• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Interest] Post-apocalyptic long-term adventure with GURPS

DrStrangelove

Rule Britannia
Validated User
Now that I’ve got my GMing mojo flowing again, and more than enough free time, I was wondering how many people here would be interested in a GURPS 3ed, long-term campaign set in a post-apocalyptic, nuclear desert adventure where quality metal scrap is god, food is really scarce, working guns are a true symbol of status and there are more people than the world in its current state can sustain which leads to gangs of hungry cannibals roaming the land.

Overall, it would be combat-heavy, with players in full control of the adventure. Possibilities include multiple quests, serving as mercenaries for the local factions or independent settlements, banditry, scavenging, hunting, farming & crafting, trading etc. - pretty much anything you may wish to do in a post-apocalyptic world. I had the pleasure of running possibly about 30 campaigns in this setting so my drawers are full of ideas, and my players have done it all.

While the world would be considerably harsh, I don’t want to make it feel punishing and I’m always willing to listen to your suggestions.

I would need about 5-6 players who are willing to commit to a long-term campaign. If you have any questions and/or suggestions, please post them here.

Last edited:

Wei

Validated User
I’m potentially in, though I’d hope this would be a very tough adventure with death being on the table at all times.

DrStrangelove

Rule Britannia
Validated User
I’m potentially in, though I’d hope this would be a very tough adventure with death being on the table at all times.
That is an option, but, as always, I don’t want someone whose character dies to feel left alone if he wants to play so I’d rather do it with some sort of a ‘respawn’ mechanic where a new PC is introduced after someone’s demise, played by the original player.

Wei

Validated User
That is an option, but, as always, I don’t want someone whose character dies to feel left alone if he wants to play so I’d rather do it with some sort of a ‘respawn’ mechanic where a new PC is introduced after someone’s demise, played by the original player.
A deadly campaign with some sort of respawn setting would be best. We would still truly fear death, as we would lose our character and progression, but would still be able to continue the game if we like it.

The_Cinder_King

I am intrigued by the setting that you described however I have no knowledge of Gurps but if you are willing to have me I am willing to learn and I myself see my self as a fast learner.

DrStrangelove

Rule Britannia
Validated User
I am intrigued by the setting that you described however I have no knowledge of Gurps but if you are willing to have me I am willing to learn and I myself see my self as a fast learner.
That’s the spirit ;-) It’s a rather easy system and you can even use one of my pre-made characters. In any case, I’d be happy to help you, either with the mechanics or character creation.

The_Cinder_King

Well first i am thrilled that you are willing to except a noob at GURPS and secondly as long as it is more towards evening and not thursday I should not have any reason to not play. Just keep me posted and I am excited to what this game will entail.

Wei

Validated User
Well first i am thrilled that you are willing to except a noob at GURPS and secondly as long as it is more towards evening and not thursday I should not have any reason to not play. Just keep me posted and I am excited to what this game will entail.
If it’s a pbp, and it is, you can post whenever you want ;)

bikewrench

section de reconnaissance
Validated User
I'm interested.
What are the realism and grittyness settings at?
What point level and which books etc.?

DrStrangelove

Rule Britannia
Validated User
I'm interested.
What are the realism and grittyness settings at?
What point level and which books etc.?
I want to tailor it to what people joining the game as far as finer details go, but overall I envision a rather realistic campaign with focus on survival, especially at the first stage as players are no movie heroes and they start with very little. Grittyness definitely at a rather high level, this is a fallen world that just began to rise.

Point limit should be around 125 as players are survivors with some experience already.

GURPS low tech will be quite important, but not essential. I’ll try to keep everyone on the same page even if they don’t have the book. Firearms are very rare in this world, mostly home brewed and prone to failure. Fallout shelter survivors have some but are not willing to share.

Top Bottom