• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Sailor Moon R (thread 4 of a continuing series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shay Guy

Validated User
Re: Episode #72: Cold-Hearted Rubeus! The Four Sisters of Sorrow.

My high school physics teacher was very explicit on the point that the only thing in the universe which truly sucks is a black hole. Vacuums do not suck; atmospheres blow.
Don't all objects with mass do that? Just none as much as a black hole?

Peter Svensson

Reads Too Many Comics
Validated User
It is worth noting that this was the final episode of Sailor Moon that aired in North America for THREE YEARS. Yep. That was the cliffhanger. "Serena's Sailor Moon and she's got the Crystal!"

They made their quota of 65 episodes for syndication, and no one thought the show would perform well enough to justify more. They were wrong.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Don't all objects with mass do that? Just none as much as a black hole?
Technically, yes, but not into the absolute depths of inescapable suckage.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It is worth noting that this was the final episode of Sailor Moon that aired in North America for THREE YEARS. Yep. That was the cliffhanger. "Serena's Sailor Moon and she's got the Crystal!"

They made their quota of 65 episodes for syndication, and no one thought the show would perform well enough to justify more. They were wrong.
Bwahahaha!

Oops.

"Hey, boss, you know that show we bought from the Japanese?"
"Which one?"
"This one."
"Oh, that thing. Yeah?"
"It's doing well."
"Well…*good."
"No, I mean, it's doing well. Really well."
"Uh. Oh? Oh!"
"Yeah."
"Why the hell didn't you mention this sooner?"
"You were in a meeting."
"For two whole seasons?"
"Apparently."
"…Remind me to fire my secretary. Well, I don't see a serious problem, here! Simply buy more of that show, then!"
"Yeah, see, there's some problems with that, boss—"
"Don't bother me with details!"

Gargoylewing

flying over a post-factual world
Validated User
I heard there was something with SM in North America, but that...
I mean, they were 135+ Episodes wrong...!
I know that due to episode rearrangement in NA, it cannot even be said which episode is meant with 65, right ?
"Dispute Over Love!", or "Sibling Rivalry" / "Cold-Hearted Rubeus! The Four Sisters of Sorrow" ?
OK, there were even better episodes for a cliffhanger than both those, but still...
That sucks.

BTW, yeah thanks Sj, as Jhiday PMed me already, and now I was able to watch it, we finally worked that out...:D

Davies

Validated User
The situation was probably more complicated than that, but at this late date, it really doesn't matter ... I suspect that a key factor was less the success of the show than the failure of the merchandising.

Chris Davies.

anowack

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Is this where the "Save Our Sailors" group came into being, or was that during the wait for the third season?

ANT Pogo

Yuki Approved
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think it was around this time. And while I know that the last few episodes of R didn't get dubbed with the rest of the season, they didn't actually get broadcast in the US until much later (though Canada got 'em quite a while before we did). They were called the Lost 11 or something similar, for that reason.

As I recall, it wasn't until the rebroadcasts of the show on Cartoon Network's "Toonami" bloc (where, I swear to god, the promo tagline was "All girl action!") that interest in the show picked up enough for the S and SuperS seasons to get a dub, and the "missing" R episodes were shown on Toonami for the first time in the States after the S and SuperS dubs were announced.

Last edited:

Knightsky

Making wizards funky again
Validated User

and the issue of societal opinion is being completely ignored because everyone's gay in Tokyo.
There's an episode fairly early on in season 3 that you're going to have to heavily re-write. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom