• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIR] Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon Thread 12)

Xan

Social Justice Worrier
Validated User
No cast info yet, tho original VAs (on both sides of the Pacific) are reported to be interested in reprising their roles.
That would be interesting. Keiko Han (Luna and Beryl) would almost certainly be up for it. Both Michie Tomizawa (Rei) and Chiyoko Kawashima (Pluto, Shingo and Haruna) are retired, though Tomizawa's been temporarily coaxed out of retirement a few times. Unfortunately, Kazuyuki Sogabe (Kunzite) is dead.

On the English side, the only truly stand-out voice actor I can recall was Stephanie Beard (S and SuperS-era Chibiusa)...

Hilarion

Validated User
That's actually a good question by itself: does the "original English voice actor cast" mean the DiC dub of Classic and R or the Cloverway dub of S and SuperS?

Not that I plan to watch it in anything other than Japanese, but worth asking.

Xan

Social Justice Worrier
Validated User
Even during the DiC run a bunch of actors were replaced. There were two Sailor Moons and, I think, three Tuxedo Masks...

While there are fans nostalgic about the dub, I can't imagine there'd be a huge push among English speaking fans to have the original dub cast back. Even leaving the issue of cuts and changes aside, a lot of the actors just weren't that great.

Kintatsu

Validated User
Even during the DiC run a bunch of actors were replaced. There were two Sailor Moons and, I think, three Tuxedo Masks...

While there are fans nostalgic about the dub, I can't imagine there'd be a huge push among English speaking fans to have the original dub cast back. Even leaving the issue of cuts and changes aside, a lot of the actors just weren't that great.
As far as my (admittedly limited) memories can discern, Susan Roman (Jupiter) was pretty good. Also, whoever played Mars in Classic. Aaaand those are the only two I can actually remember hearing so, yeah...

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode #128: Meeting of Fate! The Night Where a Pegasus Flies

FX: Crickets, owls, distant wolves, and the sound of footsteps.

(after some time) Luna: "Ow!"

FX: Poink!

Luna: "Drat these sharp thorns! They'll ruin my coat. Now where the devil are those girls? I haven't seen them in ages."

FX: Continued night noises and footsteps until it gets ridiculous.

FX: A splash of water. The footsteps stop.

Luna: (calls) "Is that you?"
Usagi: (in the distance) "No, it's you!"
Luna: "…Are you sure?"
Rei: (in the distance) "¡Well, it's not us, so it must be you!"
Luna: "Oh, damn it all. I hate getting my feet wet."

FX: Exasperated splashes. In the distance, the girls giggling, and a horse?

Luna: "Look, this new-style introduction is just not going to work! We can't open the series with the six of you romping about in a lake at night with a horse, and I don't care if he IS magic."
Pegasus: "Oh, thank you very much, I'm sure." (whickers offendedly)
Luna: "I'm sorry, but this is just all too avant. Come out of the water, all of you, and we'll do a proper start."
Ami: "But we can't come out UNTIL we start!"
Luna: "Why ever not?"
Chibi-Usa: "Because stupid Artemis is sleeping on all our clothes!"
Luna: "…Bringing our classiest act as always, I see."
Mina: (splashing closer) "Don't worry, don't worry, I'll handle this. ARTEMIS!"
Artemis: (sleepily) "Yes, mistress?"
Mina: "Get off that dirty laundry and tell the eager masses what they're in fo—"
Artemis: "Rubbish."
Mina: "—also known as the highly acclaimed SAILOR MOON SHOW!"

MUSIC: Fanfare!
FX: …immediately followed by the wails and lamentations of damned souls.

Mina: "I say, it's not THAT bad, is it?"
Ami: "Well, this is the fourth series, and the number four does traditionally signify death—"
Usagi: "DEATH?! I'm out!" (splashing away)
Rei: "¿Where are you going, you silly girl?"
Usagi: (away) "I've died in every series so far, and I'd like to end my streak."
Mako: "To do that you'll have to put your clothes back on."
Usagi: "Right!" (splashes back) "Curse! No human force can move a cat from a pile of laundry."
Mako: "Here, use this crane I keep in my purse for emergencies."
Usagi: "Mako, you're a life saver!"
Mako: "What flavor?"
Usagi: "Rum!"

FX: Diesel engine, backup beeper, a cat yowl.

Usagi: "Sorry! Sorry! There, that's my clothes out… Put him back down… Quickly get dressed…"

FX: Frantic splashing and dressing noises, and one horse whinny.

Usagi: "Safe at last!"
Luna: "If you've quite finished?"
Chibi-Usa: "We still have to do the introduction."
Usagi: "Okay! Quick, everybody pose on this chessboard—villains, too—and you, Pegasus—"

FX: Clatter of a board, crowd rhubarb and horse noises, more splashing…

Usagi: "—smile!—"

FX: Photo flash.

Usagi: "—I'll throw a halo over the title, a kitten over the cats—"

FX: Angelic chord, a startled mew.

Usagi: "—Pegasus opens the theme song—"
Pegasus: "Thank you!" (inhales, and begins to sing a grand operatic note—)
Usagi: (cuts him off) "Beautiful! And Chibi-Usa—"
Pegasus: (this was the final insult) "Well!" (canters off)
Usagi: "—finish us off, won't you?"

FX: Tinkling bell.

Mina: "Now that's my idea of a theme song!"
Luna: "Yes, anyway, now that we've finished starting, can we get on to the episode already? You're not out of these woods yet, you know."
Usagi: "In that case: TAXI!"

FX: VROOOOOOM-brake!

Driver: "Where to, mate?"
Usagi: "Out of these woods!"
Driver: "Righto, mate."

FX: VROOOOOOOOOooooommmmmm…

Artemis: "And now, having begun beginning, we begin the middle: Our story opens one night, high above the city we know so well. Surrounded by the gentle lull of—"

FX: Traffic noise, horns.

Artemis: (a little louder) "—the gentle lull of the evening traffic, and the quiet hum of Serial Experiments lights, few people are even dimly aware of what is to come. But all of sudden, out of the depths of space comes a faint signal—a desperate call for help!—sent by what manner of creature, no one can say."

FX: Hoofbeats, hammering out a desperate signal in Morse.

Chibi-Usa: "It sounds like a horse."
Artemis: "I couldn't say." (resumes) "Will this frantic, fleeting light find succor from the encroaching darkness amid Earth's good green hills? Or will it find only horror and eventual destruction? So begins Episode One-Hundred-and-Twenty-Eight of Sailor Moon Superssss: Meeting of Fate! The Night Where a Pegasus Flies!"
Pegasus: "I wouldn't fly with this lot if they strapped rockets on."
Mina: "I can arrange that!"
Usagi: "Later. It all began when—"
Chibi-Usa: "Excuse me! This episode starts with ME. I'll do the narrating!"
Usagi: "Sorry, Chibi-Usa, I'd forgot you were still here."
Chibi-Usa: "It all began when I had the strangest dream—"
Usagi: "Why are you still here? I thought you went home at the end of the last series."
Chibi-Usa: "And miss out on the chance to meet a magic horse? Not on your bunny-ears."
Usagi: "I'm sure we must have loads of magic horses at home in the future."
Chibi-Usa: "Yes, but you never let me go near them!"
Usagi: "Why not?"
Chibi-Usa: "It all began when I had the strangest dream—"
Usagi: "You said that before."
Chibi-Usa: "And I'll keep saying it until you let me go on!"
Usagi: "Lay on, then, o future spawn of my heart."
Chibi-Usa: (shrilly) "It all began when I had the strangest dream!"

MUSIC: Swirly flashback harp chords.

Chibi-Usa: "I dreamed I was running, running alone through the empty city—"
Usagi: (sympathetically) "Oh, poor thing, that nightmare again?"
Chibi-Usa: "No! This dream's different. It was nice, and peaceful. I ran because I knew someone was calling me."
Chibi-Usa: (echo chamber) "Who's calling me? Hello? Hello? Who's there? Hello?"
Usagi: (echo chamber) "Hello?"
Chibi-Usa: (echo chamber): "Hello?"
Chibi-Usa: "I found my way to a pretty park, filled with rainbow light, and shining crystals—"
Usagi: "And dolphins?"
Chibi-Usa: "Yes, dolphins, swimming in the lake."
Usagi: "And was there a unicorn?"
Chibi-Usa: "The most beautiful unicorn! Have you had the same dream?"
Usagi: "No, the same Lisa Frank Trapper-Keeper."
Chibi-Usa: "Foo to you! The most beautiful unicorn! I SO wanted to pet him, but I was afraid to. But he had such a pretty horn, and great big wings, and three kindly eyes—"
Usagi: "THREE eyes?"
Chibi-Usa: "One for each side of his face." (like, duh) "And I felt funny and warm inside, but I knew I was safe, because I had shifted to Princess Mode all of a sudden. And he looked at me, and we began to sing together—"
Pegasus and Chibi-Usa: "Oooooooh sweet mystery of life at last I've—"
Usagi: "I'm still hung up on the three eyes."
Chibi-Usa: "Please! Don't spoil the beauty." (echo chamber) 'O, unicorn!' I said."
Pegasus: (echo chamber) "O, pretty one!…"
Chibi-Usa: "…he said…"
Pegasus: (echo chamber) "Please, keep this meeting a secret."
Chibi-Usa: "And then Usagi was shaking me awake. It was all a dream! OR WAS IT? What do you think, Usagi?"
Usagi: "Urrrrrgh."
Chibi-Usa: "I knew you wouldn't understand."
Usagi: "I'm beginning to understand why we don't let you near the future horses."
Chibi-Usa: "That's not fair! I don't complain about you and your future penguins."
Usagi: "What about me and future penguins?"
(The usual bickering ensues, and fades into the background…)

Artemis: "Astute listeners may wonder why it was that Usagi was waking up Chibi-Usa. The answer is simple: It was the day of a great event in the city."

FX: Excited crowd chatter and a few tweeting birds, i.e. a nice day in the park.

Artemis: "The girls set out together to observe this great event, and brought with them some old friends…"
Mako: "Motoki, why have you come with us to see this great event instead of running your arcade?"
Motoki Furuhata: (laughs cheerily) "Why, Makoto, no one would come to the arcade which I operate on such an important day as this."
Mina: (laughs merrily) "Of course! A great event this important only happens once every few hundred years."
Ami: "Total solar eclipses aren't THAT rare."
Mina: "Darn it, Ami!"
Ami: "What?"
Mina: "I was hoping we would keep them guessing what the grand and important event was for minutes, and then you had to go and open your gob."
Ami: "I'm sorry, but I have sworn a solemn oath to slay any scientific inaccuracies that occur in my presence."
Mina: "I bow to your dedication, and give you all my pity."
Mako: "Any luck so far, Ami?"
Ami: "Well, I'm currently enjoying the puzzle of why the total eclipse of October 24th, 1995 is instead occurring in March of the same year."
Mina: "That's easy! I got advance tickets."
Ami: "I am reluctantly forced to accept that explanation as plausible."
Mako: "I always knew all this time travel would screw things up. What do you think, o redheaded companion?"
Unazuki Furuhata: "Oh, I don't know, I'm just glad to be here!"
Ami: "You're not Naru!"
Unazuki: "No, I'm Unazuki Furuhata, younger sister of Motoki, and still employed at that restaurant from that one episode."
Mina: "I see you, too, have mastered the art of recapping! But I could have sworn we invited Naru along today."
Unazuki: (cheerful and innocent) "Oh, she said she couldn't come, and gave me her ticket so I could go with Big Brother. So today I guess I'm Naru's replacement!"
Naru's Mom: (gloating) "You have learned well, my daughter. You have learned well." (chuckles evilly)
Usagi: "Golly, haven't seen you in ages, Ms. Osaka! How's the therapy going?"
Chibi-Usa: "Never mind her! What's a 'total solar eclipse', anyway?"
Rei: "It's when—"
Usagi: (spooky voice) "—a horrible space monster devours the sun, plunging the Earth into a dark and scaaaaaaaary void."
Rei: "¿Would you PLEASE not fill our, I mean, your future daughter's head with your wacky superstitions?"
Usagi: "Wait, you mean the monster is just a story?"
Rei: "¿Wait, you mean you weren't just joking with her?"
Usagi: "Joking! Yes, ha-ha! Yes. Erm."
Chibi-Usa: (exasperated childhood sigh)
Unazuki: "So what's this I hear about you having blushy dreams?"
Chibi-Usa: "Nothing! She said, blushing."
Unazuki: "Aha! My girl senses detect clear signs of boyfriend."
Usagi: "Mamoru! Help!"
Motoki: "Aren't you projecting, Unazuki? You're the one who's been coming home late these days!"
Ami: "We shouldn't be hearing this! GO ON."
Unazuki: "Shut up! She said, blushing."

FX: A knock at the door, which then opens.

Mamoru: "Did somebody call my name?" (pause for audience applause) "Thank you. Everybody, the great important event—"
Mina: "It's a solar eclipse, we KNOW."
Mamoru: "—is about to begin. If anyone would care to put on these specially-made completely ordinary sunglasses—"

Motoki and Mako: "Oh, thank you."
Mamoru: "—and stare into the sun—"
Motoki and Mako: "Yes, yes…"
Mamoru: "—you will discover that against the sun's blinding rays they are no protection whatsoever."

FX: Bacon frying.

Motoki and Mako: (screams of pain, "I'm blind!" etc.)
Mamoru: "So let's make sure to use these special sun shades instead, and remember to listen to all instructions before proceeding. Safety first, you know."

Artemis: "And so, duly equipped with eye protection, an entire city gazes upward and waits to watch this great and silent astronomical event."

FX: A great silence.
FX: …broken by a wonky, bicycle-powered circus tune, that sputters along by some sort of rubbery propeller.
FX: A tremendous honking, crashing, wheezing, electric, splattery, explosive collision.

Artemis: "And then the moment passed."
Usagi: "I didn't realize eclipses made noises like that."
Rei: "¿What noise?"
Usagi: "None of you noticed anything unusual about that eclipse?"
All: (general muttering of "no")
Usagi: "So is that monstrous inverted inflatable space circus tent over there a new addition to the Tokyo skyline, or have I just never noticed it before?"

Rei: "¿Which seems the most likely explanation to you?"
Usagi: "Considering it's me, the second one."
Rei: "Precisely."
Usagi: "Huh. Didn't think Tokyo was zoned for kaiju-scale balloon buildings."

Artemis: "It wasn't. But if you been inside the large, looming structure, you might have heard this…"

FX: Maniacal laughter from various hideous throats.

Artemis: "And you might have seen a horde of demoniacal tumblers, jongleurs, circus freaks, and steaming goons."

Circus Freak #1: "Those foolish humans! They haven't even noticed our contravention of downtown zoning regulations!"
Circus Freak #2: "Yes! These hideous monkey people can't see beyond their own hideously short noses!"
Circus Freak #3: "They take no notice of the world they live on or the things around them!"
Circus Freak #4: (way in the back) "Say, did any of you catch what planet this was, anyway?"

FX: Multiple shots ring out.

Circus Freak #4: "Urk! Question withdrawn…"

FX: A body collapses to the floor.
FX: Raucous laughter from the surviving hideous throats.

Mistress Zirconia, a natty old witch: "SILENCE!"
Mistress Zirconia: "After ten thousand years, it's time to take over the Earth! …I always wanted to say that."

Artemis: "Heading this band was Mistress Zirconia, an aged illithid of advanced years."
Zirconia: "How dare you say that of me? Take another look, buddy."
Artemis: "I beg your pardon, madam. With your hat, you looked much squiddier from a distance."
Zirconia: "Not a bit of tentacle about me. Firm and fit as I was the day I turned five hundred! So watch it! Now then, bring forth my faithful servants, the Amazon Trio!"
Artemis: "Do you want them together or separately as they become available?"
Zirconia: "All together, of course."
Artemis: "You can have them by tomorrow if you sign up for the special credit offer, otherwise you'll have to wait three to five days."
Zirconia: "Blast! Always tricky business dealing with these Amazonians."
Artemis: "However, if you upgrade to an Amazon Quartet, you can use free shipping and get them in five to eight days."
Zirconia: "Three… five… eight… What if I don't take any at all?"
Artemis: "Then they can be here right away."
Zirconia: "Then don't summon anybody!"
Amazon Trio: "Mistress Zirconia, we are here!"
Zirconia: "Perfect! First let me sit down on this old trunk."

FX: Elephant.

Zirconia: "Poor fellow. Now: call roll."

FX: A whoosh of flame.

Tiger, a manly man: "With the burning power of flame, and beautiful golden hair: Tiger's Eye!"

FX: Splish-splash-bubble.

Fish, a clever woman: "With the alluring power of water, and trousers made of bubbles: Fish Eye!"

FX: Whoopie cushion.

Hawk, a dedicated man: "With the fabulous power of wind, and feeling in the pink: Hawk's Eye!"
Amazon Trio: "What is your bidding, mistress?"
Zirconia: "Pull up some evil music and sit down."

MUSIC: Kefka's Theme

Zirconia: "Now, my servants, listen carefully as I count on my fingers. First: HE has escaped somewhere into this world. Second: we MUST CAPTURE HIM."
Tiger: "He shall not escape!"
Fish: "We shall run him down!"
Hawk: "He shall be ours! …whoever he is."
Zirconia: "HE is a very great and important character, as you can tell."
Hawk: "Obviously. That's third."
Zirconia: "Third, yes. Fourth: This great and important character cannot hold his shape long in this world, without dying; thus, he needs sanctuary. Fifth: He can only find this sanctuary within beeee-au-tiful dreams."
Fish: "Beautiful dreams?"
Zirconia: "Sixth: Beeeee-au-tiful dreams."

FX: Swirly dream harp chords.

Zirconia: "Like those."
Fish: "I understand."
Zirconia: "Seventh: You must therefore find people with those dreams."
Tiger: "Eighth: If we have dreams to find with, why don't we just use those to find this great and important character in the first place?"
Zirconia: "Ninth: That's not what I meant you silly nit."
Hawk: (helpfully) "We're using OURSELVES to find people WHO HAVE dreams."
Tiger: "Oh! Sorry, I thought you meant find, with those dreams, people… I see now. Sorry! Sorry."
Zirconia: "Tenth: Quite all right. Eleventh…"
Fish: "You're running out of fingers, there."
Zirconia: "So I am. I'll have to switch to my other hand. Eleventh… eleventh… DESTROY THE DREAMS. We are practicing a scorched dream policy. DESTROY THEM ALL. Savvy?"
Hawk: "On a world like this, there are few humans with beautiful dreams!"
Fish: "So HE shall soon have nowhere to hide!"
Tiger: "Come, my comrades, let us take vital preparations at once!"

FX: They leave through the door, then immediately step through another one.
FX: Bell rings at the door.

Bartender: "What'll it be, then, gents?"
Tiger: "Three vital preparations to start with."
Hawk: "Likewise."
Bartender: "And for the lady?"
Fish: "The same, on the rocks."

FX: Pouring of liquid, clink of glasses.

Tiger: "Here's mud in yer eye!"

FX: Gulps.

Hawk: "Bleh."
Tiger: "Ugh. Mud, indeed."
Fish: "These drinks really were better when they made them with water."
Tiger: "Let's have the photographs."

FX: Shuffle of papers onto the counter.

Fish: "We've never been on this planet before, where did you get these headshots?"
Hawk: "Simple. I took a photograph of the Earth and blew it up to real size, then clipped out all the people with a pair of scissors."
Fish: "Hawk's Eye, you fool! That method only shows you the people from one side! What about those who were facing the other way?"
Hawk: "I already thought of that: I used double-sided film. Simply turn the photograph around and you can see the other side."
Fish: "Oh! And there they are."
Tiger: "Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!"
Hawk: "It may be hard for YOU to tell, but these are girls, Tiger."
Tiger: "And WHAT girls! This planet may not have many beeee-au-tiful dreams, but it has beeee-au-tiful GIRLS! I can't believe my three eyes!"
Fish: "I don't see what's so special about them!"
Hawk: "Neither do I! Save it for after work, Tiger."
Tiger: "Why not mix work and pleasure? I choose this one to start!"
Fish: "Huh. A redhead. Of course."
Tiger: "It's a tradition! I wonder what she's doing now…"

Artemis: "So do I! Let's find out, by bringing up the next scene."

Usagi: "So, Unazuki, how's it going with the boyfriend business?"
Unazuki: "Not in front of Chibi-Usa!"
Usagi: "Oho! So it can't be discussed in front of children!"
Chibi-Usa: "That's not fair!"
(cue the usual bickering)

Artemis: "Well, that's not very helpful. But if we turn the scene around and look on the other side…"

Unazuki: "He's not actually my boyfriend. We've had a few laughs together, but he's never actually asked me out. Maybe we aren't destined to be together!"
Chibi-Usa: "Bah! You don't have to WAIT for your prince to come. Sometimes, a girl has to get on her own white horse and FIND her charming prince! Whether it's destined or not depends on the people involved."
Unazuki: "Chibi-Usa! Thy words are harsh, but wise!"
Usagi: "And some of thy words are strangely familiar to me."
Chibi-Usa: "They should be, I heard you say some of them in the teaser for this episode."
Usagi: "Wow, thanks! But anyway, what will you do, Unazuki?"
Unazuki: "Well, I don't like horses, so I was planning on using this bus pass Naru lent me."
Usagi: "Naru's bus pass? Wait! Stop! Come back!"

FX: Bus takes off, then comes to a stop.

Unazuki: "Excuse me, sir, did you drop this glorious golden jewelry?"
Tiger: "Why, yes! Did you drop this plain cardboard wallet?"
Unazuki: "Why, yes!"
Tiger: "Oh my god, we're twins! It must be destiny. Do you come here often?"
Unazuki: "Only when I have a bus pass."
Tiger: "What are you doing after the ride?"
Unazuki: "Getting off?"
Tiger: "It would be my pleasure to help you with that."

Artemis: "Meanwhile, around the corner of a wall in another part of the city entirely…"

Usagi: "Chibi-Usa, why have you dragged me here?"
Chibi-Usa: "I'm serious, I need your help."
Usagi: "Okay, I'm here for you, don't worry. What is it?"
Chibi-Usa: "You know that dream that you don't know about yet because I only narrated it?"
Usagi: "…Yes."
Chibi-Usa: "Is there a crystal forest with a rainbow lake somewhere around here?"
Usagi: "In the asphalt jungle of central Tokyo?"
Chibi-Usa: "Yes."
Usagi: "I'd say it's about as likely as a monstrous inverted inflatable space circus tent appearing out of nowhere."
Chibi-Usa: "I didn't think so."
Usagi: "So they tell me."
Unazuki: "EEEEEEEK!"
Usagi: "A scream of terror!"
Chibi-Usa: "Someone is in danger!"
Usagi: "Quick!"

FX: Whoosh!

Usagi: "Look! In the usual abandoned quarry! It's Chibi-Usa!"
Chibi-Usa: "And a poncy man with yellow hair! What's he doing to her?"

FX: Whip-crack!

Unazuki: "EEEEEEK!"
Usagi: "Perhaps we should come back later?"
Tiger: "Ho ho ho! Sorry to surprise you with this on the first date, but… I'm a villain."
Unazuki: "Please tell me you're joking."
Tiger: "A villain never listens to a woman's pleas! And now, ladies and gentlemen, for my first illusion…"

MUSIC: Tense magic act.

Tiger: "Observe, as I strap our volunteer whom I have never seen before to this completely ordinary board in a trice!"
Unazuki: "Let me out of this trice!"
Tiger: "Next—and complete silence for this please—I shall place a mirror upon her chest, with which to look inside her!"
Unazuki: "But… but you've placed the mirror facing outward, so it's showing YOUR chest."
Tiger: "Well spotted, miss! But behold! I simply turn the mirror around—"
Unazuki: "EEEEEEEEEEK!"
Tiger: "—and, presto! I can see the other side."
Unazuki: "…ugh… help me, somebody…"
Usagi: "HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!"

MUSIC: Heroic theme!

Usagi: "We are the terrors who trip in the night!"
Chibi-Usa: "We are the seven-years' bad luck in the broken mirror of crime!"
Usagi: "For love and justice, Sailor Moon, and her faithful apprentice—"
Chibi-Usa: "—Sailor Chibi-Moon! And you're gonna get such a pinch!"
Tiger: "Two strange pumpkins have appeared!"
Usagi: "What pumpkins?"
Tiger: "Karakuriko, my little automatic lemur, quickly retrieve your arms from this chest!"
Unazuki: "EEEEEEEEEK!"
Karakuriko: (irritatingly squeaky voice) "At once, my cap-i-tan!" (reads her stage directions out loud) "Enter Karakuriko, wearing a fake cardboard body on top of her legs. Pauses for audience screams not a sausage."

Usagi: "I beheld a flesh-tone mannequin the color of flesh—but not HUMAN flesh. It was assembled from miscellaneous parts, and made hideous spiderlike contortions that shivered my spine with terror!"
Karakuriko: "Oh, goody!"
Usagi: (bravely) "Unhand that woman, you fiends!"
Karakuriko: "Okay, then, I shall use my feet! Take this!"
Usagi: "Ack!"

FX: Sounds of struggle.

Usagi: "She's going to pieces all over us!"
Karakuriko: "Heehee heehee heehee! Cootchie cootchie coo!"
Usagi: "Sailor Chibi-Moon! Look out!"
Chibi-Usa: "Aiieee! She's caught me between her elbows! Sailor Moon, try to disarm her!"
Usagi: "I can't! Her arms are way over there with you! Oh, you monster! Ow!"
Chibi-Usa: "Look out for her knees!"
Usagi: "Curse! She's grappled me with her spare torso! I'm trapped!"
Karakuriko: "Heehee! Now you shall feel the deathly kiss of my s'word blade!"
Usagi: "Aha! But how will you hold the blade, with your arms way over there?"
Karakuriko: "That is easy to answer! A kith ith made with the mouth, you know…"

FX: Sword shing!

Karakuriko: "Blaaaaahhhhhhhh…"
Usagi: "Ack! Ew! No! Get away! Oh horror!"
Karakuriko: "Thtab! Thtab! Thtabby! Heehee!"
Chibi-Usa: "Somebody save us!"

FX: Dynamic entry through broken glass.
MUSIC: Spanish guitar.

Usagi and Chibi-Usa: "Tuxedo Mask!"
Mamoru: "By this rose, I shall not permit anyone to tarnish this star-drenched evening with tasteless evil!"
Tiger: "I beheld a skinny cape and tuxedo, that surrounded a shameless womanizer with pretty-boy hair!"
Mamoru: "Speak for yourself!"
Tiger: "I just did."
Mamoru: "I am just one stem of a rose that cuts through evil! Take preparations for your punishment!"
Tiger: "Right!"

FX: Door opens with bell.

Tiger: "Two preparations for punishment, please."

FX: Pouring, glasses tinkling.

Bartender: "There you are, sirs."
Mamoru: "Thank you."

FX: Gulping.

Tiger: "Ugh. Even worse than the last one."
Mamoru: "How can you stand it?"
Tiger: "With any luck, I won't have to."
Mamoru: "We'll soon see about that!

FX: Door.

Mamoru: "Let us begin!"
Tiger: "Right!"

FX: They duel, whip vs. monkey rod. Oof, arg, whip-crack, etc.

Mamoru: "Aha! There!"
Tiger: "Curses! He's disarmed me!"
Mamoru: "Better than that, I've de-whipped you! Keep your arms up, right where they are at the beginnings of your hands."
Tiger: "Ha-ha! That's what I thought you'd say! You've fallen into my trap, Tuxedo Mask!"
Mamoru: "What?"
Tiger: "When my whip flew away from my hand, it wrapped your shadow to that tree! You're stuck!"
Mamoru: "Curses! It's true! I can't move a step! I knew I should have bought a detachable shadow!"
Tiger: "Now to look in the mirror, and check this girl's dream for… HIM!"

Artemis: "As what ensues is a horrific and disturbing scene, we shall now take you to a peaceful and charming scene instead."

FX: Gentle sounds of surf and seabirds.

Umino: "Naru?"
Naru: "Hmm?"
Umino: "I love you."
Naru: "I know."

Artemis: "Now let us return."

Tiger: "Dash it all! I messed up my gorgeous hair for nothing: HE isn't in this girl's dream. Oh well. Still, a job's a job. Karakuriko?"
Karakuriko: "Yes, my capitan?"
Tiger: "Kill 'em all."
Karakuriko: "Heehee!"

FX: Electronic explosion and swirly harp chords.

Tiger: "What's this? What light is this that breaks upon us?"
Karakuriko: "Look!"

FX: Galloping hooves, and a neigh!

Pegasus: "The cavalry is here!"
Usagi: "Good heavens! It's a rare tri-optic pegacorn! That's a pegasus with three eyes and a horn, folks! As you all know, I have never heard of such a thing."
Chibi-Usa: "It's beeee-au-tiful!"
Usagi: "So it is, and so are we, now that we have mysteriously been released from our bonds and transformed into Princess Mode! Could it be that some strange power emanates from that pink-tinged equine? And what is this now in my hand? A new magic wand!"
Chibi-Usa: "I've never seen a wand like that before! It has a handle like a sword, but no blade."
Usagi: "True! But I bet if we stick it into this magic box… here, help me push the plunger down…"
Chibi-Usa: "Okay!"

FX: Massive explosion.

Karakuriko: (sobs) "…YOU ROTTEN SWINE, YOU! You've deaded me with your magic dynamite! Exit Karakuriko, in scorched and shattered pieces…"
Tiger: "And exit Tiger's Eye, by means of a fire escape!"

FX: Whoosh of flame!

Chibi-Usa: "How can there be a fire escape, we're on the ground?"
Usagi: "There are powers in this world, Princess Chibi-Moon, we may never truly understand. Speaking of which, where did the pegacorn go?"
Chibi-Usa: "Alas! He's gone. But it wasn't a dream!"
Mamoru: "Naru's fine, by the way."
Unazuki: "…Unazuki…"
Mamoru: "Whoever."
Usagi: "What wasn't a dream?"
Chibi-Usa: "The dream you don't know yet about because I only narrated it."
Usagi: "Chibi-Usa, we have been through many perils together, and I hope someday to have the honor to be your only mother. Is there anything about this situation that you aren't telling me?"
Chibi-Usa: "I can't tell you, because I promised him not to tell anybody about the dream you don't know about yet!"
Usagi: "For crying out loud. Didn't you learn anything about keeping secrets from people from the last series?"
Chibi-Usa: "No! Because I was in it, I didn't get a chance to watch it! You can't see it from that angle."
Usagi: "Oh! Well, that's easily solved. If we just turn this episode around, you'll be able to see it from the other side."
Mamoru: "No, wait!"

FX: Groaning timbers, followed by four large splashes.

Chibi-Usa: (spluttering) "Stupid Usagi! You've gone and dumped us back in the lake from the introduction!"

Artemis: "That was the Sailor Moon Show, presented by Shadowjack on RPGnet, based upon his watching of the original series by Naoko Takeuchi and Toei Animation, which is more involvement than those people would like to have, I'm sure. Anything else it may be based upon is left as an exercise for the reader. Good night."

Hilarion

Validated User
Re: Episode #128: Meeting of Fate! The Night Where a Pegasus Flies

...Wow.

I've always loved the idea that no one saw the circus descend. Tiger's Eye's way of checking out dreams is...rather sketchy and disturbing. I love the circus motif this season.

So, fun fact: the English version of this season gave two of the characters sex changes, one of whom was randomly Zirconia, who went from an old witch to the poor man's Yoda for no discernible reason. Also, the Lemures turned into Remliss, which is one of the more amazing feats in translation considering that lemur/lemures is a valid word in English and Remliss isn't. The L/R confusion isn't supposed to go both ways!

RoadsOfShadow

Validated User

Welcome back :D

This... was fun. I like our mysterious non demon HIM, I the new intro looks neat.

Evil circuses are cool.

And somewhere on far far away, Naru is celebrating her escape from victim status.

Now then, let's see what happens here. (If first impressions are worth anything, I'm guessing that no, R is still going to my favorite, but I'm looking to enjoy SuperS.)

PenguinZero

Wark!
RPGnet Member
Validated User

He's back, with the power of classic British comedy at his beck and call!

Mina: "—also known as the highly acclaimed SAILOR MOON SHOW!"

MUSIC: Fanfare!
FX: …immediately followed by the wails and lamentations of damned souls.

Mina: "I say, it's not THAT bad, is it?"
Mmm, is their popularity waning?

FX: Maniacal laughter from various hideous throats.

Artemis: "And you might have seen a horde of demoniacal tumblers, jongleurs, circus freaks, and steaming goons."

Circus Freak #1: "Those foolish humans! They haven't even noticed our contravention of downtown zoning regulations!"
Circus Freak #2: "Yes! These hideous monkey people can't see beyond their own hideously short noses!"
Circus Freak #3: "They take no notice of the world they live on or the things around them!"
I've always loved this bit. Atmospheric, surreal, vaguely creepy, and with what we can probably think of as interesting thematic statements... Though they're vague enough to leave us guessing as to their relevance.

Mistress Zirconia, a natty old witch: "SILENCE!"
Mistress Zirconia: "After ten thousand years, it's time to take over the Earth! …I always wanted to say that."

She really does have a certain Repulsa-ve look, doesn't she?

Tiger: "Karakuriko, my little automatic lemur, quickly retrieve your arms from this chest!"
The name for this season's disposable mooks is generally written as 'lemures,' after the spirits of the dead in Roman mythology. Normally they're singularized as 'lemure,' but a search actually now tells me that it's incorrect, and 'lemur' really is the correct singular for the spirits. Which is all well and good, but now it's making me picture Karakuriko-chan as a mannequin primate from Madagascar...

...with the voice of Bluebottle. Weird, weird image.

Tiger: "Now to look in the mirror, and check this girl's dream for… HIM!"

Artemis: "As what ensues is a horrific and disturbing scene, we shall now take you to a peaceful and charming scene instead."
Yeah. They really aren't shying away on the imagery here -- the forcible violation and pain...

Glad to see this kicking off -- I've been looking forward to this season for a long time now. Especially as its when Ikuhara gets into his most Ikuharaesque mode -- the Greek Circus Chorus is indisputably his signature, for instance.

sun_tzu

Validated User

Woo! More shadowjackery goodness!

...I can't blame anyone for getting confused over Fish Eye's gender. I really really can't. :eek:

Top Bottom