• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Is Anybody Playing Firefly?

Future Villain Band

Super Moderator
Validated User
Is anybody still playing Firefly? I heard a lot of talk about it, but not much since, and with a new book out, I was wondering about people's thoughts.

flatscan

Validated User
I purchased the book a couple months ago, read it and have been searching for a group to play in with little luck. I fear this excellent game may be too little too late with it being so long since Firefly was on the tube.

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User
My campaign is lining up. We have yet to have a session yet, but our next scheduled game is not for a few months. We are switching over from Serenity.

mornwraith

Validated User
I think a lot of people have bought the book, but not a lot are actually playing it.
Mainly I think because they've already run a Firefly game with the earlier cortex edition, hacked the Marvel Supers game, or ran it with a different rules system all together. Most people who wanted to run/play in a firefly setting have already done so at least once.
In fact, I think a lot of people bought Firefly as the baseline Cortex+Action rulebook, the same way that Marvel is the Cortex+Heroic rulebook & Smallville is the Cortex+Drama rulebook. The actual setting is almost secondary.

Kaemaril

My other car is a TARDIS
Validated User
FWIW, a chap at my local game club is running a Firefly campaign that, from the feedback I've heard, appears to be going really well.

@robowieland

Follow me on Twitter!
Validated User
I've run it a lot at conventions but haven't gotten to a series yet.

Between the stuff we've put out, converting the adventures from Serenity and copying the 100+ hooks from the various "game idea from song title" threads, I'll be well-stocked.

One thing to note: A lot of the folks I've talked to who've bought the book are people brand new to roleplaying. I've heard a lot of "I would never play D&D, but I'll play this." at Gen Con. This board is mostly people who have been around the block a few times, so that might also be a factor.

Shiro

Resplendent and Coniferous
Validated User
I'm eager to play or run it, but my fiancée is a bigger fan than I, and she really wants it to be the game she cuts her GMing teeth on. In support of her learning GMing on her own terms, I'm therefore holding back on doing anything with it myself.

Unfortunately she's not overly fond of reading rulebooks, especially in PDF... We are working on getting a print copy.

@robowieland

Follow me on Twitter!
Validated User
I'm eager to play or run it, but my fiancée is a bigger fan than I, and she really wants it to be the game she cuts her GMing teeth on. In support of her learning GMing on her own terms, I'm therefore holding back on doing anything with it myself.

Unfortunately she's not overly fond of reading rulebooks, especially in PDF... We are working on getting a print copy.
One of my favorite moments of Gen Con was watching a play group form right in front of my eyes as a pair of players told their GM "No, we'll take turns running this. You play for once."

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm currently running a Firefly game. It's going very well so far!

Top Bottom