• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC Into the Dark - Shadow of the Spider Moon

Carsten

Validated User
She's already got advantage, both from how good the speech was and from the entire party standing there looking intimidating on deck.

The dice think otherwise though :)

Intimidation against the bullies: 1d20 2

Skill is +4, but that's not going to help that much...

Edit: Oh, I just re-read the advantage rules and seems I can roll two dice and chose the better one. It's been a while since I last played, sorry :p. If I misunderstood the rules ignore the second roll.

Intimidation against the bullies, Advantage Re-Roll: 1d20 9

Not great, but better :p

Last edited:

Carsten

Validated User
A question that's been bothering me for a while: What does the dock look like? These ships work in zero-g, so is this dock just a lot of planks where the ships tether in a 3D environment, or is it more like a conventional harbor where everything is aligned towards one plane? If someone jumps overboard, what happens to him? Does he fall somewhere, or float in little to no gravity?

I'm asking because I wonder how defensible the ship is. If there is just a single plank you can use to enter that's pretty good, but if there are ships and docks above ours where people can rappel down or even jump that makes our position much more dangerous. I doubt Anedith would recognize the tactical issues, but *I*'d like to know :)

Crimson Carcharodon

Validated User
A question that's been bothering me for a while: What does the dock look like? These ships work in zero-g, so is this dock just a lot of planks where the ships tether in a 3D environment, or is it more like a conventional harbor where everything is aligned towards one plane? If someone jumps overboard, what happens to him? Does he fall somewhere, or float in little to no gravity?

I'm asking because I wonder how defensible the ship is. If there is just a single plank you can use to enter that's pretty good, but if there are ships and docks above ours where people can rappel down or even jump that makes our position much more dangerous. I doubt Anedith would recognize the tactical issues, but *I*'d like to know :)
I completely forgot to describe the docks, sorry. Imagine four or five conventional docks, with piers and ships tethered, stacked on top of each other. The city has a bunch of layers, all facing the same direction, with the city's magically-created gravity all oriented in the same direction toward one end of the asteroid. There are smaller docks all over the city, mostly private docks connected to individual communities or manor homes. The main docks, where you guys are, are stacked up and down. You're in the lowest end, but the nearest dock above you is at least a hundred feet up. Have to have plenty of space for bigger ships, after all.

I'll try to bust out some graph paper and draw a few actual maps of Discord this week. I've been trying to work out in my head how the city would work all week.

Myth

Southern Mane
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'll be away at a training tomorrow, and won't be posting until Sunday.

Carsten

Validated User
I just noticed the PDF does cut off the gear Anedith has, so here is a complete list. IIRC she has about 110 gold left after buying everything not starter gear

Rapier; Dagger; Longbow, Arrows (not sure about the amount, shopping list is at home)
Leather Armor
Clothes, common (3); Clothes, fine; Disguise Kit; Backpack; Bedroll; Waterskin; Lute; Flute; Paper; Ink Pen; Purse; Whetstone; Lantern, bullseye; Entertainers Pack ( some of the stuff listed is from this pack)
Clothes, black; Thieves Tools (PHB lists these come with the "Spy" background so I did not actually buy them, but she has enough money left if that would be needed)

Most of these things are in her cabin of course unless they are on an actual "field trip" where you'll need water and supplies.

Crimson Carcharodon

Validated User
Okay, I'll get working on a scene move to Tivani's shop. Is everyone going or are some PCs going to stay with the Roll the Dice?

Also, now that I think about it, can everyone repost their sheets here? More for convenience than anything so I know where all the sheets are.

Archer

Just This Guy
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OK.

Spoiler: Show
Dorn, Half-Orc Pirate
L3 Fighter- Battlemaster
Neutral

St: 16 (+3)
Dx: 12 (+1)
Cn: 16 (+3)
In: 10 (+0)
Ws: 10 (+0)
Ch: 12 (+1)

Hit Points: 31
AC: 16

Proficiencies:
Armor: All
Weapons: All
Tools: Navigator's Tools, Carpenter's Tools, Vehicles (Space?)
Saving Throws: Strength (+5) and Constitution (+5)
Skills: Acrobatics (+3), Athletics (+5), Intimidation (+3), Perception (+2), Survival (+2)

Equipment:
Greatsword
Chainmail
2 handaxes
1 belaying pin (club)
Explorer’s Pack
Heavy crossbow (50 gp)
20 bolts + case (2 gp)
Dagger (2 gp)
Navigator’s tools (25 gp)
Carpenter’s Tools (8 gp)
Pouch (5 sp)
Grappling Hook (2 gp)
Potion of Healing (50 gp)
Alchemist’s fire (50 gp)
2 sets common clothes (1 gp)
Crowbar (2 gp)
Flask (2 cp)
Hooded lantern (5 gp)
Chest (5 gp)
Signal whistle (5 cp)
5 Oil flasks (5 sp)

Treasure:
Gold: 46
Silver: 8
Copper: 2

Half-Orc
Ability Score Increases: St +2, Cn +1
Darkvision: grayscale vision, 60' range, darkness as dim light, dim light as bright light
Menacing: Intimidation proficiency
Relentless Endurance: When reduced to 0 HP but not killed, can drop to 1 HP instead once per long rest.
Savage Attacks: Roll one extra die on critical hit.

Pirate
Feature: Bad Reputation – In a civilized settlement I can get away with minor criminal offenses without being reported to the authorities.
Personality: My friends know they can rely on me, no matter what.
Ideals: People. I’m committed to my crewmates, not to ideals.
Bonds: Ruthless pirate hunters murdered my captain and crewmates, plundered our ship, and left me to die.
Flaws: I can’t help but pocket loose coins and other trinkets I come across.

Fighter
Weapon Style: Great Weapon Fighting: When using two-handed weapon, on a roll 1 or 2 for damage, reroll.
Second Wind: Once per short rest, use bonus action to regain 1d10 + 3 HP.
Action Surge: Once per short rest, take one additional action on turn.

Martial Archetype: Battlemaster
Combat Superiority: 4d8 superiority dice per short rest.
Maneuvers:
Menacing Attack : On a hit, expend one superiority die to add the total to the damage roll and the target must make a Ws saving throw (DC 13). On failure, it is frightened of you until the end of your next turn.
Precision Attack: Expend one superiority die to add it to attack roll before or after the roll but before any effects are applied.
Trip Attack: On a hit, expend one superiority die to add the total to the damage roll, and if the target is Large or smaller, it must make a St saving throw (DC 13). On failure, you knock the target prone.

And Dorn's coming along.

Carsten

Validated User
Anedith:
Spoiler: Show

Anedith Skysong, High Elven Bard
L3 Bard (Spy)
Chaotic Good

St: 12 (+1)
Dx: 15 (+4)
Cn: 12 (+1)
In: 12 (+1)
Ws: 10 (+0)
Ch: 15 (+4)

Hit Points: 21
AC: 13
Initiative +3
Speed 30

Tool Proficiencies: Drum; Flute; Lute; Playing Card Set; Thieves' Tools

Weapon Proficiencies: Crossbow, hand; Longbow; Longsword; Rapier; Shortbow; Shortsword; Simple

Armor Proficiencies: Light

Language Proficiencies: Common; Elvish; Undercommon

Proficiencies: (in bracket means unskilled)
Acrobatics +4
Animal Handling (+1)
Arcana (+2)
Athletics (+2)
Deception +4
History (+2)
Insight (+1)
Intimidation +4
Investigation +3
Medicine (+1)
Nature (+2)
Perception +2
Performance +6
Persuasion +6
Religion (+2)
Sleight Of Hand +4
Stealth +4
Survival (+1)

Equipment:
Rapier; Dagger; Longbow, Arrows (not sure about the amount, shopping list is at home)
Leather Armor
Clothes, common (3); Clothes, fine; Disguise Kit; Backpack; Bedroll; Waterskin; Lute; Flute; Paper; Ink Pen; Purse; Whetstone; Lantern, bullseye; Entertainers Pack ( some of the stuff listed is from this pack)
Clothes, black; Thieves Tools (PHB lists these come with the "Spy" background so I did not actually buy them, but she has enough money left if that would be needed)

Treasure:
Gold: ?
Silver: ?
Copper: ?
(around 110gp left IIRC)

Spells

Cantrips:
Ray of Frost (INT based, rest is CHA-based)
Mage Hand
Minor Illusion
L1:
Comprehend Languages
Cure Wounds
L2:
Enhance Ability
Hold Person
Invisibility
Suggestion

----------Bonus Actions----------
Bardic Inspiration. Inspire another creature with a 1d6 that it can, within the next 10 min., add to a d20 roll (use twice/long rest).

-------------Reactions-------------
Cutting Words. Expend a use of Bardic Inspiration to subtract 1d6 from an attack, ability, or damage roll made by a creature within 60 ft.

-----------Other Traits------------
Darkvision: 60 ft.
Immunities: magical-sleep

Fey Ancestry. Advantage on charmed saves and immune to sleep magic.

Jack of All Trades. +1 to ability checks that don't already include your proficiency bonus.

Song of Rest. With a song, you and friendly creatures gain 1d6 additional healing at the end of a short rest.

Trance. Trance 4 hrs. instead of sleep 8.

Top Bottom