• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Is there any way to adjust how my user name appears?

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Right now my user name gets cut into "SilvercatMoop" and "aw". Is there any way to change it so that doesn't happen? Probably by inserting a space before the "M", I'm not asking anyone to figure out how to give me extra width.

Hello Kaiju

Squeeonk!
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Looking through other threads, if the userid has spaces between words they seem to split on a space. Can anyone report cases in which names with spaces split words instead of on the spaces?

We're going to want to make test socks to make sure we know what we're doing with name changes and merges (and that they work properly), but there are enough users on the forum that crowdsourcing will probably answer the display question better and faster than making a bunch of long-named socks and adding spaces to the sock-ids.

Crimson Carcharodon

Validated User
Add me to this list of needing a space added to my name as well. I haven't seen any cases of a name with a space in it being split mid-word.

krfsm

GRAVE DUST Operator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
One suspects it'll happen when a word is more than 14-15 characters (as that's where the breakpoint is for the names of the people have asked about it in this thread).

ru

temporary avatar
RPGnet Member
Validated User
If you browser support user style sheets (or you have an appropriate browser extension), you can set:

.message-cell.message-cell--user {
flex: 0 0 200px;
}

to make the box wider.

Loew

Validated User
From my understanding of how linebreaks and word-wrapping works in HTML, user names which contain several smaller words (small = fits in one row) should always break at the space.
Possible solutions would be for example:
- as already mentioned, insert space(s) into the affected user names (Silvercat Moonpaw)
- insert a zero width space character into the user name (pro: looks like the old username, con: the zero space character is (almost?) impossible to type, so login using the user name would be difficult

Top Bottom