• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Interest]AD&D1e (OSRIC)

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
One last tweak to Jahnk with the clarification about two handed weapons. She'll swap her morningstar for a club, and pick up a medium shield.

tomas

Validated User
If that looks good to you then I'm ready to roll. Could you move it to the wiki? I honestly don't know how to do that.

Waiwode

(n)Ever Vigilant Eye
Validated User
One last tweak to Jahnk with the clarification about two handed weapons. She'll swap her morningstar for a club, and pick up a medium shield.
Check!

If that looks good to you then I'm ready to roll. Could you move it to the wiki? I honestly don't know how to do that.
Roger-dodger, it will be up before dinner time. Working on geography and stuff now.

Waiwode

(n)Ever Vigilant Eye
Validated User
Okay, we have all six player character up on the wiki (to one degree of completion or another).

A few points, and then I'll create the OOC thread (soon) and the IC thread (later).

We'll default to OSRIC, it's free. Some of you have used AD&D1e for buying equipment. That's fine, but please use OSRIC in the future (this really shows around Rations, which are very high-priced in OSRIC). Another key difference: OSRIC is 0.2 platinum = 1 gold = 10 silver = 100 copper. This is different than AD&D1e's 1 gold = 20 silver = 200 copper

Try to keep tally of encumbrance. Getting a grasp on it now will ensure things remain balanced once hundreds of pounds of coin and other treasure enter the equation.

DannyK -- as Taren is the oldest character in the group (Dwarven Clerics are old) they would have been 60 (A Dwarven teenager) when Kor Bzelzstaaft fell -- an event that to most of the characters is like World War II is to us (an important historic event that occurred before we were born) but which may be a critical moment that changed their life forever. Or not, up to you, just connecting you with one of the big events in the setting history.

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Here's Tareth's equipment:
Heavy Flail 3 gp
Sling 5 sp
Sling Bullets 12 each, 1 gp
Wooden Holy Symbol 6 sp -- he's too cheap for the nice one
Chain Mail 75 gp
Medium Shield 12 gp
Rope, bedroll, etc. call it 20 gp
Trail rations 4 -- 24 gp (what the hell is in these rations? Free-dried caviar?)

Last edited:

Waiwode

(n)Ever Vigilant Eye
Validated User
Here's Tareth's equipment:
Heavy Flail 3 gp
Refrence earlier conversation -- that's the big "farmer's thresher" two-handed flail. You might want the other one.

Trail rations 4 -- 24 gp (what the hell is in these rations? Free-dried caviar?)
Here's my take on those prices.

They're 1 part "Gold Sink" for adventurers. The other part:

Standard rations aren't supposed to go bad. That's double-baked bread, dried fruit, the hardest cheese, hard sausage (like pepperoni, not like BBQ sausage). Pemmican. Trail mix. And chunks of salt cod, that stuff is like a board. Aunt Petunia's fruit cake. But if it all gets wet, it's ruined. Especially when "wet" is the royal sewers, or the fungus-infected silver mines....

Trail rations, in this case, are highly specialized sealed rations, tinned by hand because we're pre-industrial. And that's why it costs 6gp for a day's food -- because not only is it hard to cook and then double cook biscuits, and as time consuming as salt-pork and corned beef are, you need the services of a smith to make the tin box to put them in. But it will last for decades. (assuming it wasn't off before it went into the tin).

Last edited:
Top Bottom