• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IT Chapter 2] First trailer!

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
I couldn't watch that full screen it was so unnerving.

This looks amazing.

Toa

Freilanzer
Validated User
Hooo boy. Didn't expect to be excited for this, but that trailer just nails the atmosphere. I was positively surprised by the remake, so I'm looking forward to the second part.

Stork!

Wish I was a hippo.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I love the book so much and that trailer reinforces that I was right not to try the first movie. I absolutely cannot take horror movies and this seems too well done.

0Megabyte

Stardust Princeling
Validated User
I love the book so much and that trailer reinforces that I was right not to try the first movie. I absolutely cannot take horror movies and this seems too well done.
You had me in the first half of that post, I won't lie.

Anyway: My only complaint is what I've heard about their intentions towards the only black character in the entire movie. The director is on statement having decided to turn him into a drug addict, because...? Well, of course it's the black guy who is on drugs, after having his story transplanted onto one of the white characters in the previous movie.

This is a complaint, but not a "I won't see it" complaint. Just... the casual, unthinking racism annoys me.

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
I am so, so very onboard with this after that scene. The freezeface for like, ten seconds while the music played. That was deeply unsettling and wonderful. Less so the bit with the anthemic Movie Trailer Music, but there were still some delicious visuals.
Anyway: My only complaint is what I've heard about their intentions towards the only black character in the entire movie. The director is on statement having decided to turn him into a drug addict, because...? Well, of course it's the black guy who is on drugs, after having his story transplanted onto one of the white characters in the previous movie.

This is a complaint, but not a "I won't see it" complaint. Just... the casual, unthinking racism annoys me.
Sigh.

Well that's obnoxious.

Grumpygoat

Give a damn
Validated User

That's...seriously? I had the vague hope that they'd do right by the character after giving him short-shrift and using his book characterization for one of the white ones in the first movie, but, ugh.

Isator Levie

Validated User
Neat.

It would appear that Pennywise is stepping up his game against the adults, which I think will go over well. I find that the general consensus for tv series and book is that the half with the adults was the weaker, and I suspect that this one will find a more sophisticated way of facing them with an updated horror and mystery.

Top Bottom