[Interest/Planning/Recruitment] MHR Anime Cyberpunk

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Aw, nobody commented on what concept I put forth.
Was starting off with stats for character sheets. Your concept looks solid.

I based the build on the Scarecrow from BR45, and as far as I can see it's treated as just another powerset. The ability to add more than one die into the pool is offset by Mob Cohesion, which let the mob get taken out without getting a PP, perhaps all at once against someone with Area Attack.
Scarecrow is pretty limited. A 3D6 from the flock and the a D6 for flight. That said I am not going to ask you to change anything.

A separate thing that occurred to me. I had this idea for a revised Weak Spots SFX. Allowing him to step up the effect die +1 of any pool that includes both Superhuman Senses and an opponent's stress die... or just one die within the pool, if you think the former would be too broken.
Is it a little powerful, once someone is wounded you already get to add their die. Being able to step that up is not an insignificant bonus in this system, though I would not say too broken. having to spend a PP to step it up might be too much. Another possibility would be taking a die from the doom pool and either returning it stepped up or down depending on whether you spent a PP.

Do you want me to bundle Monstrous Command and Communication into a 1d10 power? I separated them out in part because I don't see Artemis as doing full on, total mind control of monsters--she'd be more like a pack leader.
I suppose it would depend on how abstract we want the power to be. I was thinking faily abstract when I suggested they might be combined, but looking at the power I can see where you were going. So it is okay to leave them separate.

Going more by the illustration there-- claws and snake. I could just give the Serpent Superhuman Strength, if you'd rather, but it seems like more of a biter than a squeezer, if you know what I mean.
No need. It just looked odd. If you had called one Claw and the Other Bite it would not have stood out I think. So you can leave it like that

Last edited:

ajdynon

Validated User
Aw, nobody commented on what concept I put forth.

I'll have to narrow things down there on my end then. Seems like Muskrat took my mutated idea so that's off the table unless we go into completely different mutations. Was toying about the idea of combining the doctor and mutie that, they contracted it while doing research and the only thing keeping them from going mindless monster route was a cybernetic brain implant to help with epilepsy keeping the worst at bay. Though I'm thinking that might be a little too heroy and not as cyberpunk.

Sort of thinking of combining the arms dealer and doctor together as a black market contact for various weaponized articles. Smart guy that pulled himself up into one of the major medical corps, but was no where near as ruthless or flashy as they would like. So when one of their star surgeons take botch a face lift on a very important patient related to a board member, he becomes the scapegoat, and was pretty much entirely ostracized from proper society. Still tries to be a man of culture and taste of the old world, not caring for the horrible monstrosities that have taken up residence outside the city. Would likely be a close associate with our hacker, providing hardware while she provides the software.
My street kid could know him from doing "no questions asked" deliveries to/from him. I asked before whether even dirt poor people have enhancements, maybe she got paid for a job in upgrades?

EnigmaticOne

Validated User
Is it a little powerful, once someone is wounded you already get to add their die. Being able to step that up is not an insignificant bonus in this system, though I would not say too broken. having to spend a PP to step it up might be too much. Another possibility would be taking a die from the doom pool and either returning it stepped up or down depending on whether you spent a PP.
So I decided to crib the Oh My Stars and Garters from the Beast datafile, and just change the name.

ajdynon

Validated User
Ok, trying to refine this a bit.

J-Me

Affiliations
Solo d10, Buddy d6, Team d8

Distinctions:
Grew up on the streets
Get it from anywhere, to anywhere
[TBD]

Power Sets:
Metro Runner
Superhuman Reflexes (d10)
Superhuman Speed (d10)
Swingline (d10)
Enhanced Durability (d8)
Superhuman Stamina (d10)
Enhanced Strength (d8)

Shinobi Symbiote
Invisibility (d8)
Intangibility (d10)

[Not sure what to do with SFX]

Specialties:
Acrobatic Master
Combat Expert
Covert Master
Crime Expert
Vehicle Expert (?)

Background:

ajdynon

Validated User
Also, kind of blanking on background beyond "Grew up on the streets, did delivery work and theft to survive, possibly merged with enhancements she was supposed to deliver that were improperly sealed and/or opened when someone tried to take them off her (which may have ticked off the sender and/or intended recipient)". My only other thought is that she may have had contact with Nick Fletcher. Can anyone offer suggestions?

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Does just about everyone in this setting have enhancements, even if they're dirt poor?
I am fine with either option, few people have them or everyone has them. But I would say if you were poor you were either using mass market cheap stuff that you are constantly replacing (the Vimes thought, you spend $10 on a pair of shoes buy buy new shoes every year, or you buy a pair of $100 shoes that last decades), or you owe people favours.

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
A ajdynon

Distinctions can be about history, code of conduct, attitude, a physical description, some statement of fact about the character. They should usually have some kind of negative implication so you can roll them as a D4 complication and get a plot point. Looking at your character, if you had to describe her in three, short sentences, what would they be?

Your metro runner has a lot of different parts to it, so much so I would consider just having it as a single power. Use the versatile SFX and you can break the D10s into 2D8 when you need die. Swingline D10 is pretty high. If it is just something that you use to explain fast movement you could change it to D6 and it is just a useful feature.

Don't know if you have access to the books, but I really think a reskin of daredevil would give you the powers you want.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Distinctions can be about history, code of conduct, attitude, a physical description, some statement of fact about the character. They should usually have some kind of negative implication so you can roll them as a D4 complication and get a plot point. Looking at your character, if you had to describe her in three, short sentences, what would they be?
Speaking of, mostly as an exercise to nail things down...

• Artful hacker: when she needs to be quick and dirty instead of showing off, or when she's supposed to be infiltrating some bleeding-edge system tracelessly but just has to leave a mark somewhere
  • Social Chameleon: when she deals with someone who's met her in a different context without preparing a proper level of disguise
  • Holistic battlefield awareness: When she's jammed too intensely to keep dataskimming everything around her, or the combat area is just that low-tech

Top Bottom