• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIR] Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon Thread 12)

sun_tzu

Validated User
That's awesome. :D
Let's see, to what extent do other planets much their...
Oh.
Sorry, Setsuna.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
That's awesome. :D
Let's see, to what extent do other planets much their...
Oh.
Sorry, Setsuna.
Perhaps she could rename herself to Sailor Oort, or Sailor Kuiper. There are millions of her out there, and we never knew. Ice cold, they have been watching and waiting all this time, too many to count, too many to name, everywhere and nowhere. Pluto was just the mask we first knew her by…

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Act #4: Masquerade Dance Party

Luna: "Has anyone noticed yet that we're just cut-and-pasting the recaps from the appropriate first season episodes?"
Usagi: "There are SOME new lines!"

Recap
"Once upon a time there were three beautiful girls who went to junior high school, and they were each assigned very boring duties. But I took them away from all that and now they work for me. My name is Luna."

The Secret Base Under Crown Arcade Center
Luna: "I could leave Usagi alone for a day to check out this Mamoru Chiba character. Hit up his school, find his file, verify his home address, maybe do a little B&E. Yeah, that sounds like a plan."
Luna: "Or I could just hang around Usagi and see if any plot points are sucked into her personal coincidence field."
Luna: "Which plan is easier?"
Usagi: "OMG I'M LATE FOR SCHOOL!"
Luna: /boneless cat. "Carry me?"

Tsukino Residence
Coffee and the morning paper.

Mom: "Oh boy! Usa—I MEAN Sailor Moon-chan has solved another case!"
Mom: /secures clipping for her scrapbook.
Mom: "Hmm, it also says here that Princess D of the Kingdom of D is revealing the mysterious D Jewel to the D, I mean, Japanese public. Cool."
Mom: "…"
Mom: /secures that clipping, too. "Just a hunch."
Usagi: /STORMS OUT THE DOOR. "LAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!"
Mom: "Honey, wait! You dropped your mask!"
Usagi: "Oh, right! I need that for the recap!"
Luna: "No you don't! We're in compilation, no more recaps!"

Usagi Is Late To School
…but so is the teacher, so it's okay.

Usagi: "Boy, I hope my mom doesn't suspect anything, what with me carrying a mask and a cat around and all."
Luna: "I'm sure she won't notice a couple of slip-ups, but be more careful. Maintaining a secret identity is absolutely vital."
Naru: "Did your cat just talk?"
Luna and Usagi: "NO!"
Naru: "Just checking. Say, did you hear the news? Tonight is the night of a fancy embassy ball in which Princess D of the Kingdom of D is visiting Japan and being introduced to society! And she'll be revealing the Secret Treasure of the Kingdom of D, which has never before been shown to the public!"
Luna: "Umino must be late, too."
Naru: "He asked me to fill in for him."
Usagi: "I don't remember any 'Diamond Kingdom' in geography class."
Naru: "That's no surprise, considering your grades."
Usagi: "That's a very good point."

Usagi Is Late To The Arcade
Luna: "Ami, I hate to ask, but could you start tutoring Usagi so that she doesn't get detention on a save-the-world day?"
Ami: /chirps. "Sure! Sounds like fun!"
Rei: /flips hair. "Hmph! Why must I to spend my valuable time helping you people? I-it is not as if I like saving the world!"
Usagi: /swoon.
Rei: /embarrassed. "Play thou some video games!"
Usagi: /salutes, and does so.
Rei: "And anyway, I have many questions for thee, black cat!"
Luna: "We already did an interrogation scene."
Rei: "Out of order! It doesn't count. And I wasn't present."
Luna: "Okay, fine, I'll level with you both: I don't know shit, I'm working off of hunches and educated guesses. HIGHLY educated guesses."
Ami: "So, our job is to kill the baddies?"
Luna: "NO! It's only extremely helpful."
Rei: "Our task is to find this Princess?"
Luna: "Bingo!"
Ami: "So SHE can kill the baddies?"
Luna: "I don't make policy decisions."
Ami: /pouts.
Rei: "So this Princess has the Legendary Silver Crystal?"
Luna: "Exactly, I think, maybe, probably. But she and it are under magical seal. If my information is correct, then once all the Guardians are gathered, the seal will lift, and your memories will return."
Rei: "And thine, as well, since it seems thou art also under seal."
Luna: "Good guess."
Ami: /raises hand. "What if your information is wrong?"
Luna: "Then we'll make up some shit and go to town."
Ami: "Awesome."
Rei: "Well, I SUPPOSE I can help you out A LITTLE. When I have not anything BETTER to do."
Ami: /thinks a moment. "…So what's better than saving the world?"
Rei: /huffs indignantly!

Soliloquy
Luna: "But what I have not told them, is my concerns and my hopes regarding Usagi. For I believe that Fate would have led me to the most important member of the team first—that the first Sailor I found would be destined to become the team leader!"
Luna: "…And the future team leader is currently sitting on her ass playing video games! GRAARGH! Dammit, Fate! What am I supposed to do with these lemons?"
Motoki: "Awww, don't complain too much, cat. Having Usagi and her gorgeous friends around classes up the joint!"
Motoki: /pets Usagi on the head, by way of thanks.
Usagi: /purrrrrs.
Luna: /jealously climbs on Usagi's head, to block unauthorized touching attempts.
Motoki: /laughs, and lets them both be.
Usagi: "So, Luna, why haven't you told us yet that we have to investigate this Princess D clue?"
Luna: "We DO have to investigate this Princess D clue!"
Motoki: "Oh, cool, a princess? Is she coming here? Too many of my customers are sweaty otaku."
Umino: /appears out of nowhere. "You rang?"
Everyone: "GAH!" (Rei: "'Sooth!")
Umino: "I just happen to have a poster-sized picture of Princess D right here!"
Luna: "…why?"
Ami: "Naru's gonna kill you."

The Princess looks uncomfortably like Umino in drag, bottle glasses and all.

Rei: "Gods preserve us."
Ami: "She's not THAT bad."
Usagi: "Oh, I wish I could go to the pretty ball and wear a pretty dress and dance with all the pretty boys and girls!"
Rei: "I would advise against it. I have a bad feeling about this incident: you will meet with nothing good there."

An eerie wind blows through the Arcade.

Motoki: "…By the way, I'm not sure if you noticed, but your cat's been talking in front of us all this time."
Luna: "No I haven't!"
Umino: "Yeah, you should probably be a little more careful."
Luna: "Sh-shut up!"

Jadeite's Wake
Nephrite's the last one left, completely plastered. He sobs over the empty casket.

Nephrite: "You were great, man, one of the BEST. You were one of us, man. It's not fair! Buncha little Sailor girls. 'S not fair. But I'll bring you back, man! I'll find the Legen- Lej- that Crystal, whatever it is, and re-sur-rect you, I promise, and we'll all be friends again. Friends…"

Queen Beryl is watching all this on her crystal ball.

Queen Beryl: /uwheeheeheeheehurhurgigglesnortguffaw!
Queen Beryl: /totally did not encourage Nephrite in this, honest.

Tsukino Residence
Usagi: "Hey, Dad, what's with the tux?"
Dad: "I'm off to the Embassy Ball!"
Usagi: "NO FAIR. You're not taking me? You're not taking Mom?"
Dad: "Remember, I'm a television reporter—"
Luna: "Oh, so THAT'S what he does!"
Dad: "—so I'm there as part of the press corps. See you tomorrow morning!"

Usagi: "Hey, Luna, I've got a cunning plan."
Luna: "Those words would fill me with dread, but I'm encouraged that you're displaying initiative."
Usagi: /disguise pen. "MAKE ME A PRETTY PRINCESS!"

STARKLY ZIPTONE TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE COUNTER:
  • Usagi into Sailor Moon: 3
    • Usagi into someone else: 3
  • Ami into Sailor Mercury: 1
  • Rei into Sailor Mars: 1

And So: At the Embassy Ball
Usagi swishes in, looking a few years older, wearing a strapless, hip-hugging dress with flouncy skirts and long gloves and…

Rei: /DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNGGGGGGG
Ami: /reaches over and shuts Rei's gaping mouth for her.

Rei and Ami get to come, too, as part of her entourage.

Rei: "Prithee, how are we to find anyone when it is a masquerade ball?"
Ami: "I dunno, scope about for unusual activity, I guess."
Usagi: /is already fluttering about the dance floor and getting drinks spilled on her.
Rei: "Apart from the obvious."
Ami: "I think we can agree that this is merely the usual unusual activity."
Usagi's Dad: "Gee, that woman looks just like Usagi. I wonder if Usagi will be that beautiful when she grows up?"

But After A While
Usagi realizes she's gotten lost in the crowd.

Usagi: "…A party's no fun without anyone you know."
Tuxedo Mask: "May I have this dance?"
Usagi: !

He sweeps her off her feet.

…and perhaps he is just a little swept, as well.

Usagi: "It's funny… I was hoping I'd meet you here, now."
Tuxedo Mask: /seriously. "I as well."
Luna: /calls from off-screen. "There you are!"
Tuxedo Mask: /disappears.
Luna: /walking in. "So, we checked out the princess, and she is definitely not ours, but there's still the jewel to— What's the matter?"
Usagi: :( "Nothing."

In the Back
Princess D: "Gawd, I'm so ugly, they had to announce this Secret Treasure thing just to get anyone to show up. I hate my life."
The Princess's Red-Headed Translator: "Yes, yes, you are useless! Worthless! LET YOUR HATE FILL YOU!" /possesses Princess D.
Princess D: /cackles maniacally and steals the treasure.

In the Ballroom
Luna: "The Princess has flipped her wig and is trying to jump off the balcony!"
Usagi: "Don't do it! You have so much to live for!"
Usagi: /without hesitation, dives and tackles the Princess to save her!
Luna: "omg YES!"
UsagI: /…and inadvertantly tumbles off the balcony herself.
Luna: /facepaw.
Tuxedo Mask: /daring last-minute SAVE!

At That Precise Moment
Usagi's gizmophone goes off.

Usagi: "…I'm a little busy right now."
Tuxedo Mask: /trying to hang on. "…oof, you're heavier than I thought you'd be…"
Ami: (via gizmophone): "Rei says that the Princess is obviously possessed—!"
Usagi: "Really, can I call you back?"
Ami (via gizmophone): "—and now she's making some speech about killing us all and—"
Tuxedo Mask: "…can't… hold on… much…"
Usagi: "THIS IS A REALLY BAD TIME! I'M IN THE CHECKOUT LINE!"
Luna (via gizmophone): /muffled shouting.
Ami: (via gizmophone) "—and now… oh, and Luna says hi. And… what?"
Usagi: "…"
Tuxedo Mask: /tumbles over the balcony too…
Ami (via gizmophone): "—and something about your magic pen?"
Usagi: /grabs her pen and pushes a button at random.

MAGIC PARASOL MODE ACTIVATED!

The two of them tumble gently to Earth in a rustle of skirts and cape.

Tuxedo Mask: "That was awesome."
Usagi: "Er… thanks!"

EXEUNT Tuxedo Mask, dramatically, with swirl of cape!

Usagi: "…why is he running away? Wah!"

STARKLY ZIPTONE TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE COUNTER:
  • Usagi into Sailor Moon: 4
    • Usagi into someone else: 3
  • Ami into Sailor Mercury: 1
  • Rei into Sailor Mars: 1

Usagi's player: "Grabbing my tiara, I quickly—"
Rei's player: "Wait, wait. Your tiara disintegrated when we fried Jadeite, remember?"
Usagi's player: "What? But it's on my character sheet!"
Rei's player: "It burned, baby! It's not there no more!"
Usagi's player: "BUT IT'S ON MY CHARACTER SHEET!"
Ami's player: "Well, it's magic, right? It can come back somehow."
Rei's player: "How? I burned it, six dice, fire damage, right there!"
GM: "Well, it's marked with the 'Love' power source. Is Usagi in love?"
Usagi's player: "Hell, yes, she's in love!"
GM: "Okay, then you feel a warm sensation, just like when Tuxedo Mask was holding you, and then it reappears upon your brow, just as it was before."
Usagi's player: "Kewl."
Rei's player: "…So, like, things that are on the character sheet can't be destroyed? This breaks my immersion! Lame! I could eat my crows every day and save on rations—"
GM: "Yeah, but you wouldn't, it's not in-character."
Rei's player: "Maybe it is!"
Mamoru's player: "Signature gear can be permanently lost, but it requires a significant plot element—GM effect points…"
Rei's player: "But—"
Usagi's player: "Actually, I was planning to upgrade the tiara anyway, so maybe we can just spend those points to do that?"
Rei: "Well then why didn't you SAY so before?!"
Ami's player: "Can we get on with the fight scene, please?"
Rei's player: "All right, all right. I just want it on the record that I think this is silly."
GM: "Your objection is noted. Okay, so Usagi runs into the room—"

Battle is Joined!
Usagi: "Where's the monster?"
Rei: /points as the swirling black shadow of hate that surrounds Princess D.
SBSoH: /grins evilly.
Usagi: "Oh."

Rei leaps up on a table and banishes the shadow!

SBSoH: /chuckles malevolently.

…ATTEMPTS to banish the shadow, and fails.

Rei: "Ack! No fair!"

Tuxedo Mask bursts in, dramatically!

Tuxedo Mask: "Darkness must be opposed by light!"
Usagi: "Why did you even leave if you were just going to—?"
Luna: "SAILOR MOON! Use your new tiara!"
Usagi: "Okay, okay! MOON TWILIGHT FLASH!"

Sailor Moon's old tiara was a simple metal band with a single gem upon the brow. The new one is made of woven rings, and the forehead gem is surrounded by tiny pearls. It's bling as heck.

She grabs the central gem, and angles her head, somehow, to reflect the Moon's light through the window. The beam shreds the evil shadow with a disturbing hiss and shriek.

Back in the Dark Kingdom
Crystal Ball: /SIGNAL LOST
Nephrite: "Frell!"

Aftermath
Ball Guests, Bodyguards, Members of the Press, etc.: "Wha' happen—?"
Usagi: "If I keep upgrading my tiara, do I get even more gems?"
Rei: "Thy head will fall off from the weight."
Ami: "Look! Princess D's glasses have fallen off! …and she's cute!"
Usagi: "Does that mean that Umino might actually be a hottie if he takes HIS glasses off?"
Ami: "I wouldn't want to get in the way of the competition."
Usagi: "There's competition for UMINO?"
Rei: "Pray, who is Umino?"

The Big Reveal
Lord Chamberlain of the Kingdom of D: "Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present our Secret Treasure: a 2,000-karet diamond statue of the Kingdom's first princess!"

Almost no one is paying any attention.

Lord Chamberlain: "Anyone? Does anyone want to see—?"

Lord Chamberlain realizes that everyone else is far too distracted by the aftermath of the monster attack, the loitering Sailor Warriors, and the revelation that Princess D is actually pretty to pay any attention to the display.

Except one cat.

Lord Chamberlain: "What about you, Miss Cat? What do you think of our exhibit?"
Luna: "What a fucking waste of time!"

Denouement
Usagi: "I'm exhausted. Time for some juice."
Usagi: /drinks. "…That's not juice."
Usagi: /drinks s'more. "…nice buzz, though…"
Usagi: /waves a little.
Tuxedo Mask: /helps her outside.
Usagi: /crawls into his lap and makes herself comfortable .
Tuxedo Mask: /blushes…
Tuxedo Mask: /looks at her seriously…
Tuxedo Mask: /proves he is no gentleman.

Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask both realize that they have felt this feeling before, and yearn to feel it again.

Suddenly!
Luna: "HEY! Get off of her!"
Tuxedo Mask: "…"
Luna: "I want some answers, bud! Who are you? Why do you keep showing up in our business? What are you to her?"
Tuxedo Mask: /gently lays Usagi down to sleep.
Tuxedo Mask: "I, too, seek the Legendary Silver Crystal."
Luna: "Then whose side does that put you on?"
Tuxedo Mask: "Who can tell? Since we're both after the same thing, that may mean that I could be your enemy."

Lightning flashes dramatically. Tuxedo Mask smirks sadly at Luna, then departs.

Luna: "…"

Elsewhere
Rain begins to fall. Lightning crackles around Tokyo Radio Tower. And a strong young woman running home looks up into the clouds and frowns.

Makoto: /dramatically. "I sense a storm is coming."
Some guy in a rain-soaked slicker: /dryly. "Well, duh."

Elsewhere Elsewhere
Phobos: "So what did the boss mean by saying Usagi would meet with nothing good at that ball? The princess was all right, and kissing a hunky guy is pretty good if you swing that way."
Deimos: "Maybe Rei-sama meant nothing good for HER. Maybe she doesn't like that mask guy musclin' his way in."
Phobos: "What? What does that blonde piece have that we ain't got?"
Rei: /picks them up them by their necks. "For one thing, Miss Usagi likely has a place to spend the night out of the rain."
Phobos & Deimos: !

ChaosWolf

Retired User
Still can't really figure out why Rei is talking in a mockery of Ye Olde Englishe... anyone care to fill me in? Apparently I missed something.

:)
Mina: :D "Uranus is so tight, she sh—"
Artemis: "Stop."
...you just KNOW Minako's been hanging onto that one and WAITING for the perfect opportunity.
Why do you hate fun, Artemis?

Heck, I get the feeling as soon as she learned the English pronunciation of Haruka's patron planet and the wordplays therein, she started up a whole list of jokes she could make, and is waiting for the chance to use them, just because Mina Is A Giant Troll and she finds it hilarious seeing the elegant and more-mature-acting Outers try not to show how annoyed they are by it all.

Last edited:

Edvarius

Validated User
Rei: "Well, I SUPPOSE I can help you out A LITTLE. When I have not anything BETTER to do."
Ami: /thinks a moment. "…So what's better than saving the world?"
Rei: /huffs indignantly!
Poor Rei, it's hard to be properly tsundere about some things.
Mom: "Oh boy! Usa—I MEAN Sailor Moon-chan has solved another case!"
Mom: /secures clipping for her scrapbook.
Mom: "Hmm, it also says here that Princess D of the Kingdom of D is revealing the mysterious D Jewel to the D, I mean, Japanese public. Cool."
Mom: "…"
Mom: /secures that clipping, too. "Just a hunch."
Usagi: /STORMS OUT THE DOOR. "LAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!"
Mom: "Honey, wait! You dropped your mask!"
Heh, this has me imagining all of the potential embarrassments a young superhero could face from parents.

Mom: Now make sure you give a nice big smile when the news crews arrive.
Usagi: I know, Mom.
Mom: And make sure you call me on your gizmophone if you're going to be out fighting evil so I can come up with excuses for your teacher.
Usagi: I know, Mom.
Mom: And it's going to be cold out, so if any monsters attack I want you to make sure to wear a warm coat and pants with your costume.
Usagi: Moooooom...
Mom: Oh yes, and I picked up these little pads for you and your friends in case the villains are a little extra scary.
Usagi: /looks for a rock to crawl under.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Still can't really figure out why Rei is talking in a mockery of Ye Olde Englishe... anyone care to fill me in? Apparently I missed something.
At least in the couple of volumes I've read, manga Rei is a lot less fiesty hothead and a lot more Proper Samurai Lady. She does have fire, but she keeps it banked most of the time. (Both Usagi and battle can make her temper come out, but even then she trends more towards Paladin's Rebuke rather than Charisma Break.)

So I decided to have her talk like Sir Frog instead of PFC Vasquez. (With the exception that I at least make an effort to use thou/thy/thee/thine properly.)

RoadsOfShadow

Validated User
At least in the couple of volumes I've read, manga Rei is a lot less fiesty hothead and a lot more Proper Samurai Lady. She does have fire, but she keeps it banked most of the time. (Both Usagi and battle can make her temper come out, but even then she trends more towards Paladin's Rebuke rather than Charisma Break.)

So I decided to have her talk like Sir Frog instead of PFC Vasquez. (With the exception that I at least make an effort to use thou/thy/thee/thine properly.)
In much the same manner that this Luna is behaving more liked a Burned spy crossed with a Jet.* But yes, this Rei has some differences from the anime's. Apart from the personality difference, she seems more isolated, a tad less grounded in the world and has (so far) not shown that absolute dedication to excellence we know so well. It might just be an artifact of less exposure so far, but she seems a little more distant from much of the 'normal' world. Usagi too come to think of it, its looks like its just Naru at school, her family is still, well her family, but the pacing is so tight we don't ever see them. Ami seems to change the least, but I think she might be a hair less hyper-focused on her goals. but again, that might be an artifact of pacing. Then again, I'm as yet unconvinced that their lives aren't that fast passed too.

On an unrelated note, I'm convinced that Kingdom D is a dark and foul empire built on literal Blood Diamonds and uses foul powers to bind there souls into the perfect diamond reflections of their old bodily form. No actual reason other than the presence of a lineage of dread mages who use the metaphysical worth of Diamond to further their nefarious dead would fit so perfectly I would not even bat an eye. The fact that I once spent a little to long learning about the diamond trade has nothing to do with. At all.

*I frequently have West Side Story on the brain, my apologies for the confusion, but "Be Cool" is on repeat in my head more often than I like to admit... And well, I can't be the only one to think that Luna's current mantra, can I?

Top Bottom