• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

Issues With the Ban System

Rook Seidhr

Capybara Anchor
RPGnet Member
Banned
Validated User
you could introduce a "banned user" level which only differs from the non user level except where their issues are concerned
Probably best not to suggest measures that might require a wholesale rewrite of the forum software unless you're an expert PHP coder familiar with XenForo 2 internals and willing to donate time to the project.

NobodyImportant

Validated User
I’m not sure if this is the exact thread for this, but I don’t think it warrants a thread of its own, so here goes.

WubbaLubbaDubDub, despite being permanently banned, is not tagged as being banned.

Tanka

We See You
Staff member
Validated User
I’m not sure if this is the exact thread for this, but I don’t think it warrants a thread of its own, so here goes.

WubbaLubbaDubDub, despite being permanently banned, is not tagged as being banned.
It was a difference in methodology, nothing less. The user is banned.

Cannibal Smiliest

Formerly 'Cannibal Smilier'
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Probably best not to suggest measures that might require a wholesale rewrite of the forum software unless you're an expert PHP coder familiar with XenForo 2 internals and willing to donate time to the project.
Don’t, like, answer for me, okay? I’m not opposed to getting ideas.

buggritall

Thoroughly mediocre GM.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It's probably a minor issue compared to the others, but the date and time a ban will be lifted doesn't seem to respect time zone preference settings either. My recent three-day ban told me I can come back Jan 14 at 07:00... but I had no idea when that was meant to be, as I don't know what the server default time is.

The ban message also told me I was banned for 'Rules violations' without any reference on which rule that would be. A friend willing to take a screenshot for me showed me the moderator message along the lines of "take a few days off to think about this", but, well... if I didn't have someone willing to do that, I wouldn't even know what I'm supposed to be thinking about, if anything at all :p

Top Bottom