• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Interest]AD&D1e (OSRIC)

Waiwode

(n)Ever Vigilant Eye
Validated User
Any interest in playing some AD&D1e/OSRIC? (The latter because it's essentially a neatened up expression of the rules without significant changes AND the rules are provided for free by the publisher, for anyone who doesn't have banged up copies of 1e laying around).

I'm willing to GM.

House rules:
* Ignore gender-based stat min/max (which OSRIC also ignores).
* If you play a non-human single-class, double the racial limit to that class. (An Elf is limited to Fighter 5 (Str 16 or below) to 7 (Str 18) - if you're a Fighter/Cleric that limit remains. If you're a Fighter, you are limited to lvl 10, 12, or 14)1
* Initiative by Side. This makes PbP a lot easier, as one side goes, the other side goes, and so on.
* Char gen, should we come to that: Roll 3d6 6 times. If the total of all 6 rolls is less than 54, promote the lowest roll (or one of them if there are ties) to 16. If it's still less than 54? Promote the lowest roll to 15. If you somehow still total less than 54? Promote the lowest roll to 14. Assign rolls to stat.
*Lost levels: Especially in Play-by-Post, lost levels represent an almost insurmountable set-back. You can choose to catch "Wraith Fever" and your character will lay helpless while they regain 100 exp x their previous level each day.
* Exp for monsters and treasure are awarded upon return to settlements. Magic items that are kept award 10% of their estimated value. Magic items that are sold award 100%.
* Training for higher levels does cost significant amounts of gold and time.

1. Reality check. Play by Post games don't often last from lvl 1 to lvl 14 -- I have hopes this will carry on for long while

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
I’ve been hankering for some OSR lately!
Do you have anything in particular you’d like to run?

Waiwode

(n)Ever Vigilant Eye
Validated User
I’ve been hankering for some OSR lately!
Do you have anything in particular you’d like to run?
I tend to use my own (heavily borrowed) setting, and prefer short dungeons to long dungeon-crawls. I'll no doubt crib a lot from a wide variety of modules, and I imagine the Keep on the Borderland (or something similar) will be the earliest settlement, but I don't plan to use the Caves of Chaos.

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
That’s great, I like small dungeons, I think PBP is too slow for megadungeons anyway.

tomas

Validated User
I would certainly like to play! I even can dust off my original books. Would a ranger be a useful class to have?

Waiwode

(n)Ever Vigilant Eye
Validated User
I would certainly like to play! I even can dust off my original books. Would a ranger be a useful class to have?
Rangers are always useful! Meeting those Stat Requirements might be a challenge though!

Top Bottom