• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIR] Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon Thread 12)

Hilarion

Validated User
Re: Episode #128: Meeting of Fate! The Night Where a Pegasus Flies

Pseudo date-rape and the old classic, the girl-meets-horse romance, yeah. This is supposed to be the lighter, gentler season to recapture the kids audience due to fear that Sailor Moon's original fanbase had aged out of the target demo by the end of S, and some people call this season kiddy, but between the themes and the creepy circus motif I'm not at all sure I'd say that SuperS is more kid-friendly than S.

dyslexicfaser

Validated User

I suppose if we subscribe to the theory about the last few seasons being a metaphor for marriage and raising a child, this would be Chibi's teenage years. Congratulations, your baby girl is now hiding her relationship from you! He's a real stallion, you wouldn't understand, mom.

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User

I suppose if we subscribe to the theory about the last few seasons being a metaphor for marriage and raising a child, this would be Chibi's teenage years. Congratulations, your baby girl is now hiding her relationship from you! He's a real stallion, you wouldn't understand, mom.
well, Pegasus-san does sport an impressive... wingspan.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User

I've already noticed that Usagi's body language around Chibi-Usa this season is a bit closer to "motherly" than "sisterly" than it has been. The mid-episode bumper is very obvious with it.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode #129: Super Transformations Again! Pegusus' [sic] Power

Now with illustrations, to celebrate our breaking of my Photobucket's free download limit!

Within The Big Top
Circus Freak #1: "Tiger's Eye done fucked up!"
Circus Freak #2: "Tiger's Eye done fucked up!"
Circus Freak #3: "Tiger's Eye done fucked up!"
Circus Freak #4: "And boy, is Mistress Zirconia gonna be pissed!"
Zirconia: /grumbles in. "All right, kids, shut it! Get backstage, all of you!"

The assorted freaks, jongleurs, etc. bow, and return to their usual positions upon their usual gigantic columns that retract into the shadows below, leaving the shadows alone to cavort about the now-mostly-floorless main chamber unconstrained by such Earthly foolishness as safety rails. Imagine, these silly humans would actually walk into a bottomless pit without noticing! Ho ho ho! And so on.

Alone At Last
Zirconia: "Don't I wish. All right, Amazon Trio, front and center. And no nonsense about shipping, this time!"

ENTER the Amazon Trio, acrobatically.

Hawk: "So you're preparing us for 1-click shopping?"
Zirconia: "Yes, yes, whatever."
Tiger: "Am I dead?"
Zirconia: "What kind of a villainous monarch would I be if I executed everyone for their first bit of bad luck?"
Fish: "One with a fearsome reputation but poor employee retention."
Zirconia: "Precisely. But don't tempt me overmuch, you silly lot. We can't waste this chance, it only comes every few centuries, and it's step 1 on the old World Domination Plan!"
Tiger: "Is it really?"
Zirconia: /promptly unscrolls Plan, holds it out for them to read.
Tiger: "What do you know, it really is. 'Step 1: Find Pegusus.' Good plan."
Fish: "Isn't Pegasus spelled with an 'a'?"
Hawk: "Why are there all those question marks on Step 2?"
Zirconia: /quickly scrolls up Plan and hides it up her sleeve. "Enough questions! Go do what I pay you for!"

Into the Back for the Brandy
Fish: "What the pay goes for is drinks!"
Hawk: "Since we all receive bed and board anyway."
Tiger: "Bartender, gimme a triple."

Kampai!

Tiger: /weeping in his beer. "I'm a horrible failure!"
Hawk: "Nonsense, dear boy, you're a spectacular failure!"
Tiger: /sloshing booze everyone. "No I'm not! I would have had her were it not for the local forces of law and justice showing up and ruining everything!"
Hawk: "Yes, who could have imagined that someone would try to prevent you from doing things to a young woman simply because you wanted to? Few would accuse you of having been too distracted to prepare for such an unexpected eventuality."
Tiger: /slams down beer. "EXACTLY! Buncha short-skirted distractions…"
Hawk: "My conversational sallies are flying past the audience on this side. What's got you so cross-eyed over there, Fish?"
Fish: /beams. "Found a saddle in the props closet! I'm thinking of switching to an equestrian act once we catch Pegasus."
Tiger: "Oh. My. God. That would be brilliant!"
Fish: "I know, right? Imagine jumping him through a hoop."
Tiger: "A hoop of fire! And you could, like, juggle or something!"
Fish: "Oo! Good idea!"
Tiger and Fish: /squeeeeee
Hawk: "So, how about this for the next target, then?" /holds up photo of a lady equestrian.
Tiger: "Oh, wow, she's HAWT."
Fish: "…"
Hawk: /observes Fisheye's reaction with amusement.
Fish: "…who cares?" /goes to pout two barstools down.
Tiger: "Huh? What's Fisheye's problem? What a strange girl."

Tiger: /looks at subtitles. "Did I just say 'girl'? Am I confused or the subbers?"
Fish: "AS IF you'd care either way!"
Hawk: "Hey, kids, you heard the boss last scene. No nonsense about shipping!"

Meanwhile
The Sailor Scouts gather in the abandoned quarry, I mean, park from last episode, to look over the scene in the cold light of day.

Mina: "Because there just might be something to this intelligent investigation business that cops and reporters do."
Mako: "So what are we looking for?"
Mina: "Clues."
Mako: "Which would be what, exactly?"
Mina: "I dunno, we've only it this way, what, twice? I guess we just roam around until we beat enough wandering monsters or Rei gets a strange feeling or something."
Ami: "I could use my tricorder?"
Mina: "Right, yeah, see, continuity! Ami has a tricorder! Investigation! Interviewing the witnesses! Old Man Withers! All that stuff."
Mako: "What witnesses?"
Mina: "Usagi, this whole plan seems to be implied to actually be your idea for once, help me out here."
Usagi: "The only witnesses we have are us, the villains, what's-her-name, and Chibi-Usa."
Chibi-Usa: "I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BEAUTIFUL HORSES."
Mina: "Well, that's a dead-end if I ever heard one."

Suddenly! The majestic neigh of a beautiful horse.

Chibi-Usa: !!!

Chibi-Usa dashes off. Usagi immediately pursues.

Mina: "See, I knew we'd find something!"

Something
There just so happens to be an equestrian center in this park. Who knew?

Mako: "I gotta admit, I learn more about Tokyo hunting monsters with you guys than I ever did on my own. I love it."
Mina: "Isn't it fun? Who knows what neglected tourist trap we'll find next week?"
Usagi: "Chibi-Usa, I know you're excited to hunt down the amazing tri-optic pegacorn, and we are too, but it might be dangerous, and you need to stay close to me, okay?"
Chibi-Usa: "It only had two eyes! The third one's a jewel!"
Usagi: "Well, at least she pays attention to SOME things."

They all watch the horses and riders for a while. One rider in particular seems strangely familiar.

Mako: "Why, she seems strangely familiar!"
Usagi: "Why, of course! It's… um…"
Mako: "…er… what's-her-name?"
Usagi: "No, that's Motoki's sister."
Mako: "Ami, can we borrow your tricorder a second to look this up online?"
Ami: "It's Reika Nishimura, Motoki's girlfriend, the one who was doing archaeological work in Africa, last seen in episode 29."
Usagi: "Wow, all the way back to season one!"
Chibi-Usa: "I wasn't in that one."
Mako: "Was that the episode where I had the crush? …On Motoki, I mean."
Mina: "Now, guys, Mako's gotten a lot better about the sempai thing, so let's just skip the obvious jokes and move on."
Rei: "That's a very mature thing of you to say, Mina. ¿What's the catch, you expecting Alan to show up again?"
Mina: "No, it's just that considering how many background characters we've stumble-bummed around, I think we should all be on our best behavior if any more of our past victims show up. Heck, we might even see Usagi's parents again one of these days."
Usagi: "Crap."

Reika seems to be having an off day. She and her mount botch a jump, and they both take a spill.

Usagi: "Quick! To the rescue!"
Mako: "Forward!"
Mina: "At last! A plot hook!" /game face=ON.
Rei and Ami: /sigh, shrug, and follow.

We're Helping!
In the spacious lounge of the equestrian center, the girls catch up on old times with Reika.

Reika: "The horse told me I was causing him problems, so I need a break."
Chibi-Usa: "YOUR HORSE CAN TALK?"
Reika: "Of course, of course."
Chibi-Usa: "WOW!"
Reika: "Really, I'm no good when I get all depressed."
Usagi: /Moon Sense Tingling.
Reika: "See, a prestigious university in Europe has offered to support my research, but it's a ten-year commitment. When I told Motoki, he just smiled and said 'great news', but now every time I come to call, he won't see me, and so now I'm beginning to wonder if… if…"

Character via facial reactions:

Makoto's face went sad and serious before Reika even finished the sentence, because she's been through the break-up dance many times before.

Rei and Ami are sympathetically sad as part of general sisterly solidarity, but it's not like they really know the couple.

Usagi is starting to cry, because it's Usagi and love and overflowing sympathy and OMG this is just like that time Mamoru ran off and…

Minako is P.O.'d. And Artemis is groaning inwardly because he knows she's about to do something… impulsive.

Minako and Usagi: /eye contact, sympatico link established.
Minako and Usagi: /muzzle their cats to preempt any attempt to talk them out of this.
Artemis and Luna: ?!
Minako and Usagi: /leap up. "WE'LL HELP YOU!"

Fruit Parlor

Usagi and Minako: "So what's the deal, buddy?! Talk! Talk will you!"
Motoki: "I ain't sayin' anything to you, coppers!" /stomps off.
Usagi: "Clearly, he's hiding something!"
Luna: "Girls, ANYONE would react badly if you butted in like that."
Mina: "But I'm the Goddess of Love! I have, like, a warrant to butt in!"
Artemis: "Do whatever you like, but please, let go of my neck!"

Usagi: "Right, we'll need a new plan to handle this desperate situation. Suggestions?"
Ami: "So, uh, I guess we're not saving the world this week?"
Usagi: "IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT REIKA AND MOTOKI'S LOVE, THE TERRORISTS WIN!"
Ami: /le sigh
Mako: "As the voice of harsh experience here, I feel I should point out that sometimes, well, it just wasn't meant to be…"
Suddenly Unazuki: "Big brother's forcing himself to act like a jerk."
Luna: "I don't know, I feel that acting like a jerk pretty much means one IS a jerk."
Unazuki: "No, I mean—TALKING CAT! TALKING CAT!"
Luna: "For God's sake! Aren't you people used to this yet?!"
Rei: "I'm sorry, Unazuki, you're going to have to let Usagi run on a bit here, she's having emotional flashbacks to when this happened to her."
Unazuki: "OMG! Something happened between you and Mamoru?! When?"
Rei: "Two years ago."
Usagi: "Yesterday."
Rei: /facepalm. "Usagi, I told you on the phone that just because—"
Ami: "She called you, too?"
Mako: /raises hand.
Mina: /raises hand.
Rei: "—he hasn't called you in a day doesn't mean—"
Usagi: "He's left me with the baby again! He doesn't love me!" /makes a scene.
Rei: "Usagi, everyone is staring at us."
Mina: "Where is the baby, anyway?"
Usagi: "LOST FOREVERRRRR…"

Chibi-Usa Isn't Lost, She Knows Exactly Where She Is
Chibi-Usa: "…helping Reika feed the horses!"
Reika: "You like them?"
Chibi-Usa: "It has such a huge face! And such pretty eyes!"
Reika: "I thought we might be the same kind of woman. Shall I teach you more?"
Chibi-Usa: "I get the feeling Shadowjack is regretting making that sort of joke with a child in the scene."
Reika: "And yet he's left it in anyway."
Chibi-Usa: "Maybe if we just go crazy, it will help."
Reika: /her arms held wide. "Horses have the eyes of gods! They are beautiful and pure! With them there are no lies, no falsehoods!"
Chibi-Usa: "Iä iä farrier!"
Reika: "See, everything's better with Cthulhu."
Chibi-Usa: "Are there any kinds of horses with wings, horns, and/or tentacles?"
Reika: "Only in our dreams! Such wonderful, terrifying dreams. And you look so full of dreams, you look ready to burst, little one! Haha!"
Chibi-Usa: "Do you have a dream?"
Reika: "Yes, I do."
Chibi-Usa: "Would you like to talk about it?"
Reika: "Yes, I would. No, I don't. Apparently my dream makes my man miserable, so I can't risk it." /sobs bravely

Tsukino Residence, That Night
Chibi-Usa: "Luna, is Motoki x Reika doomed?"
Luna: "Hard to say. It all depends."
Chibi-Usa: "If you think about it, I'm in a long-term relationship with my parents, and we're doing fine. But Reika and Motoki are all freaked out."
Luna: "Frankly, kitten, I don't know what to tell you, I'm a stressed-out ex-military cat a thousand years in her own future, I have no idea what 'normal' is anymore. Just try to do the best you can, okay, and hope everyone else can work it out."

For Example
Bed time at the Tsukino Residence means millions of hair ribbons. Suddenly! Usagi's telephone rings dramatically.

Usagi: "Yello? MAMORU OH MY GOD WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL??????"

At Casa del Chiba, Mamoru has just had a shower and is sitting around in his bathrobe, ladies.

Mamoru: /toweling off. (on the phone) "Honey, I told you yesterday I was out of town because of school. And I DID try calling you several times, but the line was always busy. Someone was tying up the line with long phone calls all day."
Usagi: "…"
Mamoru: (on the phone) "I mean, what, I can't go off for a single day without you—"
Usagi: (on the phone) "Sailor Moon R. SAILOR MOON R."
Mamoru: /touché. (on the phone) "Um, er, uh… I love you?"
Usagi: (on the phone) "I am high maintenance and I don't care."
Mamoru: (on the phone) "How long are you going to hold that one over me, anyway?"
Usagi: (on the phone) "Seeing as your brilliant future plan to confuse your past self nearly led to us never getting together at all, thus endangering the entire timeline, I imagine quite a while."
Mamoru: (on the phone) "I shall make investments in a series of large but painful couches, then."

Usagi: (on the phone) "Not TOO painful." ;)
Mamoru: (on the phone) "Well, that's a relief." :) "Anyway, I missed a day on the current case, so update me. Any plans to handle this new enemy?"
Usagi: (on the phone) "…I am not at liberty to make any statements involving current or previous investigations." /hangs up quickly.
Mamoru: "…I see she's already studying the art of governance."

Usagi: /rolls around on the bed rapturously. "I got him to say he loves me!"

End Framing Scene
Luna: "So, uh, anyway, no matter who or what you end up with, I recommend trust and clear communication."
Chibi-Usa: "Okay."

The Next Day
Reika is doing even worse than before, and her horse is getting rather fed up with the whole matter.

Reika: "Sorry!"
Horse: "Humph!"

Suddenly!
ENTER Tiger's Eye, mounted, and wearing a fabulous riding costume.

Tiger: "Zounds! I thought Venus herself was riding a horse before me!"
Mina: "Hey! I'm not THAT bad. Okay, I am that bad. My chief failing is that I try too hard."
Rei: "Neither of us is in this scene. ¡Out, out, out!"
Mina: "Hey, no pushing!"
Rei: "Start over."

The Sailors were never here.

Tiger: "…Zounds! I thought Venus herself was riding a horse before me!"
Reika: "Do you usually talk like that?"
Tiger: "Yes. It's my tragic flaw."
Reika: "I've never met a man with a tragic flaw before." /interest=PIQUED

And So
Chibi-Usa decides to drop by…

…and sees Reika chatting with a handsome gentleman WHOM SHE HAS NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

Chibi-Usa: "Huh. Maybe Mako was right."
Luna: "Crap. Oh, well, it's not really any of our busi—"
Chibi-Usa: "Let's get closer so we can spy on that SHAMELESS HUSSY."
Luna: "You really are your mother's child."

The Hussy and the Other One Chat
Tiger: /lends sympathetic ear.
Reika: /tells life's story.
Tiger: /earnestly. "Is there anything I can do to help?"
Reika: /golly, Motoki never said THAT, the big dummy.
Tiger: /muahahahaha! All goes according to plan!
Reika: "Well, I don't know. I need to decide whether to follow my dream and leave people behind, or…?"
Tiger: "Let's do it!"
Reika: "What?"
Tiger: "Chicks dig guys who listen to their problems. I'm a guy, I listened to your problem, so you owe me now. Now, open up, bitch, I don't want to spoil your pretty looks."
Reika: "THIS DEGENERATED QUICKLY!"

CIRCUS QUICK-CHANGE TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE COUNTER
  • Tiger's Eye into:
    • Tiger's Eye: 2

Reika: "Excuse me, I signed up for a cheery children's show where goodies zap baddies, not a grim, depressingly realistic depiction of modern day rape culture. So I'll just letmyselfoutatgreatspeed—"

Tiger's Eye trips up Reika with tendrils summoned from the ground, then efficiently binds her to his magical table. This is not a happy situation.

STARKLY CORUSCANT TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE COUNTER
  • Usagi into:
    • Sailor Moon: 43
    • Second Stage Sailor Moon: 30
    • Cosmic Class Sailor Moon: 22
    • Crisis Mode Sailor Moon: 13+1
    • Princess Serenity: 1
    • Disguise: 10
  • Ami into:
    • Sailor Mercury: 15
    • Second Stage Sailor Mercury: 20
  • Rei into:
    • Sailor Mars: 13
    • Second Stage Sailor Mars: 19
  • Makoto into:
    • Sailor Jupiter: 8
    • Second Stage Sailor Jupiter: 19
  • Minako into:
    • Sailor Venus: 7
    • Second Stage Sailor Venus: 22
  • Haruka into:
    • Sailor Uranus: 9
  • Michiru into:
    • Sailor Neptune: 9
  • Setsuna into:
    • Sailor Pluto: 4
  • Mamoru into:
    • Tuxedo Mask: 2
    • Second Stage Tuxedo Mask: 1
  • Chibi-Usa into:
    • Sailor Chibi-Moon: 9
  • Luna-P into something-or-other: 10

Luna: "We're going to be stuck with the little prancing gradeschooler transformation for a while, aren't we?"
Chibi-Usa: "Wheeeeeee!"

Battle is Joined!
ENTER Sailor Chibi-Moon, dramatically!

Chibi-Usa: "You big jerk! Making the show all serious and disturbing! In the name of the Moon, Sailor Chibi-Moon shall punish you!"
Tiger: "Oh, shit, it's that pumpkin from the other day!"
Chibi-Usa: "What pumpkin?"
Tiger: /quickly retrieves lemure from shadow.
Lemure Kyokumadanko: (irritating voice) "(Enter Kyokumadanko, a pasty white elf in some sort of highly-evolved tribal showgirl costume! Pauses for audience applause, then proceeds. Salutes eagerly.) By my big red fro, I shall serve you, mon Cap-i-tan!"

Tiger: "Keep the kid out of my hair!"
Chibi-Usa: "(Brandishes chibi-wand!)"
Kyokumadanko: "(Brandishes entirely-too-realistic leather bullwhip.) Whip, whippy whip whip!"
Chibi-Usa: !!!

With the Pink Distraction removed, Tiger's Eye sets to a task which he enjoys and Reika does not. But Reika's dream, while beautiful, is not the one he's looking for. He withdraws from the mirror, sighs, and readjusts his fabulous hair. Reika moans, semi-conscious.

Tiger: "Oh, minion!"
Kyokumadanko: /dribbling Chibi-Usa like a soccer ball. "What you want I should do with the chewtoy, Capitan?"
Tiger: "Waste both of them, we're done here."
Chibi-Usa: "…2…1…zero."

Suddenly!
ENTER Sailor Moon, dramatically!

Usagi: "When it absolutely, positively, has to be rescued overnight—it's Sailor Moon! In the name of—"
Tiger: "GAH! Now there's five MORE? Do you pumpkins spore like fungus or what?"
Usagi: "'Five more'? Do they use different numbers on Planet Circus?"
Rei: "No, he counted correctly."
Usagi: "GAH! Where did YOU come from?!"
Rei: "We've just been here all along, but sometimes the script forgets to mention it."
Mina: "Just assume we're in every scene with you in it unless we say otherwise."
Mako: "I'm here, too, by the way."
Ami: "And me! You should be embarassed about that thing you did that we saw."
Usagi: "What thing?"
Mina: "Whatever thing."
Usagi: "Saturn and Neptune aren't hiding behind you somewhere, too, are they?"
Tiger: "I hate it when girls chat among themselves—especially when they don't pay attention to me! Kyookamu- Koum- feh. DANKO-CHAN! Get 'em!"
Kyokumadanko: "Always greet the customers well! Whippy whip whip!"
Rei: "I see now why Planet Circus has turned to crime, if this is your idea of a good greeting."
Ami: "It depends on what the customers are there for. Er, so I've heard?"
Rei: "¡I don't wish to know that!"

Rei leaps forward and unleashes the Burning Mandala upon the incoming lemure. But—completely unexpectedly!—the unexpected demon proves more competent than expected!

Rei: "I expected that. EVERY DAMN YEAR it's the SAME THING. Here we go…"

Kowsem- Kyokam- Danko-chan catches the hoops of fire with her whip, slings them merrily about herself in an intricate juggling routine, then flings them right back at the Sailors, who dive frantically for cover.

Usagi: "How come everything throws back your fire, huh?! They don't throw Mercury's bubbles back at our heads!"
Rei: "¡Adelante! Me culpa de todo, y su madre, también!"

Tiger's Eye applauds and laughs as Danko-chan cheerfully whips the Sailors in circles, chasing them all around the abandoned quarry, yelping and clamoring like dwarves caught by goblins.

Mako: "Aren't we semi-immune to bullets? Why are we running from a simple whip?"
Mina: "It still hurts! OW!"
Kyokumadanko: "Dance! Dance! Dance for Danko-chan! Heeheehee!"
Chibi-Usa: "Oh, Tuxedo Pegasussssss! Help!"

Suddenly!
ENTER Pegasus, dramatically, with swirl of light!

Note: While everyone else is shocked and amazed, Sailor Moon is not. She's carefully, quietly observing this new factor in the game. My, how she's grown.

As Pegasus' light falls upon them, both of the Sailors Moon seem to grow in stature, their uniforms shining and transubstantiating into Grail Princess Mode. The strange new weapon, the un-named sword-sceptre, materializes in Sailor Moon's open hand. She and Sailor Chibi-Moon form up as one. They speak not a word, nor do they hesitate. They have seen too much of this world's suffering to wish to waste any more time on flashy charging dances and spell names. Not when a friend is hurt, and not when this new power made fade at any moment. This ends NOW.

Together, they level the wand at this new and dangerous enemy, and fire.

Kyokumadanko: "You rotten sw—" /explodes
Ami: "That was an amazing shot!"
Usagi: "That was a TERRIBLE shot! We were aiming for the boss!"
Tiger: "Bye!"

EXIT Tiger, via fire escape.

Chibi-Usa: "We need more practice."
Usagi: "I'm afraid we'll get it."

Aftermath
Pegasus swoops past the team, and away, disappearing as mysteriously as he arrived.

Ami: "Well. It's a horse."
Mina: "With flippin' wings!"
Mako: "And a horn."
Rei: "So it does exist."
Chibi-Usa: "And now he's gone." :(
Usagi: "…"

Let's Try This Again
The next day, back at the Fruits Parlor.

Mina and Usagi: "Talk! Talk, darn you!"
Motoki: "Shan't!"
Mina and Usagi: "All right! Time for Good Cop, Bad Cop! Mamoru, we choose you!"
Mamoru: /Good Cop. "Why NOT just tell them, you big dope? Then they'll go away."
Motoki: "I didn't want to overly influence Reika's decision, especially since a glamorous international action scientist like her shouldn't give up her dreams for an unmotivated slacker store manager like me! So I decided that obviously the best solution is to not do anything at all to support her in her moment of emotional crisis, and it's tearing me up inside because of the conflict between my desire to maintain archetypical Japanese masculine stoicism and my desire to bring happiness to the woman I love!"
Unazuki: "Hey, big bro, you ever read 'Bob and George'?"
Motoki: "Oh, man, is that webcomic still online? …She's standing right behind me, isn't she?"
Reika: "Darling! You did care about me! Somewhere in there."

Make-outs ensue. Everyone else decides maybe it's time the café closed early.

And so, Reika finally succeeds at steeplechase, and thus qualifies to enter her career as a glamorous action scientist in Europe. The end!

Denouement
Rei: "'Wheel of Morality, turn turn turn, tell us the lesson that we should learn.' And the moral of today's story is—"
Mina: "'When your boyfriend's being a jerk, don't show any interest in other men, because they might assault you.'"
Rei: "That's a stupid moral."
Mako: "How about, 'Don't be a jerk to your girlfriend, or she might get assaulted by some other man'? No, that sucks, too."
Rei: "¿How about just 'don't be a jerk'? ¿Is that so hard, people?"
Usagi: "Look who's talking!"
Rei: "DIEEEEEEE."
Usagi: "YOU TOOOOOOO."
Ami: "How about, 'Don't try to pull stuff like Tiger's Eye, and chicks with swords won't mess you up.'" /blushes
Mako: "Now THAT'S a moral I can get behind."
Usagi: "It's certainly better than 'Courage Wolf says: Quit your astronaut job, join your boyfriend's wacky cult.'"
Mina: "'Courage Wolf says: Make out with cats you've just met, it's totally okay.'"
Ami: "Say, why couldn't she just fly back to Japan now and then to visit her boyfriend? And we have telephones and e-mail, you know. Do they lock her in a basement at that university? And why did no one suggest that HE might wish to move to Europe with her?"
Chibi-Usa: "Yeah, I was hoping this would end with a wedding proposal!"
Mina: "Aww, that'd be sweet. I totally should have suggested that."
Mako: "You had a plotline like this, didn't you, Ami?"
Ami: "In the end, it was easy: I can go to med school anywhere, but I can stomp monsters only here."
Mako: /:D
Usagi: "Oo, I thought of another moral: 'Talk to each other, goddammit! Also: listen.'"
Mamoru: "Word."
Chibi-Usa: "…"
Usagi: "Yeah, I've certainly learned a lesson about trust and communication this episode, and it is working within me now. I wonder if anyone else around here has learned a lesson."
Chibi-Usa: "I'm going to go feed the horses again."
Usagi: "No, you're not."

Hilarion

Validated User
Re: Episode #129: Super Transformations Again! Pegusus' [sic] Power

Fantastic.

Tiger's Eye is a real piece of work, isn't he? I love the dynamic the Trio has going with each other.

People really don't give a shit about the giant circus, eh? You'd think that, if nothing else, the people who live/work in whatever buildings it displaced would notice.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Tiger's Eye is a real piece of work, isn't he?
And so far, unfortunately all too believable.

People really don't give a shit about the giant circus, eh? You'd think that, if nothing else, the people who live/work in whatever buildings it displaced would notice.
It seems to simply be moored in mid-air above the city, so I guess the buildings are untouched, and people just avoid the Somebody Else's Problem Field around the mooring lines.

Hilarion

Validated User

I just remembered a comparison I always sort of subconsciously made:

Tiger's Eye reminds me of Nephrite from Season 1. It's mostly due to the hairstyle, I think, but there's also the element that they both try so hard to be womanizing playboys while secretly wanting their energy/dreams/whatever.

Xan

Social Justice Worrier
Validated User

It's been so long since I've seen this one that I can't remember if the line describing Fisheye as a girl was a subtitle screwup due to the gender-nonspecificity of Japanese, or actually intentional. If it is intentional then it's likely just Tiger's Eye being a dick.

I dunno, I have observations and opinions about Fisheye to share, but I figure it'd be better to leave them until an episode where the character gets a bit more screentime.

Tiger: "Zounds! I thought Venus herself was riding a horse before me!"
This line is an in-joke, since both Reika and Minako are voiced by Rica Fukami.

It seems to simply be moored in mid-air above the city, so I guess the buildings are untouched, and people just avoid the Somebody Else's Problem Field around the mooring lines.
I definitely thought of the Somebody Else's Problem Field the first time the circus tent was introduced. Also the upside down castle in Utena, and Utena's initial reaction being a kind of "Well, that's a bit weird I guess, but okay."

Man, this whole season is very... Ikuhara. It's weird that he was responsible for S, the story arc most beloved by the fans, but also SuperS and the Black Moon arc of R, which might be considered the least beloved. He's a tough one to figure out. Great legs, though.

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User

It's been so long since I've seen this one that I can't remember if the line describing Fisheye as a girl was a subtitle screwup due to the gender-nonspecificity of Japanese, or actually intentional. If it is intentional then it's likely just Tiger's Eye being a dick
i don't quite see how Tiger is being a dick in that particular scene. Fish does use the feminine pronouns when talking, so "his" buddies calling Fish the gender "he" appears to identify with seemed nice.

Top Bottom