• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

It's not like I made this General Anime Thread for you, alright?.. Baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit Éclair

high in vital bunnytonium
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Watched Kokoro Connect up through episode 3 last night. Getting a victim of an attempted rape over her fear of men in five minutes by giving her a firsthand demonstration of what it feels like to be kicked in the crotch... certainly is a thing that happened.

Shay Guy

Validated User
Watched Kokoro Connect up through episode 3 last night. Getting a victim of an attempted rape over her fear of men in five minutes by giving her a firsthand demonstration of what it feels like to be kicked in the crotch... certainly is a thing that happened.
I just like the fact that the sentence "He kicked her in his crotch" is completely accurate, despite making no sense under most circumstances.

ru

temporary avatar
RPGnet Member
Validated User
it does seem a bit hokey, but makes sense a bit more narrowly - he's specifically addressing her anxiety about being able to fight a man off. it doesn't make her fear/trauma go away, but does help her to deal with it.

Rabbit Éclair

high in vital bunnytonium
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Dick-punting therapy aside, it's a fun show so far. And further convinces me that 'when a guy gets transformed/bodyswapped into a female, the first thing he will do is a boobgrope' is a law of physics more immutable than entropy.

Axiomatic

I mix a coat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
A lot of people complained about it being "forced drama" but I've always felt that if you can't handle THAT, you really shouldn't be watching anime.

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
A lot of people complained about it being "forced drama" but I've always felt that if you can't handle THAT, you really shouldn't be watching anime.
I lost interest during the 2nd arc. The body swapping was interesting, but I found the next thing tedious.

KoboldLord

Validated User
And further convinces me that 'when a guy gets transformed/bodyswapped into a female, the first thing he will do is a boobgrope' is a law of physics more immutable than entropy.
I don't know, it kind of makes sense to do that. When I wake up because there's a cat on my chest, I always reach up and grab the cat before I'm fully aware of what's causing the pressure. And anime boobs are generally much bigger than any of my cats.

q_3

Ge.
Validated User
I started watching Heartcatch Precure and, wow, another thing that Madoka was riffing on in very interesting ways. Also, the incongruity between Cure Moonlight, Dark Cure, and the rest of the cast is kind of hilarious. I'm pretty sure they're not actually from the same show, kind of like if Alucard and Alexander Anderson wandered on to the set of Dragonball and started stabbing and shooting each other to death.

Wolfwood2

Validated User
To the show's credit, I don't think it really implies she's "over it" in any complete or final sense. Hell, I think talking about it to him helped her more than the crotch kick. It's a moment of progress.

It's a dilemma that all fiction has to deal with when it comes to characters overcoming trauma. If a characters gets over a traumatic experience in one big moment, it feels false to anyone who has actually dealt with a trauma. On the other hand, moments are all that fiction can really show you. Until they're going to training montage therapy sessions... or worse, montage individual moments of reflection (because not everyone does formalized therapy), they can't really show a recovery process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom