• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Interest / Recruitment] War on the Iron Pyramid—Mage the Awakening 2e

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
This is a solid number of current Mages posted to Lemuria. Those who have interest but not a character concept, please drop one here in the next day or two, and once there are workable concepts we'll move to char gen and all that.

As an FYI relevant to said char gen and possibly to concept refinement, the NPC Mages are going to be the Ithaca ones for the most part as well as others from outside of the Lemurian community. The exception is a Free Council Shaman with the Shadow name "the Bridge", who is essentially the vodka aunt of mages stuck in Lemuria.

Gareth3

Validated User
Do you mind if I change Lennon from a Moros to a Mastigos, focussed on Mind? I know someone's already chosen Mastigos, but I think this fits the concept better.

Maledicta

RPGnet Member
Validated User
This is a solid number of current Mages posted to Lemuria. Those who have interest but not a character concept, please drop one here in the next day or two, and once there are workable concepts we'll move to char gen and all that.

As an FYI relevant to said char gen and possibly to concept refinement, the NPC Mages are going to be the Ithaca ones for the most part as well as others from outside of the Lemurian community. The exception is a Free Council Shaman with the Shadow name "the Bridge", who is essentially the vodka aunt of mages stuck in Lemuria.
I have an idea for a concept if you don't mind another Mastigos.

He will be a hacker who has already tried to break into some of the enemies' systems and barely escaped with his life as he was snatched up by some Diamond recruiters and shipped to Lemuria, "for his own safety". He is now alternately brooding and trying to get into contact with other like-minded Mages who think that the right time to assault the Seers is NOW (or at least, as soon as a working plan for an assault has been devised).

I don't have a lot of experience with the magic system of MtAw, but I was imagining that he would be looking to join the Cloud Infinite Legacy (from Left-Hand Path).

Maledicta

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Cloud Infinite is a left-hand Legacy for a reason.
Sure. But I thought, if we're playing Mages who clashed with their masters before, why not go all out? Also, maybe he has the best intentions upon joining the Legacy. Maybe he tells himself that he won't go any further for sure this time, every single step on the way...

It's of course entirely the ST's call and I'm not hell-bent on joining.

Rook S.

scritches make me floof!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It may be ultimately the ST's call, but a left-handed willworker in the party is too much pvp potential for me.

I'm not familiar with that one. What is it?
They use stolen souls to expand their minds through parallel processing.

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
Ahead of being able to post more / setting up the OOC thread and such, I'm going to say that soul stealing Legacies are not a good choice for the campaign. Being in a position where going with a soul theft to press the war, having to deal on relatively friendly terms with a Tremer, etc. may come up. But persistently stealing souls, entreating the Abyss, and so on not so much.

Top Bottom