• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

🎨 Creative It's My Birthday! Give me Sci-Fi (or Warhammer 40k) Plot Hooks!

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
As the title above. I could use the assistance! Aliens, weapons, events, worlds, all of it!

Certified

Validated User
War, war never changes. Go, kill things... for the emperor. Do you really need anything more?

Jokes aside, what is the campaign? Are you doing space marines, guardsmen, a rogue trader, a flavor or flavors or zeno? Each of those might have very different engagements.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
War, war never changes. Go, kill things... for the emperor. Do you really need anything more?

Jokes aside, what is the campaign? Are you doing space marines, guardsmen, a rogue trader, a flavor or flavors or zeno? Each of those might have very different engagements.
Rogue Trader, but I'll take anything really.

Certified

Validated User
As a collection of scoundrels and bottom feeders that only exist due to necessity for the Imperium may I recommend the following.

Inside the blighted tear, War has raged between the orks and Imperial forces for over a century. With the arrival of The Tau the engagement change significantly, and three planets were obliterated through exterminatus. The fighting has moved to a different part of the sector, leaving a trail of destruction in its wake. To one that would be so bold, there may be valuable salvage in the forgotten parts of the conflict zone. However be careful of landfall or space hulks that still maintain life support as it is very hard to completely remove an ork infestation. Why the fighting began is probably unimportant. What's interesting is the uncharacteristicly aggressively actions of the Tau, but I'm sure that won't be important.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
As a collection of scoundrels and bottom feeders that only exist due to necessity for the Imperium may I recommend the following.

Inside the blighted tear, War has raged between the orks and Imperial forces for over a century. With the arrival of The Tau the engagement change significantly, and three planets were obliterated through exterminatus. The fighting has moved to a different part of the sector, leaving a trail of destruction in its wake. To one that would be so bold, there may be valuable salvage in the forgotten parts of the conflict zone. However be careful of landfall or space hulks that still maintain life support as it is very hard to completely remove an ork infestation. Why the fighting began is probably unimportant. What's interesting is the uncharacteristically aggressively actions of the Tau, but I'm sure that won't be important.
Sounds cool.

Craig Oxbrow

Ah, y'know. This guy.
Validated User
Happy birthday!

Planet Of The Redacted

A failed planetary colony, abandoned centuries ago... with relics of one of those eras that has been expunged from the records. Recordings of unaugmented humans in Marine armour, Eldar technology stocked next to Imperial weapons, a vehicle designed for a... Squat?

How do you exploit this without getting hit with an Inquisition "cease and desist" order attached to an orbital bombardment?

Certified

Validated User
Sergeant Maxwell's Silver Hammer

The Fire Hawks suffered greatly during the Badab War, in so much as their very chapter house was lost to the Warp. A strange rift has opened along the eastern boarder of the Maelstrom vomiting forth what preliminary scans indicate are relics of the war. A transmission from an Imperial scout ship reports an asteroid housing a massive necropolis. Of course this scout ship was destroyed before it could complete its transmission. However, it did claim that the structure was marked by an ornate Thunder Hammer which matches the signature weapon of Sergeant John-Paul Maxwell, a relic both the Fire Hawks and Legion of the Damned would prize. Unfortunately, due to the wounds received in the war the Hawks are in no position to retrieve their lost brothers of his relic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom