[Interest/Recruitment] FAE Lost World-Masters of Umdaar

drewt333

Agent of Fortune
Validated User
Any interest in Masters of Umdaar? I am happy to run the setting as written but, if there's any interest in an Earth based trans-dimensional Lost World, I propose these additions:
  • An ancient Roman colony
  • Displaced Vikings, Mongols, Crusaders and natives from the Americas
  • A region of sky-islands complete with airships and a seldom visited Victorian (Steampunk) trading post
  • A Brotherhood of Sorceror Pirates
  • Plus a few British soldiers from the Anglo-Zulu war

Mostly just for background.

I understand we all have bills to pay and RealLife (tm) comes first so I'd keep the frequency down to 1 or 2 postings a week. I'd run the sample scenario as written, or a scenario based on character backgrounds if desired.

Kinetic Energy Weapon

flouveida
RPGnet Member
Validated User
What a coincidence, I was just talking about planetary romance in TRO the other day. :p I'd like to join in. I hadn't heard about Masters of Umdaar before, but I see it's "pay what you want" at DriveThruRPG. Checking it out now.

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oooh. I haven't had a chance to look at the setting in-depth, but based on what I see, I'm interested.

Glyptodont

此时此地
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I was just reading this last night after being notified of it thru Patreon. I'd be interested in playing. To simplify my life, I'd make a random character and fit it into what ever setting details folks want.

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Do you have a sense of what sort of campaign you would be running? I would find one focusing on fighting for freedom against the Masters much more engaging than one focusing on dungeon crawls for ancient artifacts. I have trouble getting emotionally invested in the latter sort of adventures enough to enjoy them.

Also, are you thinking of a cartoonish black-and-white good vs. evil or something with more shades of grey--where we are certainly heroes, but the political landscape is complicated and some villains are capable of redemption?

drewt333

Agent of Fortune
Validated User
What a coincidence, I was just talking about planetary romance in TRO the other day. :p I'd like to join in. I hadn't heard about Masters of Umdaar before, but I see it's "pay what you want" at DriveThruRPG. Checking it out now.
Outstanding! Let us know what you think.

drewt333

Agent of Fortune
Validated User
Do you have a sense of what sort of campaign you would be running? I would find one focusing on fighting for freedom against the Masters much more engaging than one focusing on dungeon crawls for ancient artifacts. I have trouble getting emotionally invested in the latter sort of adventures enough to enjoy them.

Also, are you thinking of a cartoonish black-and-white good vs. evil or something with more shades of grey--where we are certainly heroes, but the political landscape is complicated and some villains are capable of redemption?
Firstly, yes, the art is freaking awesome. :)

Secondly, and I should be very up-front about this, I like stories of honor, corruption, struggle and redemption. There will be a vast spectrum of grey between the black and white, neatly outlining the primary four-color action. Did I stretch that metaphor too far?

Top Bottom