• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[interest] Paranoia XP PBP + web tool

TerroX

Everyone is different
Validated User
I will keep this brief, I am usually verbose as heck and it tends to.. oops doing it again.

You should be familar with Paranoia, reading the Campaign Info might be enough. You should not expect to “win” in this game, the fun comes from nuance, irony, dark humour and being a good sport. References: 1984, Brazil, Idiocracy, Catch 22, Kafka, Communist propaganda, The Young Ones, THX-1138, Logan’s Run, A Clockwork Orange, Soylent Green, The Prisoner / The Island, Equilibrium, Portal games

Turns will be 1-2 days, I set up the situation, you reply with your intention and I will resolve the replies and set up the next situation. Feel free to send me a private message which explains what your SECRET INTENTIONS are. If enough people have posted I will assume those who aren’t posting are just being idle or continuing with their previous intentions to keep things moving. Don’t worry too much if you miss a turn. Don’t send me any standing orders that are more than 1 turn in the future, I don’t want to remember a zillion trigger situations.

example: You’re in a red clearance room, mostly empty exlcuding some paper mess and a possibly functional ceiling camera.
Player 1 reply -> I walk out of the room.
Player 1 private message -> I want to plant some pamphlets on Player 2 as I leave, secretly.
.. other players do similar things..
Player 2 reply -> I walk out of the room.
Player 2 private message -> If anyone tries anything I’d find annoying I want to try to stop them.
GM reply -> Player 1 tries to walk out of the room but is attacked physically by Player 2 screaming something about commie propaganda, Player 3 is nowhere to be seen, Player 4 is leaning against the doorway with a new PetBot at her side etc..
Guest posts are welcome, you will become part of the scenery - to be exploded.

There is a web-based tool that I will be using, you will be able to get physical desciptions of the team from that, updated live, take actions, report treason etc. I will post a copy of relevant log texts in this thread every now and then for the spectators.
You will probably need to check your "character sheet" every now and then in case someone(or The Computer) sends/takes your items.

When you "USE" your items you will also need to "USE" them in the character sheet tool (as well as describing your action in the forum), sometimes you will suddenly notice your item is missing!, how unfortunate - you can ask me if this is a mistake just in case it is a mistake. Environmental gear, you can just use as per normal forum PBP since there wont be "items" for every object in the world in the character sheet tool.

Whenever you do anyting that MIGHT require a die roll, you should probably “use” whatever skill you think appropriate using the web tool in case I need the result.

If you are taking secret actions you should at least post something about how your character is behaving physically, bonus points for being conspicous.

This is Paranoia, you can expect to be killed by your leader for no sensible reason - just try not to get offended. And please do NOT offend anyone, we’re all professionals here.

Campaign Info - http://bit.ly/paranoiarpgnet

Last edited:

TerroX

Everyone is different
Validated User
Congratulations loyal citizens, for your previous glorious actions I - The Computer - am about to reward you with a Security Clearance upgrade from Infrared to Red. Your medication allocations will be adjusted to suit your new roles as Troubleshooters. Prior to your first mission you shall read over the above details and accompanying links and confirm your Character Name (Gabe-R-AJA has already earned bonuses for being first and confirming his/her/it's name so promptly).

To date in the year 214 The Computer has upgraded three Loyal Citizens to Trusted Citizen in order to join a new Toubleshooter Team for the task of [redacted]. Will you be next? Maybe you should work harder and/or implicate that suspicious workmate of yours.

Last edited:

Sawyer Lawrence

Validated User
Thank you, Friend Computer, for the opportunity to root out Commies and other traitors as a Troubleshooter. Glory to Alpha Complex and the Computer!
Sincerely, Maristi-R-BUC-1

Baeraad

I'm so tiiiiirrreeeeed...
Validated User
Folde-R-OLL-1 reporting for duty! I am pleased to report that my happiness levels are comfortably within required parameters, and I wish to take this opportunity to thank Friend Computer for making this daycycle so especially perfect! :D

TerroX

Everyone is different
Validated User
3 Loyal Citizens so far have expressed interest, Baeraad and EnigmaticOne have filled in their Questionnaire. Still waiting on Sawyer Lawrence to fulfil duty.
I can accept 6 players I think.

Gabe-R-AJA-1
Folde-R-OLL-1
Maristi-R-BUC-1

Last edited:

TerroX

Everyone is different
Validated User
5 completed forms. I think one more player can join and we're ready for action!
Gabe-R-AJA-1 - done
Folde-R-OLL-1 - done
Maristi-R-BUC-1 - done
Takes-R-SKS-1 - done
Phred-R-TRI-1 - done

Last edited:
Top Bottom