• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIR] Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon Thread 12)

OathToOblivion

Retired User
Could be worse.

She could be hitting you with a 2DS.
Speaking of, I don't particularly understand the hate that the 2DS gets. The hinge on the 3DS is notoriously prone to breaking, and it's actually surprisingly easy to accidentally turn the 3D on. It also doesn't look THAT much more bulky, and it probably has better battery life. And people run around with tablets all the time, and the 2DS is kind of like a tablet itself.

Last edited:

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
Speaking of, I don't particularly understand the hate that the 2DS gets. The hinge on the 3DS is notoriously prone to breaking, and it's actually surprisingly easy to accidentally turn the 3D on. It also doesn't look THAT much more bulky, and it probably has better battery life. And people run around with tablets all the time, and the 2DS is kind of like a tablet itself.
(ok, I'll reply to this, but not add anything else because we'd be derailing the thread)

Actually, the 3ds hinges are surprisingly bulky. It's the DS's hinges that aren't worth much. And "removing the 3d" isn't exactly "fixing an issue with the 3d", it's "removing a feature", which usually is a negative. Plus you can actually lock off the 3d feature on a 3ds, so there was no need for that.

Having said that, the promo images made the 2ds look very bulky and unportable. Which it kinda is (it certainly doesn't fit in your standard trouser pocket, unlike the 3ds), but less so than it would appear; it's actually more compact than the 3ds, but it's bigger because of the lack of flipping. It comfortably fits into an adult (and probably a teenager, but certainly not a kid's, and so it leaves the shoulder buttons outside of a kid's reach, barring some fancy athletics for a kid's hand).

The lack of a flip-screen (or whatever we want to call it) means you can't take it around without a proper case (sold separatedly) because the screens are always unprotected. Adn while scratching the top screen isn't a big issue (makes it harder to see and maybe a part of the screen totally blank) scratching the lower screen means most games are unplayable because hello, touchscreen.

Another things people complained about was the lack of a secondary circle pad, like the PSVita has. Which is silly because not a lot of games actually account for an existing double pad (I know of only Monster Hunter and Kingdom Hearts 3d for 3ds), but not completely baseless as a ton of games could do with the double pad functionality.

This said, the shape actually reminds me of the old GBA... which is awesome, but also kinda feels like a step backward.

Talitha the Little Girl

Validated User
Actually, the 3ds hinges are surprisingly bulky. It's the DS's hinges that aren't worth much.
Actually, it's DS Lite with the notoriously fragile hinges. :) I know this because I brought a DS Lite, and about a year later, its left hinge broke off (I stabilized it with duct tape. It looks ugly, but it doesn't flop around!), and I got curious, so I went researching. The original DS hinges are okay. DSi is okay. 3DS is even better. It's the DS Lite that you want to watch out for.

Last edited:

Xer0sama

Actually, it's DS Lite with the notoriously fragile hinges.
I very much disagree.
The hinges on the original DS were an insult to nintendium, while I've dropped my DS Lite many times with barely a scuff to show for it.
The left shoulder button is sometimes unresponsive, which made playing Mario Kart DS a nightmare, but gentle percussive maintenance cures that easily enough.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Act #10: Moon

(selphie_trabia, check your PMs, please. :) )

Okay, here's chapter 10, and chapter 11 will be up soon, too.

Spoiler: Show
ACT 10: MOON

Narrator: "There are times in a parent's life that one must intervene, and times when one must let one's kids do as they please."
Usagi: "Daddy, someone special gave me this priceless jewel. Can you get it put in a setting for me, please?"
Dad: "…"
Narrator: "You will never know which is which."

Naru: "Way to NOT throw some business our way, Usagi. (Mom's lease went up again…"
Usagi: "I'm sorry! I forgot we were still hanging out together in this continuity!"
Ami: "How are we supposed to talk about you-know-what with Naru here?"
Venus: "Don't worry. Usagi will distract her."

COPING STRATEGIES:
Ami: "I have no idea how we're going to the Moon! So I will read obsessively about it over and over."
Mako: "I have no idea how we're going to the Moon! But in this crazy world of haunted bridal shoppes, I assume it'll happen SOME how!"
Rei: "It will occur when it is most aesthetically and spiritually satisfactory."
Venus: "See, Mars gets it! Hey, wanna have a sleepover? (I've never had a sleepover…)"

Venus: /during Trans-Lunar Injection. "Whoa."

THERE'S NO AIR ON THE MOON…
Venus: "Can't breath. Can't hear. Can barely see. How are we still alive?"
The others: "I thought you knew all this stuff, V!"
Venus: "ORLY? …I must put up a great front."

Mako: "OOOOOOHHHH… USAGI Tsukino! I get it! That's funny! 'Cause the Moon, and rabbits… it's a PUN!"
Venus: "Wish the vacuum DID shut Sailors up…"

Luna: "Congratulations, Venus! You pulled the sword from the stone!"
Venus: /posing like Elric of Melniboné. "Great. So how is this going to fuck up my life more?"

Queen Serenity: "Hello. I am a recording."

Narration: "Queen Serenity's backup personality recording fills in the backstory. Yes, it's interactive. (Do they have software backups for all of them, or just her?"

Narration: "The Queen's reminiscences paint a picture of the Moon Kingdom as a city under glass… pressurized garden domes on a barren planet, always looking towards, yearning for the Earth… they saw their goal as to remove 'disturbing factors' from the Earth, to encourage and guide the evolution of humanity."

Narration: "Sounds creepy, until you remember how many and how powerful are all those space demons in this strange magical universe."
That Flower: "Bring me souls, Fiore!"
Fiore: "O.K., my lovely flower."

Narration: "They isolated themselves on a sterile fortress world so they could try to make humanity free of demonic influences. A nigh-hopeless task."
Narration: "Whoa. Hardcore."

Narration: "Metallia came from inside the Sun. Was it trapped there? Spawned there? Did it use the sun as a gate? Is humanity just an aberration in a pitiless universe of solar-scale energetic organisms? Are our emotions just a tasty distillation of the magical essence of the universe, a MERE SIDE EFFECT? (Iä Iä ftaghn!)"

Narration: "So, uh, Princess Serenity committed suicide with the sword of her guardians. Hard to blame her, when Cthulhu comes to call."
Venus: "THIS sword? This sword here?"
Venus: /offering sword. "Does anyone else want…? Uh, guys?"
Everyone else: /pretending not to hear. "It's so tranquil here." "Yes, very." "LOVELY weather."
Venus: "Fuck you all."

Micro-Queen Serenity: "Because I saw you die, I couldn't focus my full power on the Crystal, so the seal on Metallia was flawed. And the Crystal is dormant now because you were distracted by Endymion and lost focus, too."
Usagi: /experiences a Mother's Power: GUILT.

Ami: "Gee, it'd be a shame if this ancient Lunar power cable came unplugged."
Micro-Queen Serenity: /very quickly. "What I meant to say is that it takes practice and you need to be absolutely certain and I'm sure she's trying very hard and I'm sorry!"

MEANWHILE, IN TERMINAL DOGMA:
Beryl: "What the fuck are you doing down here, Kunzite?!"
Kunzite: "Same question, my queen! Is THAT our Lord?!"

Kunzite: "But you said if we found the Crystal we'd all be resurrected along with the Prince!"
Beryl: "I LIED. Now go die pointlessly!"
Kunzite: /brainwashed. "YES MASTER."

AND SO:
Planet Power vaporizes Kunzite.

Usagi: "I can't believe I'M the one saying this, but you guys need to STOP AND THINK! We need to take them alive to get information! You know, 'ALIVE'?"
The others: "Oops." "Uh." "Er." "No hablo japones."
Luna: "Now you know how I feel!"
Usagi: "Shut up, cat."

Beryl: "ARISE ZOMBYMION!"
Zombie Endymion: "Tuxeeeeedossss…"
Beryl: "Your orders are to MURDER the Princess and bring me the Crystal!"

AND SO:
Passerby: "Oh God! That checkered shirt is a lethal weapon!"

TO BE CONTINUED!

Shadowjack: /hurries back in. "Almost forgot to mention the bit where Kunzite entombs the entire Tokyo bayside in ice… and it never gets fixed."

TV Death Toll to this point: 4 (not counting flashbacks)
Manga Death Toll: hundreds of thousands
(Shoujo manga are hardcore.)

AND NOW, YOUR MOMENT OF ZEN:
Kunzite: "Heh heh… Can your attacks have any effect in the vacuum of space? Now, I think the first one to eliminate is this princess here!"
Venus: "Too bad for you, but this is our second time in space!"

Hudson: "How many drops you made, Lieutenant?"
Gorman: "38… simulated."
Hicks: "How many COMBAT drops?"
Gorman: "…2."

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
Re: Act #10: Moon

Nice work, dude. :D Although...

MEANWHILE, IN TERMINAL DOGMA:
Beryl: "What the fuck are you doing down here, Kunzite?!"
Kunzite: "Same question, my queen! Is THAT our Lord?!"
In this panel, what are they standing in front of?:confused:

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Act #11: Reunion, Endymion

And now for Chapter 11.

I never thought that drawing Sailor Moon comics would lead to me thinking, "I really need to learn how to draw BLOOD SPLATTER better."

Spoiler: Show
ACT 11: REUNION, ENDYMION
In which it gets creepy.

Usagi: "It wasn't creepy before?"
Venus: "Ooooohh crap."

Narration: "Usagi and Luna are now close; their fights are with mutual affection."
Usagi: /cuddles. "I'm sorry."
Luna: /purrrr grump grump purrrr

Narration: "Zombymion murders Endo, Furuhata's best friend…
Furu-chan: "Hey, Endo, you coming?"
Zombymion: "JUST A MOMENT…"

Narration: "…so he can take his place."
Reika: "Wasn't Endo short, blond, and wearing glasses? Honey?"
Furu-chan: "I. don't. know. what. you. mean."
"Endo": /protective, um, grasp. "We are ordinary Earth friends."
Narration: "…and more?"

Narration: "And so, now when Usagi comes to the Arcade…"
"Endo": "I'm working here now, so we can see lots of each other. My, aren't you pretty?" /bad touch bad touch!
Usagi: !

Narration: "…and 'cause she's scared and lonely, she keeps coming."
Usagi: "Er… hi?"
"Endo": "WELCOME BACK."

Shadowjack: "Now here's what's clever about this plotline: It lets Takeuchi play it both ways! Before, Usagi knew that she should be cautious of this strange man, but we came to see that his interest in her was genuine, that he was safe.

So now, they get to meet again…"
"Endo": "What some candy, little girl?"
Usagi: "…Okay?"
Shadowjack: "…and the danger is all real. And apart from the mind-control, IT'S THE SAME GUY. If Mamoru was a stalker, this is how he'd do it. Ick! Ick! Ick!"

COOL SCENES ON THE WAY:
Venus Being The Badass Commander:
Venus: "What are the omens, Rei?"
Rei: "Bad."

Venus Being Embarrassed By Usagi's Affectionate Hero-Worship of Her:
Usagi: "V-chan!"
Venus: /blush!

Everyone's Reaction To Ami's Apartment:
Ami: "We'll borrow some of Mom's diamonds for this experiment… she'll never miss them!"
Everyone else: "…"

Mako Getting Her Present and Past Memories Mixed Up—And Trying to Face Them to Get More Info:
Mako: "The last thing I recall before Usagi, I mean, the Princess died…"
Mako: "…"
Mako: /resumes. "…the last thing… damn it, I think we died before we could see the monster sealed away, so we don't know how to do it ourselves."

Mako: "Okay, everyone: If you're mortally wounded, stay alive and conscious as long as you can, even it hurts like hell, so your future reincarnation gets as much data as possible!"

Mako also speculates that Serenity's suicide is what blighted the Moon—that, perhaps, without that, the Moon could be habitable.

THE BASIC PROBLEM:
Zombymion knows Usagi is Sailor Moon, but she's immune to the brainwashing spell, so he has to do it the hard way.

"Endo": "Tell me all your secrets."
Usagi: "I really have to leave now."

The Sailors know that "Endo" is up to no good, but if he really is Mamoru/Endymion, they don't want to just frag him on suspicion.

Venus: "It would make Usagi cry!"

THE CLIMAX:
Mako: "Fuck all this cloak and dagger shit! I'm getting to the bottom of this! HEY, ASSHOLE!"
"Endo": "Yes?" /evil grin

In the secret base…
Mako: "Hey, guys! That Endo guy is totally using brainwashing! Maybe we should hide the Crystal better?"
Usagi: /takes it out. "Oh, don't worry, I've got it right—"
Mako: "RAWR GRAB CRYSTAL!"
Usagi: "Ack!"
Tuxendo: "SURPRISE! And everything I made her say was the truth!"

THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN THE FIGHT:
Speed vs. Strength – Who Would Win?
Answer: Do not piss off Sailor Venus.
Usagi: /cowering. "What? Who? How? Huh?"

Speed vs. Brainwashed Guy – Who Would Win?
Answer: No, really. DO NOT PISS OFF SAILOR VENUS.
Venus: "The Love-Me Chain is the chain I beat you with until you say you love me."

Luna: "Usagi, quick! Shoot him down!"
Usagi: "But it's Mamo-chan! I can't shoot Mamo-chan!"
Tuxendo: "Heeheehee!" /stomps Luna into bloody pulp.
Usagi: "LUNA!!!"
Usagi: /all powered up. "Okay, maybe I CAN shoot Mamo-chan."

BUT SUDDENLY AT THE LAST MINUTE!
Beryl: /saves Tuxendo. "He's mine!"

Beryl: "…I am Princess Beryl, Queen of the Dark kingdom! Princess Serenity: I believe your true wish is to die at the hand of Prince Endymion! Ha ha!"

Usagi: "Um… no? That's… that's CREEPY. Is this that 'projection' thing?"
Beryl: "I thought everyone wanted secretly to be killed by their boyfriends! (That's why you have to kill them first…)"
Usagi: "No, that's just you, dear."

TO BE CONTINUED!

Top Bottom