• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Interest/Recruitment] Werewolf (20th, Revised, oWoD) All Are of Gaia

Siwyenbast

Resident Catgirl
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hmm, I might want to play this, but I'd be playing a Bubasti that specializes in security and lore. She'd likely just be finishing up the end of her First Year with her Kuasha and this is an exercise in working together. With the Bastet, their tribe is hard-coded, and they do not have auspices. Pyrios, or the way they look at things, yes, but not auspices. I have both books, but I am a bit more used to the BNS book, as I LARP with MES.

DeeCee

Drowning in Armour
Validated User
Just a tidying-up and recap thus far.

Maledicta, Donan, and Rook S. have all expressed initial interest or had questions. Are any of you still considering playing?

Damian already has a character in mind (I don't need full sheets yet, btw), as does Siwyenbast.

With the interest in Corax and Bastet, this premise is kind of morphing into a multi-Fera game. The one core that I do want to keep, though, is the merging together of characters into a "pack". If we have a lot of werewolves, then this is part of their nature. If we end up with only one or two werewolves, then we have to have a reason for all of these folks to act together. To become a pack.

I chose this premise because I wish to avoid in-fighting, Elf Syndrome (where characters look down on others because of their race, for not being Elves, etc.), or too many dominance games. I really want the group to be united against the darkness.

Anyway, the recruitment thread will stay up until this weekend. I have no problems with other Fera or the like, but it does change the complexion of the game somewhat. If your character plays well with others and can get behind the idea of a pack, cool!

Maledicta

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm still interested. For fairness' sake, since Corax don't have Tribe Gifts, should I just nix my third starting Gift? Any other restrictions on what traits I can/cannot take?

Also, would there be some sort of human settlement somewhere in the vicinity of the Caern, even if it's just a small town? I'm asking since I'm planning on making my Corax a Homid.

DeeCee

Drowning in Armour
Validated User
I'm still interested. For fairness' sake, since Corax don't have Tribe Gifts, should I just nix my third starting Gift? Any other restrictions on what traits I can/cannot take?

Also, would there be some sort of human settlement somewhere in the vicinity of the Caern, even if it's just a small town? I'm asking since I'm planning on making my Corax a Homid.
Sure, just take away one Gift. You probably haven't had enough time to absorb it from Parliaments/mentors/spirits just yet.

There's various human settlements all over the Territories, but you don't have to be associated with this particular Caern per se; you all may have been gathered up via moon bridges from all over the place, wherever your mentors and teachers found you.

The Rite of Passage is at this Caern because there were Garou available and willing to perform the Rite. A lot of the other Septs are currently busy, and some would have...problems with such a mixed pack being brought into the Nation. So I figure that various elders talked and bargained (either for your cause or to be rid of you, as the case may be) to come to this Caern in the NWT and have the Rite performed, and it's isolated enough and has enough wilderness that you'll be no danger to yourself or others while you go about coming together more as a pack.

I chose NWT because one potential story lead or two (if you guys chose that route) will likely happen in or around Yellowknife. The Caern at which you were assembled is probably a couple of hours away from the city. I can go into more lore about that Caern's Sept, but you likely will not need to know any of that until your Rite is complete and you can return or find a home Caern of your own somewhere. Or maybe create one!

As a side note, I realize that I haven't put forth much of a specific pitch on this one; it was intentional, as I wanted to avoid being too stuck and finicky with story ideas, and just have fun with a more loose sort of campaign. I decided to run a game and (unusually for me) just jumped in with both feet. It's possible that I put some folks off from applying just by reason of the vagueness. Sorry folks!

DeeCee

Drowning in Armour
Validated User
Last day for recruitment.
Looks like we only have three interested players/characters so far. That's a bit low, given PbP standard losses, but I can work with it.

If people want in the game, this is the last opportunity before I get going on the IC/OOC thread, character generation, and initial posting.

Just a note: the best way to be in touch with me is in-thread; I'm terrible at even realizing that I have direct messages, and that's with the little red exclamation marks and all.

ChaosSwan

Heyy

My concept for a character would be a Child of Gaia Theurge who prefers to focus on himself and plants around him but does rather poor in social aspect with other garou or humans while not being quite as much of a failure while taking to s

DeeCee

Drowning in Armour
Validated User
Heyy

My concept for a character would be a Child of Gaia Theurge who prefers to focus on himself and plants around him but does rather poor in social aspect with other garou or humans while not being quite as much of a failure while taking to s
I'm guessing that the last part of that sentence would be "talking to spirits"?

DeeCee

Drowning in Armour
Validated User
Going to try my hand at forum notification and mentions.

Hopefully I will have the IC/OOC thread started up tonight.

Still waiting to hear if the following are interested:
@Donan;
@Rook S.;

I know Rook was looking to possibly play a mage, but if you're interested in a shifter, let me know!

@Damian May; You're in if you still wish to play.

@Siwyenbast; You're also in if you wish to play. Bubasti and Corax in the same pack might be a neat concordance.

@Maledicta; Your homid Corax is in if you still wish it. I didn't have any other restrictions for traits than one less Gift, but if something crops up in character gen in the IC/OOC thread, we'll sort it out. No big deal.

@ChaosSwan; seems new to the forum (assuming non-sock), so I'd like to get that blood into the game and welcome as much as I can. Child of Gaia Theurge it is.

That's four players so far, possibly up to six, which is a good start. Leaving the thread open for recruitment until sometime tonight.

Top Bottom