• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Sailor Moon R (thread 4 of a continuing series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
That ? No, only the related vids are (of course) highly spoilerrifiy.
I extra looked that there is no spoiler in the seramyu video I linked...because I know how sensitive ppl here react about it...
*checks it out*

Well, I was aiming more for floppy forage cap than straw hat, but that's close enough. :)

But that can't be Ami's choice of clothing. That dress actually looks reasonable.

JeanneHedge

Validated User
*goes off and finds a few clips… listens carefully several times with eyes closed…*

…Is that the voice of Linna Yamazaki? Nnnnno. Not quite. Nope, can't identify her.

*looks it up*

Damn it, it was her! Ah, so that's our Rei, eh? "¡In the name of Santa Maria, a hammer blow of righteousness to all injustice!" :cool:
She came out of retirement just to play Roberta. Then retired again.

Let's see. What else?

C-ko from Project A-ko. Man, I haven't seen that in a billion years; I barely remember any of it. And, oh, hey, Doris from Vampire Hunter D. The lady with the whip. I always thought Doris must be related to the Belmonts, you know?
Know who else you would recognize if you had Project A-ko handy to listen to? B-ko's voice actress. She was played by Emi Shinohara, known around these parts as Makoto "Jupiter" Kino. It was her official debut role.

An even earlier character you might recognize Tomizawa playing was Jeanne Francaix in Southern Cross (aka Dana Sterling in Robotech). Not her debut part, but a very early one.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm continually amused to see how many folks were in Legend of Galactic Heroes. (Yet another thing on my list of wanna-sees.) They really did cast just about everyone for that, didn't they? :D Just like those old Hollywood epics…

dshaffer

Pervy Catgirl Fancier
Validated User
Considering how big the cast list for LotGH is? I started worrying that they'd run out of decent VA's at one point.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode #64: In Search of the Silver Crystal! Chibi-Usa's Secret.

AND NOW, LEONARD NIMOY
"This series presents information based in part on theory and conjecture. The producer's purpose is to suggest some possible explanations, but not necessarily the only ones, to the mysteries we will examine."

DARK OMEN
The Dark Omen girls are primping and preening in front of their favorite mirrors.
Berthier, the blue: "Ze weather iz too hot!"
Petz, the green: "So I vas zinking of trying this gothic look for this quarter…"
Berthier: "Oo la la! Très admirable! I must borrow some time!"
Calaveras, the red: "I reckon this look'll knock the boys daid. What do you think, Koan?"
Koan, the purple: "I think your makeup is too thick for your compwexion, and you should adjust it."
Calaveras: "If I wanted yah opinion, I'd'a axed for it, youngest sister! And what's with that there outfit in this heat? You got yesself a rash? Ashamed to show a li'l skin?"
Koan: "YOU SUCK."
Rubeus /just dropping by. "Now, now, sisters shouldn't fight, and we haven't time for fashion criticism. Especially not when I've got a plan to lure out the Rabbit."
Berthier: "Oh? Is it good?"
Rubeus: "Of course it's good! Though it's a little brute force. Remember the psychological profile: she's terrified of lightning and thunder."
Koan: "…so am I."
Rubeus: "Really terrified."
Petz: "Aha! I see perfectly, dahlink! If ve drum up schtorm, she may be so afraid that Rabbit vill reveal her energy. I haff just the Droid for this."

AND SO, OUT OF A CLEAR SUMMER'S DAY
Petz touches her sigil and calls forth Furaiki, a blue-skinned unicorn babe armed a hair-dryer, a drum, and a pair of cattleprods for drumsticks.
Petz: "Ve seeking the Rabbit! Arise storm! North vind blow! South vind blow! Hurricanes! Typhoons! Earthquakes! SMOG!"
Furaiki starts drumming.

Radio /BEEEEEEEEEEP. "This is an official emergency alert. Metropolitan Tokyo is receiving a thunder-and-lightning storm of tremendous proportions, with winds up to 30 kph, and stronger gusts expected. A small craft advisory is in effect. A flash flood warning has been issued for the following districts…"

TSUKINO RESIDENCE
Enter Usagi, dripping.
Usagi /dripping. "MOM! MOM! MOOOOOOM!"
Luna: "…She's not here, remember? She was spending the day shopping with friends—"
Usagi: "Oh, right. Yeah. But then who's going to get me a towel?!"
Luna /carefully stands out of arm's reach.
Usagi: "Oh, come on, and get cat hair all over me? Look, I can't walk around the house like a wet T-shirt contestant. Although I do have the—"
Luna: "No, you don't."
Usagi: "Towel."
Luna: "No point. You've gotta go pick up Chibi-Usa from swim practice, and you'll just get wet again."
Usagi: "…but…"
LIGHTNING FLASH! THUNDER CRASH!
Usagi: "…it's scary and dangerous out there! This is no time to send a kid out on the street alone!"
Luna: "…"
Usagi /realizes what she just said. "…frell. All right, where's my slicker?"

JUBAN ELEMENTARY, IN WHICH CHIBI-USA FINALLY EARNS SOME RESPECT
Most of the kids have been picked up by their parents… but a few remain, waiting for the late-comers.

Little Kaoru: "WAAAAAAHH!"
Little Yoshio: "WAAAAAAHH!"
Chibi-Usa: "We've gotta be brave, guys! Our families will be here soon!"
Kaoru's Mom /walks up. "Kaoru! Momma's here! Are you ready to go?"
Little Kaoru: "Momma! Momma!"
{Kaoru and her Mom have left the scene.}

WINDS ROAR! RAINS POUR!
Little Yoshio /sniff sniff sob.
Chibi-Usa: "Don't be afraid! We're safe here! I'm sure it won't be long now!"
Yoshio's Dad /drives up. "Hey, Yoshio, sorry Daddy was late! Hurry up and climb in!"
Yoshio: "Yay! Daddy!"
{Yoshio and his Dad have left the scene.}

LIGHTNING! THUNDER! RAIN! WIND!
Chibi-Usa: "…"
Chibi-Usa: "…"
Chibi-Usa: "I WANT MY MOMMY AND DADDY!!!" :( :( :(

OUT ON THE STREETS
Usagi runs along, looking surprisingly grown-up in her slicker.
Usagi /chanting softly to self. "'Mister Lightning, please don't flash. Mister Thunder, please don't rumble. Mister Light—'"
Usagi: "AAAAAAAGH! I WANT MY MOMMY AND DADDY!"
Usagi: "Shit! Shit! Gonna get electrocuted! Gonna get blown under a bus! Gonna get drownded!"
Usagi: "Okay, here's the school. Big sister face: ON."
Usagi: "Chibi-Usa! Chibi-Usa! Usagi's here! Time to go home!" :)
Usagi: "Chibi-Usa?"
Usagi: "…"
Usagi: "Oh, please don't tell me the little spore did not try to walk home in this weather by herself…"

TWENTY MINUTES LATER, TSUKINO RESIDENCE
Shingo /playing Alien v. Sailor Moon, and he's just gotten to the Mount Rushmore level.
Phone rings.
Shingo /dies once.
Phone rings.
Shingo /thinks he's got the boss pattern down now.
Phone rings.
Shingo /dies twice.
Phone rings.
Shingo /obviously, this controller is broken. That time wasn't my fault.
Phone rings.
Shingo /has the hang of it now.
Phone rings.
Shingo /just a little more. Yeah, he's on a roll now.
Phone rings.
Shingo /got him! Now—
Phone rings.
Shingo /"NOOOOOOOO! Come on! The bullets still kill you after the boss is dead?! WEAK!"
Phone rings.
Shingo: "WORST GAME EVER! I will only play it… one more time today. Really. This is the last—"
Phone rings.
Shingo /sighs and picks up the phone. "Tsukino residence."
Usagi: (via telephone) "OMG Shingo is Chibi-Usa there?!"
Shingo: "…no?"
Usagi: (via telephone) "Well she's not here!"
Shingo: "Then you need to go look for her!"
Usagi: (via telephone) "WHAT DO YOU THINK I'VE BEEN DOING?! Look, why don't you come help—?"
Shingo: "What? You want a little kid like me to go out in this storm? You're crazy." /hangs up. "I'm not going out there!"
Luna /is also warm and cozy just now. "You tell her, kid."

CUT TO: THE PHONE BOOTH
Usagi: "…Ladies and gentleman, my brother. Always sticking up for little girls… until it involves effort on his part. Sigh."
Usagi: "I guess I just need to work my way down the route home, and think like a scared little kid."
WINDS ROAR! RAIN POURS!
Usagi /two feet high, all of a sudden. "…easy enough…"
Usagi /running. "Chibi-Usa!"
Usagi /running.
Usagi /running. "You know, with any luck, any moment now I'll—"
Usagi /trips over Mamoru.
Usagi: "I knew I could count on you!"
Mamoru: "Get off of me!"
Usagi: "I need your hel—"
Usagi and Mamoru /instinctively clutch each other for protection.

Pause.

Mamoru: "…Let go."
Usagi /listening, counting the seconds. "Sshh!"
Mamoru: "Let go, please."
Usagi /irritated. "Don't get excited!"
Mamoru: "…being held by you isn't quite enough to get me excited."
Usagi: "SO SORRY, SWEETHEART! We haven't got TIME for anything else! Chibi-Usa's missing."
Mamoru: "What, AGAIN?!" /man of action. "Right, I'll take that side of the street and you can take this side. We'll switch at each corner so we don't get slack. Don't worry, we're sure to find her okay."
Usagi: "…"
Mamoru: "…what?"
Usagi /shakes head and smiles. "Nothing. Let's go."
Mamoru: "…This doesn't mean anything, you know."
Usagi: "No, of course not."
Mamoru: "I mean, it's not like I—"
Usagi: "Sure. I believe you."
Mamoru: "I wouldn't want to give—"
Usagi: "Oh, of course. No."

A NEARBY CAFÉ
Makoto: "I love a good rainstorm."
Ami: "Me too."

Companionable silence.

Makoto: "…Hey, look, it's the Dynamic Duo! I thought they were having a fight, but they seem to getting along just fine."
Ami: "Yeah! That's a pleasant surprise. I guess Mamoru got his head together, finally."
Makoto: "Well, sometimes it takes a person a while to say what's on their mind…" ;)
Ami: "Touché. :) …Man, they're in a hurry, wherever they're going."
Makoto: "Well, not everyone likes rain."
Ami: "So few really understand it."
Makoto: "Just what I was thinking!"
Ami: "You know, just the other day, I—"
Rei /just coming in. "¡Hola, chicas! This is a surprise. ¿What are you two doing here?"
Minako /just coming in. "And with Ami not buried in a book? Will wonders never cease?"
Ami /blushes and scoots back over. "Er… what? Er… I mean…"
Makoto /irritated. "What are you doing here?"
Rei: "Got caught in the rain, bumped into Mina outside. ¿Mind if we join you?"
Minako: "I had a craving for a parfait, and this is the only place close by with good ones. Oh, waiter!" /sits down without asking.
Ami /fumbling with books. "Same with us! Yes! I was going to study physics, and geography, and, um… math, and… um… physics… and…"
Makoto: "Just sheltering from the rain."
Minako: "Funny coincidence, isn't it? I guess we just think alike sometimes."
Rei: "Not for the first time, even. I guess we're fated to wind up in the same places together."
Makoto: "…whether we want to or not."
Rei: "¿How's that?"
Makoto /Subject-Changing Prana. "Say, did you see Usagi passing by, a moment ago?"
Minako: "Must have missed her. She'll probably come back this way, though, if my theory holds true."
Rei: "FEH. ¡That good-for-nothing! She's the exception to every rule. ¿Why would we even want her to? ¡I sure don't care!"
Minako /?
Makoto /?
Ami: "…still in a bad mood, dear?"
Rei: "¿WHAT MAKES YOU SAY THAT?"

DOWNSTAIRS, JUST OUT OF SIGHT
Chibi-Usa huddles from the rain and watches kids pass with their Mommies and Daddies.
Chibi-Usa: "I give up. I don' wanna do this any more."
Chibi-Usa /takes Luna-P, and punches up a commcode.
Chibi-Usa: "Puu, I wanna go back to where Mama is!"
Puu, a voice on the comm: "Usagi, you've got to be strong—"
Chibi-Usa: "I wanna use the Key and go back to where everyone is because here everyone's weird and I don't know anyone and the rain isn't on the calendar and the buildings don't look right and the food is funny and I'm cold and wet and I miss Mommy and Daddy and I wanna go home, Puu!"
Puu: "It's true the Key lets you travel through time, but it's dangerous to use it so much. I know it's hard, Usagi, but we need the Silver Crystal to save your Mom from the bad guys."
Chibi-Usa: "But—"
Puu: "Hang in there. Be brave. One day, the bad guys will be gone, and it'll be all happy again. You'll see. You have to believe, Usagi." /hangs up.
Chibi-Usa: "B-B-B-BUT—"

All this time, Petz has had Droid Furaiki methodically quarter the city with lightning bolts, to ensure a solid search pattern. A really BIG ONE goes by RIGHT OVERHEAD.

Chibi-Usa /!!!!!!!!!!
Chibi-Usa /panics, screams, runs inside the building. "WAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!"
Chibi-Usa /grabs the Key. "I WANNA GO HOME! I WANNA GO HOME!"
{The Key shines!}
Chibi-Usa /?!

GRADUALLY!
Effulgent tines of rainbow energy appear in the air throughout the building. They spark, first like Wintergreen lifesavers chewed in a darkened room, then intensely, rapidly, crystallizing into a vibrant network of force that makes the very air shine. A tremendous push comes from below.

Screams and shouts throughout the building, as everything and everyone is pushed into the air.

Chibi-Usa /screams in incoherent terror.
{Chibi-Usa's caste mark shines!}

SUDDENLY!
A pillar of light erupts between Earth and sky, visible from all about the city.

Petz: "Perfekt! Furaiki, go!"

UPSTAIRS, IN THE CAFÉ
Everyone is now free falling. So is everything that wasn't nailed down, making for a horrible, dangerous mess. Fortunately, the initial push wasn't terribly forceful, so all the broken glassware, spilled liquid, etc. is moving slowly.

Waiter: "Help!"
Rei /somehow ended up near the ceiling, and under Minako's dress. "WHAT. THE. HELL."
Minako /kicks, thrashes. "Pervert! Get outta there!"
Rei /drifts away. "¡I didn't do it on purpose! ¡As if I would!"
Minako: "Why, what's wrong with me?"
Ami /ecstatic. "Fascinating! We appear to be experiencing complete microgravity conditions inside the building, but I observe no changes outside the building. I wonder what the radius of effect is? I wonder what the source is? This would have tremendous applications for spaceflight—"
Minako: "Is this really the time for science, Ami?!"
Ami: "It's always time for Science! How does everyone feel? Are you experiencing strange effects?"
Rei: "…I think I'm gonna be sick."
Ami: "Oo! SAS! Can anyone reach my notebook?"
Minako: "Can anyone reach a bag? I've already got ice cream all over me, I don't need—"
Makoto: "I see one. Hang on, Rei!" /orients herself, pushes off the ceiling, and skims along the floor towards her target.
Rei: "Ugh. ¿To what?"

DOWNSTAIRS, IN THE LOBBY
Freefall conditions down here, too.

Chibi-Usa: "What happened?!"
Droid Furaiki /smashes through the glass doors with a grin and a scream.
Chibi-Usa /!!!
Droid Furaiki /shoots lightning at Chibi-Usa.
Chibi-Usa /uses Luna-P as a propulsion unit and zooms away.
Chibi-Usa: "Fast, Luna-P! Go FAST!"

UPSTAIRS
Enter Chibi-Usa, pursued by lightning.

Waiter: "What the heck?!"
Everyone else: "Chibi-Usa?!"

Enter the Droid, who is cheating and using magical reactionless propulsion.

Waiter: "WHAT THE HECK?!"
Everyone else: "DROID!"

DOWNSTAIRS
Usagi /just happening by. "…What happened to these doors?"
Screams, zaps, etc.
Usagi /dashes into the building. "This looks a job for—"
Usagi /thrashes as she pitches off the ground, bounces off the front desk, and narrowly avoids some splinters of broken glass.
Usagi: "—for someone who can fly! What is going on?!"
Usagi /thrash thrash panic thrash bounce thrash.
Usagi /calms down.
Usagi /tries to swim.
Usagi /discovers that you can't exactly "swim" in air.
Usagi /takes off her slicker and throws it the other way.
Usagi /galoshes, too.
Usagi /has just enough impetus to reach the desk again.
Usagi: "This is ridiculous. I hope Sailor Moon has Moon Jets, to go along with those Moon Skates."

STARKLY CORUSCANT TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE COUNTER
Usagi into Sailor Moon: 43+12
Usagi into Princess Serenity: 1
Usagi into Disguise Form: 9
Ami into Sailor Mercury: 15+1
Rei into Sailor Mars: 13+1
Makoto into Sailor Jupiter: 8
Minako into Sailor Venus: 7
Mamoru into Tuxedo Mask: 2
Luna-P into Something-or-Other: 3

UPSTAIRS
The Droid has been busily thrashing everyone in the room with wind, lightning, and thunder.
Droid Furaiki: "BWAHAHAHAHA!"
Usagi: "HOLD IT R—"
Usagi /sails past the door.
Usagi /catches the door jamb and pulls herself into the doorway, upside-down but in control.
Usagi: "HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!"
Waiter: "HELP!"
Droid Furaiki /electric crackle crackle.
Usagi: "I paid my gravity bill this month, damn it! And who, may I ask, is going to pay the bill for all the damage caused by your flooding and lightning strikes? Not to mention all the auto accidents, slipping accidents, and the psychiatric counseling required for the thousands of traumatized children and brontophobes! Who? That's right, the noble citizen taxpayers of Tokyo! I am Sailor Moon, and for this indiscriminate weather, I will punish you!"
Chibi-Usa: "…'Sailor Moon'?" /stares.

BATTLE IS JOINED!
<< Droid F uses Blower! >>
< Usagi is flung into a wall! >
Rei: "¡AAH! ¡Sailor Moon!"
Usagi: "Okay, now I'm mad."
<< Droid F uses Electric Chair Symphony! >>
< Usagi is hit! …and stunned. >
Usagi: "Okay, now I'm just numb…"
Rei: "¡¿Why aren't you fighting back?!"
Usagi: "I can't reach her, she's got thrusters!"
<< Droid F readies cattleprods… >>
Minako: "I've got a crazy idea! Why don't we try to save her?"
Ami: "Ix-nay on the Ailor-Say!" /nods head toward the Waiter.
Minako: "…Fuck him! VENUS PO—"

SUDDENLY!
Enter Tuxedo Mask, dramatically, armed with +3 blessed throwing roses.
<< Mamoru : Cast > PierceThorn : Droid F >>
< Droid F is hit! >
< Drum destroyed! >
Usagi: "Thank you, Tuxedo Mask! Right on time."
Chibi-Usa: "'Tuxedo Mask'?" /stares.
Mamoru: "If there's one thing I can't stand, it's an endless drum solo. Seriously, who do you think you are, Animal from The Muppet Show? He's way cooler than you'll ever be."
Usagi: "…You can do better than that, Tux."
Mamoru: "So I'm a little tired, today! I'm off my game… You! Hold still!"
<< Mamoru : Cast > ThornSpread : Droid F >>
< Droid F dodges! >
< Droid F dodges! >
< Droid F dodges! >
< Droid F dodges! >
Mamoru: "Can you reach her now?"
<< Usagi : Cast > Halation : Droid F >>
< Droid F is flung out the window! >
< Droid F is eliminated! >
Mamoru: "That's a 'yes.'"
Usagi: "Yes!"

OUTSIDE, IN THE SUDDEN SUN
Petz /catches the broken Droid crystal. "Damn!"
Berthier /pops in. "Oh, dear. It appears you 'ave failed."
Petz: "THANK HYU I VAS AVARE OF THAT MISS SEWENTEEN MINUTES."
Berthier: "Pardon! But what are you going to do now?"
Petz: "…I am not goink to fight in that strangeness in there. Are hyu?"
Berthier: "Non! Certainly not!"
Petz: "Then I shall withdraw to fight another day." /pops out.
Berthier: "Petz, wait for Berthier!" /pops out.

AFTERMATH
Mamoru: "Excellent work as always, Sailor Moon. And now—"
Exit Tuxedo Mask, dramatically, with swirl of—
—he slips, trips, and flails into the middle of the room.
Mamoru /trapped in cape. "MMMFF MMFFFF FFFM FMMFM!"
Sailor Moon: "Please don't laugh, everyone. It's not his fault."
Makoto: "I'm trying not to, okay? I'm trying!"
Sailor Moon: "Why is the gravity still off? I just nailed the monster."
Chibi-Usa: "I'm sorry."
Ami: "You caused this?"
Chibi-Usa /concentrates upon the Key, and gently lowers herself to the ground.
Ami: "Uh-oh. Hang onto something!"

CRASH! Everyone falls to the floor.

Ami: "—not to each other."
Minako: "Now she tells us. Oof. Please get off of me, everybody."
Makoto /leaps up and seizes Chibi-Usa. "This key! What the heck is this? What did you do?"
Chibi-Usa: "Lemme go! I just wanted to go back home…"
Rei: "¿Where is 'home'?"
Chibi-Usa: "Where my Mommy and everybody else is, duh!"
Ami: "Where is that, honey?"
Makoto: "Where did you come from?"
Waiter: "What in God's name is going on?"
Chibi-Usa /clams up.
Sailor Moon: "Chibi-Usa."
Chibi-Usa /!
Sailor Moon /sweet, kind, and forthright. "If you tell me honestly, I will do everything I can to help you, upon my honor as a Sailor Warrior. Won't you please tell me?"
Chibi-Usa /finds her voice and manner hauntingly familiar.
Minako: "Please, Chibi-Usa, there's been so much going on that we really need—"
Mamoru: "ALL RIGHT THAT'S ENOUGH! That's enough. Everyone has things they don't want to talk about. If she doesn't want to talk, she doesn't want to talk. Let her alone, now."
Chibi-Usa /finds his voice and manner hauntingly familiar.
Sailor Moon: "But, Tux—"
Chibi-Usa: "Tuxedo Mask!" /desperately needs a hug from someone.
Mamoru /kindly, protective hug.
Sailor Moon: "…Honestly."
Mamoru /shrugs.

DENOUEMENT
The storm clouds are parting, and the sun is returning. And Tuxedo Mask is walking a little girl home.

Random Passerby /stares.
Usagi: "It's for a movie, it's for a movie. Don't worry about it."
Random Passerby: "Oh. Okay?"
Chibi-Usa: "I'm singing in the rain! I'm singing in the rain! I'm singing in the rain! I'm singing in the rain!"
Mamoru: "Are you sure those are all the words?"
Chibi-Usa: "Yup!"
Mamoru: "Okay."
Usagi: "…I am so jealous of her right now."
Rei: "Well—"
Usagi: "No, it's okay, it's okay. He almost makes her look cute." :)
Minako: "He is good with kids, isn't he? Hmmm…" /thoughtful expression.
Usagi: "Hey, now. It's way too soon to think things like that. Come on."
Makoto: "Well, I'd better get going. Now that the rain's passed over and all."
Ami: "Yes. Walk you to your bus stop?"
Makoto: "Naturally!"
Chibi-Usa: "Tuxedo Mask! Lookit! Lookit the rainbow!"
Mamoru /lookits.
Everyone else /also looks.
Usagi: "…My. Now that's a beautiful one."
Rei: "Guess we got something good out of those monsters, for once." ;)
Usagi: "And won't they be pissed to know that!"

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: Episode #64: In Search of the Silver Crystal! Chibi-Usa's Secret.

Petz, the green: "So I vas zinking of trying this gothic look for this quarter…"
[...]
Calaveras, the red: "I reckon this look'll knock the boys daid. What do you think, Koan?"
Continuing the "stones" theme naming, Petz takes her name from Petzite, while Calaveras takes hers from Calaverite.

Calaveras is voiced by Akiko Hiramatsu, whom you should know better as Nene Romanova from Bubblegum Crisis. (She also played Ms Yukari in Azumanga Daioh.) She already had a minor role in the first season as the Castor youma from episode #21.

Petz is voiced by Megumi Ogata, who played tons of other roles, the most famous one probably being Shinji Ikari. She's already had a few minor roles this season (including the cardians for episodes #47 and #54).

Rubeus /just dropping by. "Now, now, sisters shouldn't fight, and we haven't time for fashion criticism."
Rubeus: "Why don't we rather have an orgy ?"
All four sisters: "..."
Rubeus: "Okay, not in the mood. Let's do something else for now."

(Come on, I can't be the only one thinking that Rubeus is clearly enjoying his little harem...)

Usagi /two feet high, all of a sudden.
The sudden jumps into half-SuperDeformed animation really are not helping setting the mood.

Ami /fumbling with books. "Same with us! Yes! I was going to study physics, and geography, and, um… math, and… um… physics… and…"
Thank you for making this scene much better than the original. Gods, Ami's one-note characterization is getting really annoying.

Rei: "FEH. ¡That good-for-nothing! She's the exception to every rule. ¿Why would we even want her to? ¡I sure don't care!"
Gasp ! Rei's been infected too ! It's spreading !

Puu is voiced by Chiyoko Kawashima - who, unless Shingo or Ms Haruna have much more hidden depths than we've thought until now, is now pulling triple duty on the show.

GRADUALLY!
Effulgent tines of rainbow energy appear in the air throughout the building. They spark, first like Wintergreen lifesavers chewed in a darkened room, then intensely, rapidly, crystallizing into a vibrant network of force that makes the very air shine. A tremendous push comes from below.
Caution. The Key is not to be used inside buildings. Various undesired side-effects such as gravity loss, glass breakage, and Droid appearances might otherwise ensue. Nausea, grievous bodily harm and possible capture by the forces of evil are to be expected.

Do not taunt the Key.

Chibi-Usa: "…'Sailor Moon'?" /stares.
Wait, is this really the first time Chibi-Usa sees Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask ? What about episode #60 ? Was she unconscious the whole time ?

Because the other Sailor soldiers are contractually obliged to be absolutely useless in at least half their appearances this season, it seems.

Erm, yeah, that rainbow bit was a bit random, wasn't it ?

Ouch, not really a good episode, was it ? It tries to build a menacing mood... and absolutely fails because of false notes like the exaggerated slapstick humour, and the very annoying Droid of the Week.

Worse, it starts the trend of R episodes failing to deliver on their promises. Case in point : in this episode, Chibi-Usa does absolutely nothing to search for the Silver Crystal, and steadfastly refuses to reveal any of her secrets. That's a bit of a cheat, to say it lightly.

We do get drip-fed some sparse new information (such as the existence of someone named Puu who guides Chibi-Usa from afar, a few details about the Key, and the names of the last two Phantom Sisters), but that's too little to satiate our appetites.

Alas, this is a good example of R's stop-start pacing. If the Black Moon were serious about capturing the Rabbit, surely they would deploy more forces than this ? It's not as if the three other Phantom sisters are doing anything...

This storyline isn't really suited to an episodic format, and it's starting to show...

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Rubeus: "Why don't we rather have an orgy ?"
All four sisters: "..."
Rubeus: "Okay, not in the mood. Let's do something else for now."

(Come on, I can't be the only one thinking that Rubeus is clearly enjoying his little harem...)
Oh, he totally is. He wanders around the place so casually…

The sudden jumps into half-SuperDeformed animation really are not helping setting the mood.
Well, I meant metaphorically, but…

Thank you for making this scene much better than the original. Gods, Ami's one-note characterization is getting really annoying.
I figured if they're gonna be boring, I'll amuse myself with a little 'shipping. :D

Puu is voiced by Chiyoko Kawashima - who, unless Shingo or Ms Haruna have much more hidden depths than we've thought until now, is now pulling triple duty on the show.
"USAGI! Pay attention! I'm from the future!"

…oh, wow. I love it!

"Usagi! Usagi!" Ms. Haruna runs up in an outlandish costume.
"What is it, Ms. Haruna? Er… I mean, Mamoru and I were going to go out for a spin, and—"
"Then bring him, too! This concerns both of you! We've got to go back—back to the future!"
"What's wrong with us in the future? We turn into assholes or something?"
"No, no, you're fine—it's your kids, Usagi! We've got to do something about your kids!"
"…Ms. Haruna, we don't have enough road to get up to 88."
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need… roads." ZOOOOOM!!!

Wait, is this really the first time Chibi-Usa sees Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask ? What about episode #60 ? Was she unconscious the whole time ?
My thoughts exactly. Didn't she see them before? But I think you're right and she was unconscious from Koan's Dark Fire burst. Yes, that's right, she was semi-conscious when Tux picked her up back then, but stayed asleep all the way home.

Ouch, not really a good episode, was it ? It tries to build a menacing mood... and absolutely fails because of false notes like the exaggerated slapstick humour, and the very annoying Droid of the Week.

Worse, it starts the trend of R episodes failing to deliver on their promises. Case in point : in this episode, Chibi-Usa does absolutely nothing to search for the Silver Crystal, and steadfastly refuses to reveal any of her secrets. That's a bit of a cheat, to say it lightly.

We do get drip-fed some sparse new information (such as the existence of someone named Puu who guides Chibi-Usa from afar, a few details about the Key, and the names of the last two Phantom Sisters), but that's too little to satiate our appetites.
Oh, I dunno, I kind of liked it, though. Much better than the last one, anyway. Very good atmospherics with the rain, having to cope with weird magical side effects, and finally an actual reason to sort of like Her Pinkness. (Her trying to cheer up the other kids when she's terrified herself is admirable…)

Alas, this is a good example of R's stop-start pacing. If the Black Moon were serious about capturing the Rabbit, surely they would deploy more forces than this ? It's not as if the three other Phantom sisters are doing anything...
That I'll grant you.

The Dark Kingdom's piecemeal attacks made sense to me, because it felt like they were new to the territory and were still feeling things out themselves. Each attack was a risky expenditure of horded energy upon experimental efforts in unscouted enemy territory. Here, though, it's clear this crew has at least studied maps of the area, isn't dealing with a such a huge culture gap, and has a pretty clear idea of what they're trying to accomplish.

Maybe there's something to the Rubeus fivesome theory, after all. ("Shouldn't we be moving more quickwy, Wubeus?" "We've got a time machine—we have all the time in the world. Another round, my dear?")

Cruton

Retired User

"Shouldn't we be moving more quickwy, Wubeus?" "We've got a time machine—we have all the time in the world. Another round, my dear?"
That depends entirely on what rules of time travel they employ.

"Rubeus, sweetie, honey..... Why the hell can't we write like normal people anymore?!"

Gargoylewing

flying over a post-factual world
Validated User
Ah well, it looks like someone actually know their Einstein; and some don´t.
(Space-Time, anyone?)
Oh, I dunno, I kind of liked it, though. Much better than the last one, anyway. Very good atmospherics with the rain, having to cope with weird magical side effects, and finally an actual reason to sort of like Her Pinkness. (Her trying to cheer up the other kids when she's terrified herself is admirable…)
Yeah.:)
Here, though, it's clear this crew has at least studied maps of the area, isn't dealing with a such a huge culture gap, and has a pretty clear idea of what they're trying to accomplish.
It woulod be a lie that there is no culture gap, tho.
But yes, General Rubeus seems really competent at Magical Warfare, which I like...

Rubeus: "Of course it's good! Though it's a little brute force. Remember the psychological profile: she's terrified of lightning and thunder."
Koan: "…so am I."
Rubeus: "Really terrified."
Petz: "Aha! I see perfectly, dahlink! If ve drum up schtorm, she may be so afraid that Rabbit vill reveal her energy. I haff just the Droid for this."
"And so, when SusAnoo brings forth storm and clouds, Raijin follows him playing the drums, which is the thunder."
I like this.
Little Kaoru: "WAAAAAAHH!"
Little Yoshio: "WAAAAAAHH!"
Chibi-Usa: "We've gotta be brave, guys! Our families will be here soon!"
Chibiusa really saws some hope here. On an Elementary School level, tho.
Usagi /running. "You know, with any luck, any moment now I'll—"
Usagi /trips over Mamoru.
Usagi: "I knew I could count on you!"
Mamoru: "Get off of me!"
It really happens reliably often.:)
Usagi: "SO SORRY, SWEETHEART! We haven't got TIME for anything else! Chibi-Usa's missing."
Mamoru: "What, AGAIN?!" /man of action. "Right, I'll take that side of the street and you can take this side. We'll switch at each corner so we don't get slack. Don't worry, we're sure to find her okay."
Yeah, really a Deja-Vu again, here...
Makoto: "I love a good rainstorm."
Ami: "Me too."
Sure, those two do...:p
Rei: "Got caught in the rain, bumped into Mina outside. ¿Mind if we join you?"
It really, REALLY happens reliably often...
Ami /fumbling with books. "Same with us! Yes! I was going to study physics, and geography, and, um… math, and… um… physics… and…
Yeah. Keep on trying, Sj.
Chibi-Usa /takes Luna-P, and punches up a commcode.
Chibi-Usa: "Puu, I wanna go back to where Mama is!"
Yeah, Puu s here !:cool:
*Makes the Puu-has-arrived dance, before realizing something like that shamefully does not exist yer*
Chibi-Usa /grabs the Key. "I WANNA GO HOME! I WANNA GO HOME!"
{The Key shines!}
Chibi-Usa /?!
Golden keys are no red shoes, sadly...
A tremendous push comes from below.[/i]
No push, Gravity just ceased. Gravity is the field in Space-time every object produces. Space-time distorted, gravity ceases. gladly the effect only had the size of a city block, or the problem with air in a gravityless surrounding would have sprung in...
Makoto: "I see one. Hang on, Rei!" /orients herself, pushes off the ceiling, and skims along the floor towards her target.
I *LOVED* Mako trying to swim down in gravityless air. Never give up, Mako-chan.:)
Ami: "Ix-nay on the Ailor-Say!" /nods head toward the Waiter.
Minako: "…Fuck him! VENUS PO—"
This at least would be an explanation...
Petz: "…I am not goink to fight in that strangeness in there. Are hyu?"
Berthier: "Non! Certainly not!"
Maybe outfit-oriented sisters were not quite the right candidates for this team...if it weren´t to find one/fight again a bunck of, schoolgirls.
Yeah...
Our conflict disciplines our hearts
my ass...
Mamoru: "Excellent work as always, Sailor Moon. And now—"
Exit Tuxedo Mask, dramatically, with swirl of—
—he slips, trips, and flails into the middle of the room.
Mamoru /trapped in cape. "MMMFF MMFFFF FFFM FMMFM!"
Sailor Moon: "Please don't laugh, everyone. It's not his fault."
It is like the scene where he is shown hiding in an elevator till the others are gone: It shows that his perfectness is nothing but rehearsed and acted, and that, deep inside, he is still a normal guy playing the hero safing in the last second.:p
Chibi-Usa /concentrates upon the Key, and gently lowers herself to the ground.

CRASH! Everyone falls to the floor.
Funny bit too, that of course the recomming gravity let´s the responsible person get ellegantly to the floor, everyone else jus' drops...
Mamoru: "ALL RIGHT THAT'S ENOUGH! That's enough. Everyone has things they don't want to talk about. If she doesn't want to talk, she doesn't want to talk. Let her alone, now."
Here, although, I guess Mamo-chan keeps his idiot (pipe) hat on. After the appearance of monsters, enemies, and now finally the CANCELLING of the gravity, I guess the Guardians of this place really can expect an explanation, even if they have to be unfriendly to a kid for it...
Mamoru /lookits.
Everyone else /also looks.
Usagi: "…My. Now that's a beautiful one."
Rei: "Guess we got something good out of those monsters, for once."
Usagi: "And won't they be pissed to know that!"
I guess after an episode of rain and thunder the writers just wanted a REALLY peaceful ending to the episode.
Shadowjack said:
"…oh, wow. I love it!"
Ad righteously so !
*Goes back to the "Puu"-dance*

OK, admit it, Shadowjack, at the beginning of the episode you thought this would be where we see a new "control point", or learn Jupiters new attack.;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom