• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Sailor Moon, Part 2!

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
Probably might be a few other references in there.
The biggest one left is Carcosa and the Lake of Hali; from The King in Yellow by Robert W. Chambers, later assimilated into the Cthulhu Mythos. (Also, for the pedantic win, Chambers borrowed the place names "Carcosa," "Hastur," and I think maybe "Hali" from short stories by Ambrose Bierce.)

(Yes, Hastur is a place. Blame August Derleth for getting it and so many other things wrong, even as you praise him for popularizing Lovecraft's work.)

Radio Free Ruritania

WWSWLiHND?
Validated User
I really should have chosen one of the other Sailors to turn into Prince Vultan, as I don't have a talent for drawing talent.

EDIT: Since I have also neotenised her face I am going to pretend that it was meant to be a chibi of Princess Vultan, the Senshi of Love and Over-acting.

Last edited:

Tinkerbell

Validated User
Yeah, SuperS isn't horrible. It suffers a lot from the comparison from the season that came just before (and was much better), and the focus on the series' equivalent of Scrappy Doo didn't help (though that character had actually become quite tolerable by SuperS).

SuperS is, in many aspects, the diametrical opposite of S (though some trends actually continue from one to the other). Hence the big backlash from the fanbase.
There was no 'big backlash from the fanbase' in general regarding SuperS when it actually first was shown, IIRC - Some people liked it, others didn't.

I never had any problem with SuperS. This probably has a lot to do with the fact that Chibi-Usa was always one of my favorite charactors in Sailor Moon, though.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It did, I think, have lower ratings. But yea, it wasn't a big deal, it just has less in retrospect.

Knightsky

Making wizards funky again
Validated User
Is it wrong of me that, when I needed to find this thread on a friend's computer, instead of searching for 'RPG.net' or 'Sailor Moon' or 'Shadowjack', I instead Googled 'goddamn princess wand'?

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Is it wrong of me that, when I needed to find this thread on a friend's computer, instead of searching for 'RPG.net' or 'Sailor Moon' or 'Shadowjack', I instead Googled 'goddamn princess wand'?
I've become fond of that turn of phrase myself. :D

CynoT

Nuclear Energy Advocate
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Wait, this subforum is members only. How can this thread get indexed in Google then? Quick, some tech-savvy people, explain to me how spidering works!

Top Bottom