• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC It Belongs in a Reliquary: Hunt for The Sigillum Domini

pstjmack

Validated User
Outwardly, Ignatz is as impassive and motionless as a statue - part of his training. Inwardly, he is seething with the thirst for knowledge. The Sigillum Domini? What secrets might lie within that mausoleum?

Altheus

Not a nice person
Banned
Validated User
Monyka is stunned, thoughts reeling. She blurts out "The Emperors' seal, once held in His hand, far from Terra. Is the seal still in the tomb? Was there another robber who got away with it? Does the seal allow access to ancient secrets?"

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Slytherin
Validated User
Monyka is stunned, thoughts reeling. She blurts out "The Emperors' seal, once held in His hand, far from Terra. Is the seal still in the tomb? Was there another robber who got away with it? Does the seal allow access to ancient secrets?"
The Ministorum Administrator furrows his heavy brows upon being interrupted by the eager young Novice. Glaring at her disapprovingly for several minutes before continuing.

“My child...” he says condescendingly “we are not sending you out into the void to track down a simple piece of impressed wax. What we believe was contained within that Mausoleum was not a mere impression of the Emperor’s holy signet but rather the signet ring itself.”

Altheus

Not a nice person
Banned
Validated User
Monyka bows her head and falls silent, interlinking her thumbs to make the sign of the Aquila. "I understand, monsignor, please forgive my excitement at the thought of finding a personal relic of the Emperor himself."

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Slytherin
Validated User
Monyka bows her head and falls silent, interlinking her thumbs to make the sign of the Aquila. "I understand, monsignor, please forgive my excitement at the thought of finding a personal relic of the Emperor himself."
The Reverend-Mother takes a steps forward “Your ‘excitement’ is understandable Novice. And I’m sure it is shared by all in this room. This is unlike any treasure your squadron has ever been tasked to retrieve. There is nothing to forgive.”

Then with a nod of her head servitor drones begin passing out data tablets to each member of the squadron.

“On your tablets you will find all the technical data the Mechanicus has been able to obtain from the site. The information provided is too extensive to adequately cover here, so I suggest you all study it throughly. But there is one point which relates back to your ‘excited inquiry’ Sister Monyka .”

The holo-projector brings up an image of three dead bodies, incredibly well preserved after such a long exposure to the vacuum of space.

These are the tomb robbers discovered at the site. The one on the far left, we have been unable to identify at this time, although efforts are still underway. But judging from her tattoos, we believe her to be an underhive ganger from Necromunda allied to house Van Saar. The one in the middle, a Ratling who went by the unfortunate moniker of Deplorable Gaudí. A former trailblazer attached to the Alhambra 66th light Infantry during the Reconquista of Toledo. But on the last one we have quite a bit of information, as she was for a brief time in her notorious career one of our own.”

The holo-imager displays a Soroitas personnel file.

“Novice-Advance Regina Carlota. Assigned to the Orders Pronatus, but who refused her final vow of obligation in order to take up the company of this man..”

The imager displays the photo of an exceptionally dashing and handsome figure

“Nicodemus Shah. The self-styled last scion of the great Padishah dynasty. Though his connections to that ancient Rogue Trader house are tentative at best. Not that there is anyone left to challenge his claim as the main branch of the Dynasty went extinct some five hundred years ago. Intelligence reports indicate that our former Novice and Lord-Captain Shah had a bit of a falling out over a matter of infidelity on his part, after which she left his service to work independently. And as far as we know the two have barely spoken to one another since.”

Now, does anyone else have any questions before we continue with this briefing?”

Last edited:

Aliexster

Master Mech Mechanic
Validated User
Through out the meeting Aeysha stands in the back, arms crossed while she just stares at the Monsignor for several minutes. There was just something about him she didn't like, might just be the smell from his profuse perspiration, but something deep in her mind just warned her about something wrong.

Gingerly taking the data pad, she does a few quick swipes before coming up, "Yes, Reverend-Mother, I just have to wonder how the Emperor's own Signet ring could end up this far out from the core Sol System? He was still issuing Warrants and Decrees up until the end, though at a lessened pace to concentrate on some of his other works, so should have had it with him. At least from what I learned from the rather extensive library in this monastery." While she was willing to stare daggers at the priest, the Matriarch has already earned the Interrogator's respect and would not slight her.

"Perhaps the whole ruin is an elaborate trap for this Lord Captain Khan by one of his enemies that worked all too well and left fallow?"

Meriss

Chaos Incarnate
Validated User
Sister Palantine Helena Barova

Helena untangles her hands from the Aquila and thumbs through the dataslate. Her Diologus Training allows the elder sister to pick up a great deal of knowledge in a single reading. "Nyet, look at discovery report. Was sealed tomb chamber. Look at crenellations. Is right age for proper artifact. Canoness, suggestions for the ring, do we need reliquary to hide it from the unworthy on our return?"

Last edited:

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Slytherin
Validated User
Through out the meeting Aeysha stands in the back, arms crossed while she just stares at the Monsignor for several minutes. There was just something about him she didn't like, might just be the smell from his profuse perspiration, but something deep in her mind just warned her about something wrong.

Gingerly taking the data pad, she does a few quick swipes before coming up, "Yes, Reverend-Mother, I just have to wonder how the Emperor's own Signet ring could end up this far out from the core Sol System? He was still issuing Warrants and Decrees up until the end, though at a lessened pace to concentrate on some of his other works, so should have had it with him. At least from what I learned from the rather extensive library in this monastery." While she was willing to stare daggers at the priest, the Matriarch has already earned the Interrogator's respect and would not slight her.
An excellent question. But first, I would point out the sigil imprinted upon that shrine is the Raptor Imperialis, which was used as the Emperor’s personal symbol from the time of the Unification Wars on Terra through the early days of the Great Crusade. The Raptor Imperialis was in use by the Emperor until some point shortly after the Treaty of Mars after which His icon became the Holy Aquila. Now, as to the how...”

The Reverend-Mother looks over the kneeling Sister before seemingly picking one at random.

“Sister Hadiyah. Please rise and recite for the Interrogator the miracle of the widow’s bucket.”

The Sister-Dominion snaps to her feet at attention

“Yes Reverend-Mother. It was during the opening days of the Great Crusade, prior to the rediscovery of the Primarchs, when the Emperor and His army assaulted the planet Petra where they met a fierce resistance. The planet was undergoing a severe drought and the Emperor’s forces who were not use to such dry conditions were dying in their thousands from thirst as much as they were from enemy fire. It was then that the Master-of-Mankind saw an old widow drawing water from a well. She had sent her children down into the pit and after many hours of digging through the mud they had been able to fill the bucket with just enough water to keep one of them alive for another day.

The Emperor came to the woman and told her that He and His army thirsted. The widow knelt and offered her bucket to the God-Emperor. He took the bucket in his hands and drank deeply. Once the Emperor had finished He passed the bucket to His second, who in turn drank and passed the bucket to the solider beneath him. Thus did ten thousand soldiers drink their fill that day for it was not until the last man was refreshed that the bucket finally exhausted itself. And the Emperor’s army, their bodies rehydrated and their spirits bolstered by this Miracle charged forward to lay waste to the capital and take the planet.”

The Reverend-Mother nodded her approval “Excellent Sister Hadiyah. You may kneel. It is a story we all learn as children, but that is not all there is to that tale. Monsignor...”

The fat priest again struggles to rise from his plush seat..

“In the seventh scroll of the Sigillite, the blessed Malcador records an addendum to the story. After His army was refreshed, the Emperor blessed the widow, giving to her a token of appreciation - the ring from off his finger. But the widow ultimately proved unworthy of such a gift, for she sold the ring to a passing trader for a mere handful of coind and so the ring passed from recorded history.”

Last edited:

pstjmack

Validated User
Ignatz coughs drily. "I'm concerned about our three predecessors. Is there any clue as to the cause of their deaths? Any sign that, as my colleague here suggests, a trap was sprung and caught the three of them? I appreciate that the Sigillum, if genuine, could be a relic of almost unimaginable power, but we need to be able to retrieve it first."

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Slytherin
Validated User
Sister Palantine Helena Barova

Helena untangles her hands from the Aquila and thumbs through the dataslate. Her Diologus Training allows the elder sister to pick up a great deal of knowledge in a single reading. "Nyet, look at discovery report. Was sealed tomb chamber. Look at crenellations. Is right age for proper artifact. Canoness, suggestions for the ring, do we need reliquary to hide it from the unworthy on our return?"
“Observant as always Sister-Palatine.” The Reverend Mother replies. “It would be prudent to do so, yes. In fact, given the geometric design of the chamber, the numerous wards and the large veins of silver running through walls, we believe the entire site was built as a psychic nullifier.”

Top Bottom