Is there any equivalents of the treant among aberrations?

DMH

Master of Mutant Design
Validated User
Fungi are predators, scavengers and parasites; not plant analogs.

I really do like the blog however. Thank you for providing that link.

Dirigible

i come in peace
Validated User
Overseers were one of the few abominations that made it into Lords of Madness. And they may have a tree shape, but they aren't a plant analog. They could become one with some tinkering, though I doubt they would be willing to be food like the flesh jelly.
You were asking for shepherds/eco-manager types. Anything that can make a species of manic narcissistic xeneophobes work together sounds like that to me; the tree-like shape is just a bonus similarity to the treant.

DMH

Master of Mutant Design
Validated User
You were asking for shepherds/eco-manager types. Anything that can make a species of manic narcissistic xeneophobes work together sounds like that to me; the tree-like shape is just a bonus similarity to the treant.
I have been thinking about this and rereading their stats in Lords of Madness. It is a good idea to use them as hive moderators for a variety of aberrations and only requires one tweak- changing their Command Beholder ability to Command Aberration.

It could also be useful to add that ability to other leader species such as the deepspawn.

Top Bottom