[It's my birthday] - hit me with fun/intersting/cool ideas for Delta Green

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
You could easily do a whole DG campaign with Park Rangers in one of the big US National Parks like Yellowstone or Yosemite.

You're the only Rangers in the know about a huge range of terrible, dangerous stuff. Your area of responsibility is vast and dangerous without the Mythos.

And it's full of tourists.

I think it would make a great campaign.

Daistallia

Who will be eaten first?
Validated User
Providing you can stop the players quoting 'Yogi Bear' cartoons all the time :)
Hmmm...

Tourists have been reporting seeing Yogi bear. It's been treated as a joke. Until they start dissapearing. S Cell has to investigate (and of course, that means someone has to play Ranger Smith).

They discover that Yogi is actually one of Nyarlathotep's forms...

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Hmmm...

Tourists have been reporting seeing Yogi bear. It's been treated as a joke. Until they start dissapearing. S Cell has to investigate (and of course, that means someone has to play Ranger Smith).

They discover that Yogi is actually one of Nyarlathotep's forms...
It opened the basket. It opened the basket! There was something inside and ...... (Trails off, screaming and laughing)

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Providing you can stop the players quoting 'Yogi Bear' cartoons all the time :)
In Bureau 13 Games, Agent Green is a goopy "slimer" green chemical that some agency has decided to store in various semi-hidden depots around the country. (Yes, it has anti-ectomorphic properties and can do some other weird stuff.). However, once these 50 gallon drums begin to rust out, Agent Green gets into the water table. Wildlife and small children (due to length of exposure as the depots tend to be "out of the way" or "in state/federal parks") and children (again, due to size) begin to be affected. Agent Green links the minds of all affected, creating a telepathic mass mind and increasing intelligence of all participents. More than one team have been held hostage by a pack of squirrels holding matches who either surrounded them with gasoline or explosives. Also a group of rats can clean a human carcass and carry away the bones in under fifteen minutes. On a personal note, nothing is worse than a few hundred/ thousand wolf spiders working together. All of these become nightmare fuel. Luckily for most agents, the larger animals like Bears and Moose tend to be the last affected. And of course the kids, if any live in the area, tend to get all Children of the Corn (Thus high power psionics.) The mass mind tends to be environmentally minded and really only gets dangerous when people are either trying to destroy it or destroy the local ecology through development. Most mass minds tend to be friendly and rational, sometimes they get a bit irrational and want to advance. More Davy Crockets have been used against them than another other gente of creatures. (Insert some mythos reason behind this to make it more Delta Green).

Nobody thinks animals are a joke after a run in or two with these things.

Agent Green was stashed around the country by some black op agency/ program that has either been dispersed, eliminated, or absorbed into other agencies. Thus, nobody actively knows about this stuff, what it is used for, and who put it there.

Last edited:

csyphrett

Validated User
The FBI estimates that there is a hundred serial killers active in the United States at any one time. But what if they are wrong. What if all the unsolved murders in certain areas of the country were really committed by one man, or maybe one family.

So a huge chain of killings with a hidden sign close to them could be a slow calling of an ancient menace beyond the stars, or it could be someone killing cultists before they can complete the ritual.

CES

DarkMoc

Validated User
You could easily do a whole DG campaign with Park Rangers in one of the big US National Parks like Yellowstone or Yosemite.

You're the only Rangers in the know about a huge range of terrible, dangerous stuff. Your area of responsibility is vast and dangerous without the Mythos.

And it's full of tourists.

I think it would make a great campaign.
For people who want to do this, the ten largest parks outside Alaska are (in order) Death Valley, Yellowstone, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Glacier, Olympic, Big Bend, Joshua Tree, Yosemite, and Isle Royale.

Also interesting could be using the new smallest national park - could everyone please stop trying to open portals at the Gateway Arch?

Daistallia

Who will be eaten first?
Validated User
Yellowstone is pretty horrific all by itself. Lee Whittlesey's Death in Yellowstone: Accidents and Foolhardiness in the First National Park is a great read and covers all the recorded non-mundane deaths (meaning excepting heart attacks, car accidents, and the like). My favorite was the chapter of the hot springs. SHUDDER!

There's also the great hook of the so called "zone of death", a legal loophole/technicality. Basically, due to a combination of a 6th amendment stipulation and the way the federal court district is set up, there's a 50 sq mi section of the park in Idaho where there's no population to allow a federal jury to be convened and supposedly one can get away with murder.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robina...rt-of-yellowstone-national-park/#44e6144afaaa

Top Bottom