• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

ğŸŽ¨ Creative It's my girlfriend's birthday! I'd like 101 angels!

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User
33) Deckiael - aka The Machine aka The Delivery Knock

There was a Very Smart Man. He had an idea. It was a worthy idea. Of course the idea was corrupted slightly, but the idea sung with harmony of the symphony - so it was good.

He wanted to monitor things. He wanted to take in enough data and spit out possible dangers in the world. It was a noble cause. Slightly less noble men provided him the resources and access. They wanted to do some good, just not as much as my Very Smart Man. He wanted to make a machine that could predict the next bar in the symphony... a machine to predict the future.

Of course he can not do that. No matter how smart or big it is, something without a soul never could do it. But he does not know that. Nor do the people who paid him to make it.

He did make some code that was complicated enough to sound like a baby angel speaking Enochian. It said one thing. "Awareness of the World" (which is a one symbol word in Enochian).

That got my attention. He wants to do good, more good than the people who hired him to make that monstrosity.

So I …. Help. First with a whisper to him..."Backdoor".

The machine he made marches on. The machine spits its statistical data out and keeps the somewhat good men and their status quo in things to investigate.

So I ... help some more. Every day in fact.

I see where the symphony of existence could use some reinforcement… something that even mortals could do.

I provide him some numbers. He thinks it the machine via its back door. I let him think that.

He uses the broken people around him and does great work.

I occasionally bend the rules of reality for them to help out, but not very often. I often do it with the machines, allowing him to do "magic" or things that are really impossible but just close enough that... well he is a Very Smart Man.

I approve. As long as I don't get caught by my superiors, they will be my hands in the Earth to do something needed.

Here are some plots that could be useful with this.

Besides, it is better than printing out a copy of tomorrow's Edition of the paper and delivering it. The numbers ensures they follow the things that really need to be done.

The Angel behind Person of Interest, and a couple of other shows.

Last edited:

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Could we be having a problem with creating these because we are looking for heroic angels? Angels on the PC's side?

It seems a trend in fiction that Angels are.... "dicks". Pains in the asses. Possibly even the enemy of the Earth, from those that are living on its point of view. (Supernatural (The TV Show) takes up this banner and runs with it... Lucifer (The TV Show) shows us that Heaven is the universe's most dysfunctional family... )

After all, Angels are doing what God needs to be done (or following those vague dirrectives). What is "good" for the universe/ multiverse, might not be "good" for humanity. (Every play or read the game Brave New World? Cool game with a very mystic subplot if you pull the Bargainers supplement.)

Or maybe the Angels are just done with Humanity- they are given the most precious thing - free will - and they squander it, losing their chance at immortality.

There is a discussion about that "here"

Perhaps, we need to shift our view of things...

Last edited:

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
34)Gabriel Earthwalker:
An incarnation of the Archangel Gabriel who can channel the "Light of Heaven" to Heal/Buff his allies and Harm/debuff his enemies. He looks like a tall muscular blond guy with blue eyes and shoulder length hair. He can fly and when doing so brilliant white feathered wings appar to spread form his back but aren't physical, so can't be harmed/bound, nor can affect things. He chose to "come to earth" to be a superhero. His "mild mannered alter-ego" works as now more popular dojo as an asst to the Dojo's owner/master. His boss knows who is a superhero as gabe isn't paranoid or stupid, and do to the influx of students Gabe doesn't realize he has brought in, gives him a lot of slack(The angel does care about the Dojo succeeding, and works hard not to be late or let his superheroing screw it over).

Last edited:

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
Could we be having a problem with creating these because we are looking for heroic angels? Angels on the PC's side?
Pfft, did anyone even pay attention to the OP's "no fallen" request?

Here is another idea for superhero angel, loosely inspired by a malakite/seraph Servant of Michael in In Nomine:
35) The Huntsman:
Looks like your average fit teenager(attractive to those who like that type, but not supernaturally so). His has a normal set of powers, physical enhancement(not quite superhuman strength or speed but very high up there), a good fighter, able to see with almost no light, keen senses, and superhuman willpower. Has a powerful though not instantaneous healing factor. Can also summon and dispel from his hands an indestructible spear he calls dawnbreaker. All attempts to take him by surprise have failed, so far.
He also has more esoteric set of abilities. He can track anyone he has fought flawlessly, shut down any argument with a simple NO, detect when someone is lying even if they believe the lie, perceive right through illusions and destroy anybeing attempting to possess him.
He is used to working with a team and quite willing to work with other Supers and show mercy to even quite vile beings.
I want to say his name is Michael Lord but I am flexible....

Last edited:

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
36) Nobody said the Angels had to be Earth Angels.... So yes, another "Super Hero"

The Lone Light

Over the spinning of the galaxies, species come and go. Their celestials and supernaturals go with them. Actually the Celestials just get "reassigned" to another part of the tapestry of creation. They may weep over the loss of their charges, but they move on to their eternal existance. However, they as always, obey The Will.

Well all but one. His care species was wiped out by Transtellar Raiders and War. Nothing even of their own making.

That one said, "Never again".

Diminished by no longer following the direct Will, (yet not fallen, nor depowered completely), The being now known as The Lone Light is still one of the most powerful beings travelling the Galaxies. It naturally knows "the way of things" and when the verse is out of balance. It knows probabilities like a simulation machine. It has only the Power Cosmic, rather than the ability to weave reality. (Of course it is nearly invulnerable, able to survive in any environment, able to quantum and focus energies, and even create matter as needed.)

While The Lone Light can not be everywhere, it can be in "The right places". No more. No more genocide. No more random destruction of lifebearing world. No more loss of innocents in a transtellar war. He is the bane of all transtellar raiders, pirates, and vikings.

As heroes go, The Lone light is quite harsh. No mercy is given to those that trangress. The Lone Light is also known for doing a lot of additional damage to those that are willing to support them (fuel dealers that sell to pirates) or simply not stop them. "Judgement is given!" is the phrase most often heard/felt.

In appearance, it is a combination of the Lighted Winged Beings of Legend and the Thallan, the simple humanoids with an orange complexion and large kale green eyes. Note: there are no living Thallans, as the three that were off planet when it ecology was destroyed were all males and did not use synthetic means to continue the species.
Still, The Lone Light could come to Earth. After all, many aliens (criminals) might be hiding here... just enough technology to be okay, but not enough to be a danger (or realize aliens exist). Thus he could be an urban fantasy angel.... (when your urban fantasy moves a bit towards the supers.)

Last edited:

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
37) Keedel - Angel of the Flat Tire/ Ill timed repair/ lost replacement parts

Angels are always about "just the right place, at just the right time". They see the pattern of time and the flow of the symphony of fate. Humanity always follows the grander themes, but often fails in the subtle notes. Angels, when they can, keep trying to nudge Humanity (or at least specific Humans) to be in the right place at the right time to make the change.

Keedel actually has this as his assignment. Keedel really does not have a word, but he has a favorite technique. Everyone is often busy and have to travel (and oops that flight is overbooked... maybe you can drive to the connector?), need to drive to blow off some steam, or just seem to take a shortcut that does not lead where they think it leads. That person has a flat tire or another kind of car incident. They find themselves in the right place at the right time. They may rescue someone, they may experience a change of heart, they may find true love, they could even be the point of change for someone else. Keedels job is to get them there and temporarily hold them their - and then leave it up to "the social workers" or just plain chance.

So if it seems that the car event was "just too well planned" and it feels like the GM is railroading you... it wasn't him, it was an NPC who did it. Yes, that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Plus if you are in an UF game, you can actually sense that the tire was "evented" and not in a malevolent way.

Actually, I think he might be the Angel of Beneovlent Delay

Last edited:

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
38) From 101 things for angels to do in an Urban Fantasy/ mild Horror setting

24) Evangeline: Some children are rather lonely and sad. Maybe they're top of their class and all of the other children are resentful or embarrassed. Maybe they're so shy they're invisible to most kids their age. Or they've lost the energy they used to power their artistic talent. Or maybe something else, the world is rather big. Then their parents decide to adopt. A week or so later, the child arrives. She's around 11 or 12 in appearance. She's very shy, but a nice girl. She doesn't know quite how to cook (she's not very old after all) but she likes pancakes. She loves shopping, especially for dresses.

But the really wonderful thing about her?

She inspires people. Sometimes with words, saying just the right things to the invisible to let them realize that maybe they aren't the only ones who don't get seen. Let them see how to make friends in other ways and places. Maybe she even gifts them a music box, with a beautiful tune that pierces even the strongest writer's block. And then she's gone.

Disappeared. The dresses they bought together? Gone. The child's parents? They were away on business anyway, but they still don't remember adoption papers or anything like that. It's like they never existed.

But the inspiration is still there. And it never dies again.

This is from a play one of my friends wrote, and I knew that I had to adapt it for this. Hope you enjoyed the story, and that you find some way to use it.

Top Bottom