• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Sailor Moon, Part 2!

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Wasn't she also in a uniform when we saw her win the cruise raffle?
Yes, yes, she was. I actually think that was the first heads-up that she was at a different school. (No surprise, since she lived in a different neighborhood, but not represented on screen yet.)

I remember thinking, "Is that a different school, or is that a high school uniform, i.e. Usagi's in 8th grade, Rei's in 9th grade?" I now know it's a different school.

More mentioning that the characters now seem a lot closer to the same age in personality, rather than some still kids, some now teenagers, some vacillating in the middle—which is what almost a year will do for you. I respect a show which makes an effort to get childhood right.

Gargoylewing

flying over a post-factual world
Validated User
Right after the Queen lied dying after watching her daughter die, and sent all people to reincarnate on to the Blue Planet, after seeing Serenity and Endymion fly, in the lower right corner of the screen, amongst the stream of people heading to reincarnate on a small group of islands next to the biggest continent on Earth, you can see someone looking suspiciously like Naru in a ball dress flying onto Earth. :D

At least, if you really want to see her in this, you can see her.;)
I hope Shadowjack will be glad to hear this;).
As funny as this whole "Queen Beryll is Narus Mom" (how did we start this whole thing again?) is, I am not sure how it works. They don´t "transform" like the Senshi do. Is it maybe something like Jekill and Hyde ?
It may work, as
Spoiler: Show
this is exactely the way Tomoe/Germatoid worked, wasn´t it?

So, congratz, Shadowjack, your little meme might not only work fine, it might even survive the next few episodes, if turned right.:)
:D

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'd have to review the thread, but I think it spontaneously formed out of a couple of threads of discussion.

First, Jadeite seemed to have an awful lot of redheaded women as minions, and I suggested that maybe he was subliminating frustrations with Beryl, the most prominent redheaded woman in his life.

Second, there was a running joke about Naru's Mom having disappeared. She gets tied up in the basement in episode 1, and never, apparently, released… where'd she go?

Someone suggested that maybe Naru's mom is Queen Beryl, and that's why she's off-screen so much. (You never see 'em in the same room, right?)

I found the idea insanely amusing, especially because it explains Naru's perpetual hostage syndrome; heir to the throne is gonna be a target, right? And even when not specifically targeted, obviously her dark energy signature makes her subconsciously attractive to monsters. (c.f. Frodo getting grabbed by the Watcher). And the idea of Usagi's mom having a regular mahjong night with her daughter's worst enemy simply sealed it. So I ran with it, laughing maniacally.

I explain it as Beryl having trouble finding a good school in the Dark Kingdom, as her deciding that running a jewelry store is a good cover if you're looking for magic crystals, and as her simply wanting a place to take a break from court politics. That she's planning to conquer the planet eventually is just icing. (She probably has a little notebook; everyone who cuts her off in traffic gets written down…)

The other redhead candidate around was Ms. Haruna, but "my teacher is a demon!" just seemed too obvious, and she fell for too many Dark Kingdom plots for it to work. But "my best friend's mom is a demon!" has managed to work…

And, yes, there's another illustrated recap on the way, before I tackle the ending.

Kreuzritter

Validated User
and as a promo for shadowjack, the finale also features the next two dub image songs

but, in light of the previous episode/usagi and mamoru's inevitable reconciliation, i present the following musical number, sung by the dub actress for Sailor Mars

No-Brand Hero

Heroicus Genericus
Validated User
I hope Shadowjack will be glad to hear this;).
As funny as this whole "Queen Beryll is Narus Mom" (how did we start this whole thing again?) is, I am not sure how it works. They don´t "transform" like the Senshi do. Is it maybe something like Jekill and Hyde ?
They don't transform...that we see. The only non-senshi analogue that we have is Mamoru/Endymion. We see that he is able to transform back and forth from Human-Endymion-Tuxedo Kamen forms with little fanfare, with the actual transformation sequence being played for comedy....speaking of which...

Anyone who hasn't seen it before has to watch THIS. It's the Tuxedo Kamen transformation sequence from the live action series. No spoilers involved, as it's from one of the joke omakes rather than an actual episode.

In any case, we can assume that if the Dark Kingdom folks were transmigrated like the Senshi were, they'd transform just like Mamoru does: Just switching to their Silver Millenium forms at will.

Last edited:

Cruton

Retired User
Anyone who hasn't seen it before has to watch THIS. It's the Tuxedo Kamen transformation sequence from the live action series. No spoilers involved, as it's from one of the joke omakes rather than an actual episode.
Needs to be redubbed with Mars, Bringer of War.

For some reason, it makes me remember an old Ranma/SM/Dragonball crossover where Ranma, Usagi, and Gohan share a house in the Bronx. (They fight crime.) Ranma once asked Usagi why she doesn't even put on shorts or something. She points out that she doesn't actually control her clothing when she transforms. She's tried putting on sweatpants in her transformed state and when she retransforms, they just... vanish. She's not entirely comfortable with the question of where they go.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Needs to be redubbed with Mars, Bringer of War.

For some reason, it makes me remember an old Ranma/SM/Dragonball crossover where Ranma, Usagi, and Gohan share a house in the Bronx. (They fight crime.)
Of course!

Ranma once asked Usagi why she doesn't even put on shorts or something. She points out that she doesn't actually control her clothing when she transforms. She's tried putting on sweatpants in her transformed state and when she retransforms, they just... vanish. She's not entirely comfortable with the question of where they go.
:D Well, there are plenty more uncomfortable questions she could ask Ranma about his transformations, so her problems seem insignificant by comparison.

Perhaps they go to the dimension of lost socks? ("Oh, darn, I had a big pocket full of change the whole time!")

ANT Pogo

Yuki Approved
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Your drawings of Beryl always make me feel funny.

Like when we used to climb the rope in gym class.

Top Bottom