• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Interest / Recruitment] Monsterhearts 2e (FULL)

Hyena_Creative

Constant Giggler
Validated User
Are we looking at a contemporary game, or something more nostalgic? Mid 1990s?

NAME: Iggy St. Cyr
LOOK: Covered in scars of varying sizes-- fine-line tracery on their face, neck, hands and fingers. Heavy keloid on their arms, legs, and torso. Their hungry eyes heterochromic, but only if you look closely. One is a darker brown than the other, but you're not sure which is which.
ORIGIN: Constructed

BACKSTORY
Doctor Edgar St. Cyr is the best plastic surgeon in the Pacific Northwest, and set down roots in Cursed Woods ten years ago that have grown deep and strong. He's what most consider a Pillar of the Community, and it made perfect sense that he'd adopt a troubled Seattle teen with a history of behavioral problems like Iggy. The paperwork is all nice a proper, even if there's not really anyone in Capital Hill (or Seattle in general) who remembers Iggy.

Let's be honest, that's because Iggy isn't from Seattle. Iggy isn't from anywhere. They weren't born. They were built. The good doctor is a serial murderer with a major Frankenstein fixation. For the past fifteen years, St. Cyr has been taking teenagers between fourteen and seventeen years old, and efficiently, quickly killing them. He's then taken them apart and put them back together in one combination or another. With Iggy's completion three months ago,, he's finally gotten what he was looking for: a fully functioning person.
Definitely contemporary / twenty-teens. I prefer my modern games modern.

Cool backstory, will post my thoughts more clearly later (early morning here)

Meriss

Chaos Incarnate
Validated User
OK, cool, so it is 2019 and the characters are what, 16-18?
I would suggest 15-18 but that's me. Though I am going to suggest a similar age/grade/schedule for everyone just to keep everyone from moping around in the corner.

Cordelia is going to be a very active Witch. I believe that a Witch should be played like Judge Dredd. Basically I'm going to be constantly searching for Tokens and using them

NikoCarcosa

Validated User
I should probably watch Tokyo Ghoul if apparently one of the characters (Uta) is a great visual reference for Iggy...

Last edited:

Hyena_Creative

Constant Giggler
Validated User
OK, cool, so it is 2019 and the characters are what, 16-18?
Correct!
I’d probably err toward 16-18 Meriss Meriss , especially given that we are playing a game with Sex Moves... And yeah, the seating plan will be for the PCs’ homeroom. I think that’s a pretty good shared ground, and can easily go across multiple ages.

How old do people think their characters are (or appear to be, in Iggy’s case)?

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
If we're doing the start of the school year, I think May is 17, going to turn 18 right around the end of the school year.

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
Nice list. Also the inclusion of Billie Eilish reminds me, she's definitely a solid image influence for the twins—June with the variable hair colours and attitude but a bit more willing to be seen in things that aren't baggy and May when she has fully bleached / silver hair and her more typical baggy look.

Top Bottom