Inspiring Non-Gaming Websites

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
I've tried to collect all sorts of non-gaming websites which are nevertheless highly inspirational for gaming. You can see my efforts so far here.

What websites did you find useful sources of inspiration?

Lord Liaden

Validated User
Here's one that I found pretty inspirational, as appropriate for its title: Fantasy Inspiration for your games, collecting info, photos, and links for real-world locations that are so evocative or bizarre that they immediately spark ideas.

The creator of this website posted to other discussion forums requesting more locations, and got such a huge response that he hasn't had time to add them all. I participated in the search on the Hero Games forums which added quite a few locations which haven't been transcribed yet; you might also want to check that thread out: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66410

Lord Liaden

Validated User
I was just referred on another game forum to this marvellous site: Opacity, a large collection of photos and background information for a host of real-world abandoned structures, such as hospitals, factories, asylums, prisons, hotels, and cemetaries. Great settings for horror or post-apoc games, or as the lairs of your favorite villainous masterminds.

Top Bottom