• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Sailor Moon R (thread 4 of a continuing series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shay Guy

Validated User
Actually, it's made a pretty strong resurgence in at least one fandom.

Zutara
Oh, c'mon. That's as easy to find on BitTorrent for the remotely-interested as anything. Are there really a lot of people in A:TLA fandom who've never seen an episode? I mean, yeah, Standardized Fanon Portrayals have developed nonetheless, but I'd think most people would be somewhat familiar with the canon, even if it distorts itself in their minds.

Though the number of people who oppose Maiko would seem to suggest that lots of people haven't read the post-season 2 comics.

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when I fall down an open manhole and die."
Isn't that "when you fall down an open manhole and die?"

Cruton

Retired User
Oh, c'mon. That's as easy to find on BitTorrent for the remotely-interested as anything. Are there really a lot of people in A:TLA fandom who've never seen an episode? I mean, yeah, Standardized Fanon Portrayals have developed nonetheless, but I'd think most people would be somewhat familiar with the canon, even if it distorts itself in their minds.
You'd think that, but there really are people in the Deviant Art communities who draw Zutara art and don't really know or care where the characters are from. It's become a kind of pop motif -- there's this Japanese guy with fire powers and this Inuit girl with water powers and they have angry sex. I've talked with more than one Zutara fan who had no idea the two were from anywhere.

HeWhoSpeaksOfDarkness

Banned
You'd think that, but there really are people in the Deviant Art communities who draw Zutara art and don't really know or care where the characters are from. It's become a kind of pop motif -- there's this Japanese guy with fire powers and this Inuit girl with water powers and they have angry sex. I've talked with more than one Zutara fan who had no idea the two were from anywhere.
That is both horrible and awsome.

Peter Svensson

Reads Too Many Comics
Validated User
One thing that came to mind today was this, when Usagi fought Metallia/Beryl she invoked Moon Healing Escalation. She wasn't trying to destroy her, just to cleanse her of evil energies. Well, that's pretty much all Metallia is...

beowulf8989

Right Pinky of Annoyance
Validated User
there's this Japanese guy with fire powers and this Inuit girl with water powers and they have angry sex.
My god, its perfect...

There's a aqua-transexual, and this the heir to a dojo and they have angry sex.
There's a magic girl with a cannon, and this magic girl with a scythe and they have angry sex.
There's this cat eared dog-boy, and this arrow wielding schoolgirl and they have angry sex.
There's this aryan looking ninja, and this fucked up eye ninja and they have angry sex.
There's this pirate made of rubber, and this woman who tuns people into stone and they have angry sex.
There's this monkey-man from another planet, and this chick who's like a princess or something and they have angry sex.
There's this bunny haired girl that shoots hearts, and this tuxedo guy who throws roses and they have angry sex.

Or wait, maybe non-cannon stuff fits better. Still...

Cruton

Retired User
"Usagi" and "angry sex" just don't fit into the same thought. She'd start crying half-way through because Mamoru's face was so scary and he'd spend the rest of the night consoling her with cocoa and a DVD of My Fair Lady.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
My god, its perfect...

There's a aqua-transexual, and this the heir to a dojo and they have angry sex.
There's a magic girl with a cannon, and this magic girl with a scythe and they have angry sex.
There's this cat eared dog-boy, and this arrow wielding schoolgirl and they have angry sex.
There's this aryan looking ninja, and this fucked up eye ninja and they have angry sex.
There's this pirate made of rubber, and this woman who tuns people into stone and they have angry sex.
There's this monkey-man from another planet, and this chick who's like a princess or something and they have angry sex.
There's this bunny haired girl that shoots hearts, and this tuxedo guy who throws roses and they have angry sex.
Well, that's lemon fic for you.

Davies

Validated User
Which one is this? Shizuru has a poll arm but its not a scythe I don't think..what other magical girls with cannons are there?
I think it's supposed to be Nanoha. I don't buy it, though. However, I suspect that's because I think Fate got all the angry sex she could ever want before she met Nanoha, and so prefers a gentler touch.

Yes, I do mean that. Yes, my head is not a nice place.

Chris Davies.

Stephen Lea Sheppard

Be seeing you
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think it's supposed to be Nanoha. I don't buy it, though. However, I suspect that's because I think Fate got all the angry sex she could ever want before she met Nanoha, and so prefers a gentler touch.

Yes, I do mean that. Yes, my head is not a nice place.
SO HORRIBLY TRUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom