olshanski

Validated User

It's not creepy at all - it's very sensible to have a discussion about how to represent / simulate a standard activity that is something that most players are uncomfortable doing for real.
If its uncomfortable, I think you are not doing it correctly.

Thomas B.

French Paradox
RPGnet Member

Is this a unique experience or is this kind of neck-sex a more widely used method in LARPing?

Your thoughts please...
Never heard of it before. I hope the guys were told in advance so that they could shave...

Brunomac

Banned

The best part of making it with a LARP chick is that you don't have to worry about doing make-up on her - she already looks like an orc...

Top Bottom