• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

It's My Birthday! Give Me Planetary Romance Adventure Ideas!

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User
13) In the deep desert between the Grand Cities, something has arisen. No one knows what, but it is a tall thin butte by appearance - visible to all the great cities. Now it is a race to see this new wonder.

Last edited:

Commander Pulsar

Validated User
Go steal everything from Masters of Umdarr by Dave Joria for Fate Accelerated. I can totally get behind hacking Honor + Intrigue for the fencing, but the premise is sound: Sometime long before, the mysterious Demiurge seeded the land with relics both magical and technological (some both), and after that disappeared (I said mysterious, right?) some leaders seek these relics for good, some don't: the latter are called Masters (they're usually not very nice to their followers and subjects). The players are Archaeonauts in the service (probably) of one of the Lands of Light, seeking these relics out. There is magic, there is tech, there is tech that acts like magic, there are dinosaurs. Because "When in doubt: dinosaur." (This is a direct quote of the text.

We're playing Fate Accelerated with it and having a blast. My characters include:
  • CROMNAR! the barbarian -- "I wanna be like if Conan and Thundarr had a baby."
  • Magpie -- Rogue of the Raven people. She's in it for the shinies and the revenge: "[Bad Guy] murdered my murder, I will have vengeance."
  • Lily Valencia, Knight of the Lepus -- She's a rabbit person. And a knight. Well, paladin, really. Will super strong legs and a lazer spear, her signature move is Death from Above.
  • Hawk Hogan -- Champion of the Eagle people and friend to freedom. What'cha gonna do when HAWKAMANIA comes for you, brother?
  • Master Mantisaur -- part mantis, part salamander, all psychic. Basic powers include regenerating, alliteration, and mind taking.
so, yes. We are having a blast. Playing it, believe it or not, more seriously than some of the above might imply. "More Heavy Metal than Hanna Barberra," as CROMNAR!'s player put it. At any rate, lots of material worth stealing and making your own. And happy birthday!

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
15) You originally thought the "masters" the aliens with the ships had only brought you and your friends to the red planet. You hear rumors of other Pink Men. Perhaps you need to go see if it is true.

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
16) Giant Dinosaur Stampede

You know the kind of Dinosaur... the massive ones... the ones that could knock down the city walls if they bothered. A herd of those. They are heading this way.

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
17) Spring produced a bumper crop of floaters (airborn jellyfish/plant like things). They are just everywhere. So your airskiff is currently grounded, but you need to get somewhere fast. Do we risk it?

Last edited:

Kinetic Energy Weapon

flouveida
RPGnet Member
Validated User
This thread is full of win. Oh, and happy birthday!
Thanks! And yeah, it is.

I've got about two weeks now, I guesstimate, till we start. One of the players just had surgery. We've hashed out the characters, two transplanted modern earth people--an Indiana Jones-esque adventure-archaeologist and her grad student sidekick--and two locals, the captain and first mate of a flying boat. The captain takes after Robert DeNiro in Stardust.

The flying boats in the setting range from canoes up to something like a viking longship, or two of them in a catamaran style, held up by relic-tech anti-gravity devices no one really understands, beyond "stick some along the keel of your boat and it will float".

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The captain takes after Robert DeNiro in Stardust... held up by relic-tech anti-gravity devices no one really understands...
So every now and again, you must harvest lightning into "light jars". These are used for both illumination AND powering relic-tech. (oh cannons that shoot "blaster bolts" powered by this stuff too.) Thus you have an original reason for skyships.

Of course, your ship is now running low on power. You need to harvest lightning to recharge it. Unfortunately there are pirates in the area and you can't power the cannons. Plus this upcoming storm is a storm of the century... but if you don't go now, this boat is not going up anytime soon.

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
19) While going through an Ancient Starman ruin, you find a fresco that might show a location of another - currently unknown - Starman site. Untold riches and power, as well as possibly a gateway back to Earth, will be the reward for those brave enough to enter the place.

Top Bottom