• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Interest/Recruiting] Cyberpunk Space Opera (FATE Accelerated)

NikoCarcosa

Validated User
A simulacrum/replicant is less an AI and more a clone, just a clone with synthetic rather than born-of-woman source. I get the xenjes availability problems, but you're thinking of the character as more of an android or robot than they really are. We can debate the status of organic constructs in the setting, but the limits of computational AI don't really apply here.

Some Regrets

Validated User
Ah, I follow: in that case, putting wetware into an embryo or a vat grown clone is somewhat more achievable.

Still fairly heavy duty stuff: expensive, involved. Again, likely to be the property of a big organization.

Important to note how *cheap* labor is in this setting. Baseline humans aren't good for much besides low-status service work (including sex work). Making a very expensive clone/wetware hybrid is far more expensive than exploiting very large numbers of poor people.

As a novelty item for someone very rich and unethical? Perhaps?

NikoCarcosa

Validated User
Which means a Trouble of "On the run" makes perfect sense. I'm seeing them having cut off distinctive markings, shaved off hair. Wears AR goggles or replaced eyes. Hiding what makes them obviously simulacrum, and pretty heavily scarred.

Top Bottom