• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Interest / Recruitment] War on the Iron Pyramid—Mage the Awakening 2e

Maledicta

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Ahead of being able to post more / setting up the OOC thread and such, I'm going to say that soul stealing Legacies are not a good choice for the campaign. Being in a position where going with a soul theft to press the war, having to deal on relatively friendly terms with a Tremer, etc. may come up. But persistently stealing souls, entreating the Abyss, and so on not so much.
That's fine, my character concept doesn't hinge on it.

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
OK, everyone who put up a character concept head on over to the OOC thread for character creation and so forth. We'll do back and forth on development of the characters there.

T The Snark could I have a fuller character concept before you head over there.

The Snark

Lewis Carroll Refugee
Validated User
Certainly! The character is actually shaping up less paranoid than I had originally envisioned; she's a junior Mystagogue who got caught in the middle of a feud between her superiors and the local Free Council consilium. Specifically, she allowed a Free Council cabal access to restricted Mysterium information on the Seers of the Throne (supposedly in pursuit of a local cell). Sure, it's sensitive information, and she knew there was bad blood between the two orders, but the Libertines made an awfully good case, and she expected a bit of censure at worst. Instead, she nearly found herself expelled from the Mysterium. Cooler heads prevailed, and she got sent to Lemuria instead... but she's kind of bitter about it. She's not a warhawk or obsessed vigilante, she just made one stupid mistake. The punishment might well end up backfiring, as she's a lot more likely to sympathize with her fellow Lemurian exiles than the people who (in her mind) threw her under the bus...

(I should note this is in large part inspired by a past game which featured a heated ideological conflict between the Mysterium and Free Council over freedom of information. I don't really know how much of this was that GM's invention, as opposed to being part of the default setting, but even if it's not a thing in general a )

Before Awakening she was nobody special; just a girl in one of those tiny roadside towns in the Midwest that consists of a gas station, a 24-hour diner and not a lot else, watching all sorts of people from all sorts of places go by, but never catching more than a glimpse. The Awakening was her chance to walk out and see what lies down the road for herself. Acanthus, as I mentioned, more Time-focused than Fate. Social primary, but more focused on people-watching than talking.

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
Local politics trumps other things, so the conditions of particular orders being at odds or not is likely to vary from region to region. I like the idea of someone who probably shouldn't have been tossed there. Head on over to the OOC thread for further stuff.

robothedino

If you're still accepting applications, or have a spot open in the future, I want in! This looks stellar.

Rough character concept:
A former graduate student in paleobotany who found something extraordinary on a dig in upstate New York. The find triggered his Awakening, but unfortunately, he has no idea what it was; the Seers got to him and managed to erase the memory of what he saw. Getting mind-raped like that, as well as a desperate need to recover the lost knowledge, has led him to dedicate to finding the bastards who stole his memories and uncover the lost epiphany. Constantly terrified that erasing his memory wasn't the only thing they did while rummaging around in his brain.

(If this overlaps too heavily with other concepts I am very amenable to going in another direction).

Let me know if there's room; either way I'll be following the game!

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
Since we kicked off the IC thread and I've got a solid starting number, I'm going to have to say there isn't any room right now.

Top Bottom