• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIR] Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon Thread 12)

Shay Guy

Validated User
Re: Act #2: Ami, Sailor Mercury.

W00t! It's back, and I've got the index and JS viewer updated! Now to update the Eva thread index...

Talitha the Little Girl

Validated User
A long silence.

And then, a voice beyond the lights:

"…Whoops."
"'Whoops'?"
"I said nothing."
"I distinctly heard you say 'whoops'."
"Oh."
"I heard you say it, too."
"Then it must be so."
"I don't like it when you say 'whoops', Pluto. What happened?"
...And so this started off on a great note! :D

"Oh, my apologies, Neptune. We are precisely—"
"—If you use hyperdimensional coordinates again, I will slug you."
This bit is great, too.

"It could be worse. They had to wait several months for us to reappear."
"Who's 'they'?"
"I've said too much. Let us proceed, my friends."
Yeah, who's they, Pluto? Surely it's not us, since we know you don't break the fourth wall! :p

As for the comic... Usagi wearing a MLP shirt. That is. So. Perfect.

Now, to the manga recaps... that'll be fun! :) I've read them, online, only once - and even then, about half of the pages were missing. :(

Even then, I liked the manga. It've got its own strengths and weaknesses, just like the anime, but there is one thing which I very much prefer in the manga over the anime... Hotaru's story.

Speaking of which, where are you allowed to read up to, Shadowjack? I appear to recall some people recommending that you stop at the end of the Black Moon arc, due to certain spoilers, or did I got that wrong?

On that note, I'll sign off for the night... and welcome back to the Sailor Moon fandom, Shadowjack! :D

Last edited:

Peter Svensson

Reads Too Many Comics
Validated User
I had suggested stopping at Black Moon arc, but really, the main issue I had has since been passed, so he could finish the series if he wants to!

Hilarion

Validated User
This is good stuff! I'm glad to see this back. To tell you the truth, I was beginning to suspect you weren't coming back.

Boco

Genderless entity
Validated User
I think the best place to stop is at the end of the Infinity arc. Which was volume 10 in the original version, I think for the reprint it's halfway through volume 8? There's some stuff in SuperS that wouldn't have as much impact if you see how the manga handles it first, so I think that part at least should really be viewed with the anime first. (yes, there's other stuff that happens in the manga before then that hasn't come up in the anime yet and eventually will, but who cares?)

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Re: Musical costumes. Hellooooo Tuxedo nurse! The double-layer skirts are an interesting way to get both color elements in.

Re: General comments on the manga. I do find the general visual look a bit difficult at times. She's one of those comics artists who treats each page as a graphic composition themed upon a particular mood or situation, rather than panels in deliberate temporal sequence. On the other hand, I dearly appreciate the tight pace of plot development. In this comic, shit gets done.

This is good stuff! I'm glad to see this back. To tell you the truth, I was beginning to suspect you weren't coming back.
I can understand that. In truth, I'd been wanting to get back for… months, really, but timing just wasn't my friend. Finally I determined to MAKE TIME WITH MY BARE HANDS FROM STONES AND STICKS AS OUR ANCESTORS DID.

Karrin Blue

Validated User

It's back it's back it's back! Plus this is the first thread that I'll be seeing from the start! :-D

Blazing Bat

Validated User

Yay, it's back! And that comic is adorable, especially the poses. You can really see Usagi's boundless energy and enthusiasm.

As for the manga, yes, the style is a little different. Especially the way the men are drawn.

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User

Great to see you back, SJ. :) I... also prefer the anime to the manga. And I don't think it's a case of 'first installment wins' either. I like the manga... but for me, the anime's a lot better in some things I also can't get into because of spoilers.

Top Bottom