• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Sailor Moon, Part 2!

pijodo

Validated User
Wow, I forgot how cool the final was.

And effectloaded.
;)

And you, Shadowjack, paid it the tribute it deserved.
:cool:

those many eons ago, when the world was new.
You stole that shamelessly from that conversation in the "Clash of the Titans Remake"-thread. ;)

He did clash on fairly even terms with several of the generals when good, so I wouldn't say so.
Well, he used his dexterity, and the moment of surprise (;)), and the fact that they might have been underestimating him at first.
What made him look "stronger": the Energy grip on Sailor Moon, and the Electic roses, were made by the dark energy Metally infused into him.
The deal of the Dark Side:
Join us, we make you stronger beyond your dreams.
The downside is aways a decay of the one infused with the dark energy, physically, mentally, personality wise or in his soul or aura.

On a lighter note:

As Metallia-Beryll shouted something about "I will not be sealed again!" or (dub) it was mentionned the Evil was sealed in "the Negaverse", if we assume only Metallia, as the evil that took over Beryll was banned and sealed away, and Usagi wished a new happy living for "everybody", and we assume we saw Naru flying from the Moon Palace too (I gotta rewatch to see where this should've happened:confused:)) ,
the "meme" that Naru's Mom was the Alter Ego of Beryll , that has now forgotten *everything* too, will, from now on, no longer (if at all) be able to be proven false.
Congratulation, and well done, Shadowjack.
;)

Gargoylewing

flying over a post-factual world
Validated User
Originally Posted by Jhiday

Heck,
Spoiler: Show
the live-action series went there too.
Yeah, but as we all said,
they follow another continuity, and thus, take a completely different POV on the figures

Like Batman: The Brave and the Bold. ;)

You stole that shamelessly from that conversation in the "Clash of the Titans Remake"-thread. ;)
That's the truth.

Mamoru: “This is the story about a girl that was given the power of a hero and a princess. But what does this really mean ? This is what our story is about…”
Sailor V: “Listen to him ! He makes this all sound like some grim Shonen story…
Let me handle this, I am a bit longer in this business than you.”
Mamoru: *Sigh*”here you go, girls…”
V: “Our story actually begins many eons before.”
Ami, V, Rei, Makoto:
“Back when the world was new
The planet Earth was down on its luck
And Metallia’s troops stormed the Moon;
her Gen’rals ran amok.”

Ami: “It was a nasty fight.
Beryl casted spells;
The palace went down !”
Ami, V, Rei, Makoto:
“Then Chaos subdued us,
Shenshis, Prince an’ Princess lay dead down.

And all thus saw the Queen.”
V. “Her Silver Crystal used – “
Ami, V, Rei, Makoto:
“It zapped”
Rei: “Beryll, Metallia in the Dark...”
Ami, V, Rei, Makoto:
“Both trapped!”
Makoto: “And on her own saved…”
Ami, V, Rei, Makoto:
“Planets, Moon and Earth !
And that's the gospel truth -
The Queen gave her live, granted them rebirth !”

And all the souls were saved !
Fresh lives they had.
They lived their fine youth.
Though, honey, it may seem imposs'ble
That's the gospel truth

On this Earth their life was neat and
Smooth as sweet vermouth
Though, folks, it may seem imposs'ble
That's the gospel truth"

:D

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
Thank God. I've infected someone else with it. Now I'm not alone. :D
In return for that infection, let me pass on one or two of my own:

Sailor Peanuts.

Sally Brown: Sailor Moon.
Marcie: Mercury.
Lucy van Pelt: Mars.
Peppermint Patty: Jupiter.
...Never managed to find a really satisfying fit for Minako. Frieda? The Little Red-Haired Girl?
Linus van Pelt: Blanket Mask! Armed with +3 security blanket snapping and an inspiring Bible quote for any occasion.

Snoopy and Woodstock as the Lunar advisors. Or maybe Snoopy as Nephrite. "Here's the world-famous Dark Kingdom General selecting a new victim..."

For the Generals: Pig-Pen as Jadeite (dunno why, it just slipped in there and seems right somehow), Schroeder as the live-action version of Zoisite (he played the piano all the damn time), the Red Baron for Kunzite... an army of kite-eating tree youma... and, of course, a trombone as Queen Beryl. :)

And for my next trick, Rei Hino steals the spotlight as Sailor Barsoom in Edgar Rice Burroughs' A Senshi of Mars! In full Red Martian dress no less. ^.^ (Let me see... Sailor Amtor... can't remember what the people from The Moon Maid called the Moon... Mercury never got any screen time... and poor Makoto gets stuck as a Skeleton Woman from Jupiter.)

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
For Peanuts, an easy pick for Metalia: World War II, the scariest cat in comics history.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
In return for that infection, let me pass on one or two of my own:

Sailor Peanuts.

Sally Brown: Sailor Moon.
Marcie: Mercury.
Lucy van Pelt: Mars.
Peppermint Patty: Jupiter.
...Never managed to find a really satisfying fit for Minako. Frieda? The Little Red-Haired Girl?
Linus van Pelt: Blanket Mask! Armed with +3 security blanket snapping and an inspiring Bible quote for any occasion.

Snoopy and Woodstock as the Lunar advisors. Or maybe Snoopy as Nephrite. "Here's the world-famous Dark Kingdom General selecting a new victim..."

For the Generals: Pig-Pen as Jadeite (dunno why, it just slipped in there and seems right somehow), Schroeder as the live-action version of Zoisite (he played the piano all the damn time), the Red Baron for Kunzite... an army of kite-eating tree youma... and, of course, a trombone as Queen Beryl. :)
BWA BWA BWA BWA BWA BWA.

As the guy who's drawn Peanuts Evangelion (and, some day, will draw more), I applaud this wholeheartedly. Well cast! :D

Minako as Violet, I would say. Not perfect, but suits.

Especially since I described Naru on first appearance as a "girl with naturally-curly red hair." (And, honestly, I could see Frieda and the older-aged version of Sally getting along well.)

I firmly believe that the Little Red-Haired Girl should always remain off-stage, so I tend to leave her out of castings.

And what! No Charlie Brown? How about we make him Kunzite? In the biggest fight of his entire career—he chokes.

"Blanket Mask!" Tee hee. :D

And for my next trick, Rei Hino steals the spotlight as Sailor Barsoom in Edgar Rice Burroughs' A Senshi of Mars! In full Red Martian dress no less. ^.^ (Let me see... Sailor Amtor... can't remember what the people from The Moon Maid called the Moon... Mercury never got any screen time... and poor Makoto gets stuck as a Skeleton Woman from Jupiter.)
Not necessarily a bad thing if we change that to Fritz Leiber's curvaceous skeleton women. (Just because you can't see the curves doesn't mean they aren't there…)

And Endymion came from Pellucidar.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
BWA BWA BWA BWA BWA BWA.

As the guy who's drawn Peanuts Evangelion (and, some day, will draw more), I applaud this wholeheartedly. Well cast! :D
The parallels just don't stop, do they? :)

Nifty!

Minako as Violet, I would say. Not perfect, but suits.

Especially since I described Naru on first appearance as a "girl with naturally-curly red hair." (And, honestly, I could see Frieda and the older-aged version of Sally getting along well.)

I firmly believe that the Little Red-Haired Girl should always remain off-stage, so I tend to leave her out of castings.

And what! No Charlie Brown? How about we make him Kunzite? In the biggest fight of his entire career—he chokes.
I tend to think of Chuck in the Naru role, actually. All that frustration energy should be easily tappable...

Not necessarily a bad thing if we change that to Fritz Leiber's curvaceous skeleton women. (Just because you can't see the curves doesn't mean they aren't there…)
Mako-chan as a Nehwon ghoul? I suppose the image of a skeleton in a filled-out fuku must be someone's fetish... ^.^

And Endymion came from Pellucidar.
Exactly! Forgot to mention Loincloth Mask. :D

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Bump, to relay an amusing event my brother passed to me:

Whilst at work, he overhead some girls in the store talking, and his ears pricked up when he heard the phrase, "…and Queen Beryl is on the warpath."

Actively eavesdropping now, he realized that they were calling one of the girls "Molly." Since he'd just read part of this thread over my shoulder, he had to ask. "Pardon me, ladies, I couldn't help but overhear—"

Turns out, for years now, this circle of friends has had a running Sailor Moon in-joke. Her name is indeed Molly, and she is indeed a redhead, and when younger apparently bore a strong resemblance to the character Molly/Naru. As her mother is prone to severe mood swings, they adopted this shorthand to refer to Molly's mom, so they'd know whether it was safe to go over to her house or not:

On a good day, Molly's mother is "Ms. Osaka." On a bad day, Molly's mother is "Queen Beryl."

Clearly we weren't the first! :D

Top Bottom