• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW] Sailor Moon R (thread 4 of a continuing series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcfiala

Code Monkey
Validated User
It was ... reasonably okay. However, I remember it as the start of the barrage of licensed products that, I'm pretty sure, ended up killing Guardians of Order, so I have mixed feelings about it.

Chris Davies.
Eh, I don't think it was the licensed products that killed Guardians of Order - IIRC, the sudden change in exchange rates was a big factor in it. Although I still don't entirely 'get' some of the choices they made.

OBThread: I'm really enjoying this thread. It's really fun watching ShadowJack encountering how the series goes on.

anowack

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I believe that there was a Sailor Moon CCG also! I seem to recall themed character decks, and that each player played both a Senshi and the monsters attacking the other Senshi, since of course it didn't make much sense for the Senshi to be fighting each other.

There may have been an expansion covering this season, actually, but my already fuzzy memory grows even fuzzier on that.

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
Eh, I don't think it was the licensed products that killed Guardians of Order - IIRC, the sudden change in exchange rates was a big factor in it. Although I still don't entirely 'get' some of the choices they made.

OBThread: I'm really enjoying this thread. It's really fun watching ShadowJack encountering how the series goes on.
The Sailor Moon RPG was their second product ever, from 1998 (and they went out of business in 2006). So indeed, they did well with licenses for many years.

The SM RPG had a mildly disturbing example of original characters in a Sailor Moon campaign: Chad/Yuuchiro gaining the ability to transform into a female senshi. He's no Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki...

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
I believe that there was a Sailor Moon CCG also! I seem to recall themed character decks, and that each player played both a Senshi and the monsters attacking the other Senshi, since of course it didn't make much sense for the Senshi to be fighting each other.

There may have been an expansion covering this season, actually, but my already fuzzy memory grows even fuzzier on that.
Correct! The expansion was called "Past and Future," covering themes from the Silver Millenium and Crystal Tokyo.

ANT Pogo

Yuki Approved
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Sailor Moon RPG was their second product ever, from 1998 (and they went out of business in 2006). So indeed, they did well with licenses for many years.

The SM RPG had a mildly disturbing example of original characters in a Sailor Moon campaign: Chad/Yuuchiro gaining the ability to transform into a female senshi. He's no Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki...
To be fair, that wasn't the only original campaign suggestion in the book.

My favorite was the Children of Mercury, where all the player characters were descendants of Ami Mizuno and that psychic boy from the one Rainbow Crystal episode in the first season.

JohnBiles

Validated User
To be fair, that wasn't the only original campaign suggestion in the book.

My favorite was the Children of Mercury, where all the player characters were descendants of Ami Mizuno and that psychic boy from the one Rainbow Crystal episode in the first season.
Urawa Ryo.

I liked that one too.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode #73: A UFO Appears! The Sailor Warriors are Abducted.

CHIBI-USA
Chibi-Usa stands upon the dock where she entered this time, and gazes into the waters, as the autumn leaves blow about her.

Chibi-Usa: "She can't be. Stupid Usagi can't be the amazing Sailor Moon. And the others—the Sailor Senshi?!"

SPECIAL FLASHBACK STARKLY CORUSCANT TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE COUNTER
Usagi into Sailor Moon: 43+20
Usagi into Princess Serenity: 1
Usagi into Disguise Form: 9
Ami into Sailor Mercury: 15+5
Rei into Sailor Mars: 13+6
Makoto into Sailor Jupiter: 8+5
Minako into Sailor Venus: 7+5
Mamoru into Tuxedo Mask: 2+1
Luna-P into Something-or-Other: 5

YOU SAW IT YOURSELF, KID
Chibi-Usa: "They just can't be!"

MEANWHILE, IN THE DARK OMEN
Rubeus /is busily scanning the city. "Okay, this time! This time for sure I'll nail her. Now that I have no distractions—"
A Mysterious Voice /merrily. "That's not what you used to call me!"

Suddenly! The transport mirrors illuminate, and out of the green light…

CUE THE SAXOPHONE
Out of the green light and back into my life stepped a pair of legs that could make a eunuch grow a pair of regrets. I'd never expected to see those legs again, and—when I was sober—hoped that would be the case. Above those perfect pillars she wore a dress so tight that it reminded me why, when I wasn't sober, I sometimes thought otherwise. After the legs and the body, that the face—framed as always by sea-green hair—was beautiful, was merely to be expected. If I hadn't known that smiling face like I had, my heart would have danced like Gene Kelly at the thought that it was me who had encouraged that smile. But to me, who did know, that smile could only mean one thing: trouble.

"Esmeraude," I said.

She turned the warmth of her smile up to where it could melt lead, and fanned it away from herself. "Rubeus. Long time no see."

I growled something polite, and turned back to the viewer. I felt her arm brush mine, smelt her perfume, as she moved beside me. She leaned forward just far enough and peered over the city below. "So, this is the famous Tokyo of the 20th-century? Why, it's just a tiny mess of concrete blocks." I thought for a few breaths about another time, and another mirror, and another man.

"They seem to like it," I said.

She seemed to think very deeply about that. "I wonder if I will."

"You planning on moving in? Concrete tenements were never your style."

"That's so true, my dear," she said, "but orders are orders." And then she looked at me, to make sure that I knew what she meant. And I knew, in that moment, that I'd have to play out the game her way, or it might go much worse for me.

"What do you mean, orders?"

"Oh, haven't you heard?" She turned from the panel and strolled about the chamber, booted legs scissoring with a carefree step. Those eyes that never forget took in every feature of my modifications to the ship. Carelessly: "You're being relieved of your command. Effective tomorrow—"

She smiled over her shoulder, icily, at the quaint vulgarism I let fall.

I hissed, "Our Prince has always had complete faith in my abilities."

"He must have, to have forgiven so many failures." She tapped the control screens, delicately, skimming through system reports with each gentle touch. "The Four Phantom Sisters—'missing in action.' Not a single crystal point measurably affected. And you haven't even located your targets—"

I interrupted again, "I know the precise identity of the holder of the Silver Crystal."

She glanced up from the logbook display. "And now so do I. Those little blondes are always so troublesome, don't you think? It's a wonder you're still alive."

I took a certain number of steps forward and stood, loosely. "These muscles aren't for show, Esme. Nor is my mark."

Her eyes didn't change expression, at all. "If you think I'm lying about my orders, you can speak with His Serene Highness yourself." She smiled, pityingly. "If you can look him in the face."

She didn't stay long. The rest of the conversation was just words.

TSUKINO RESIDENCE
Usagi: "I'M HOO-OOOOOOOME!"
Mom: "Hello, dear! How was your—?"
Usagi: "Sorry! Big hurry! Gotta get to a meeting bef—"
Chibi-Usa /stares.
Usagi /halts and stares back.
Chibi-Usa /STARES.
Usagi: "You know what? Whatever it is, I don't mind." /ruffles Chibi-Usa's hair affectionately and hurries on.
Usagi /changes in five seconds flat and is already out the door. "KAY MOM LOVE YOU BUH-BYE!" /whooooooooooooosh.
Mom: "…well, she is at that age…"

BRIEFING AT THE SHRINE
Artemis: "It's time for this week's invention exchange."
Ami: "Mina and Mako have got ours this week. Mina?"
Minako: "Remember the Pop-O-Matic dice roller from Milton Bradley's game Trouble? Applying high technology to the issue of keeping the dice on the table—and it's fun, too! Well, why not apply that all-time generator of random fun to other popular games, to make them that much better?"
Makoto: "How about a rousing game of Pop-O-Matic poker? No need to mess about with shuffling cards—randomization guaranteed!" /pops the button, cards shoot into the air and flutter down everywhere.
Minako: "Or a miniature figure tabletop wargame, with Pop-O-Matic combat results?" /reveals tabletop with a mix of Napoleonic soldiers, WWII tanks, and three identical Gandalf figures. "Not sure whether or not you blew up this a unit? Simply Pop—" /one of the Gandalves is destroyed, paint job and all. "—and it's resolved!"
Makoto: "And now Rei here will demonstrate our Pop-O-Matic futbol bubble—"
Rei /muffled. "Get me OUT OF HERE."
Minako: "What do you think, cats?"

Luna: "What a senseless waste of time. Show the girls what we've been working on, Artemis."
Artemis /drags in a horde of frantic ROUSes, and pulls down a tarp to reveal an intricate structure.
Luna: "We've also been looking at ways to reinvent popular boardgames. So I thought, since live-action roleplay is all the rage these days, why not combine the two? Today's demonstration: Live-Action Mouse-Trap!"
ROUS #2: "Help! Mercy!"
The Diver: "Yo! How you doin'?" /cheesy grin, adjusts goggles.
Luna /chuckles. "We've already set up the trap ahead of time, to give you an idea of how it works. Simply turn the crank—"
Artemis /tries, and fails, to turn the crank.
Luna: "Turn the crank— Artemis!"
Artemis: "Trying!"
Luna: "Ohhhh— FINE! I'll help you here—" /struggles to assist.
The crank snaps off.
Luna and Artemis /try turning the wheel by hand.
The trap starts to engage, and then the bowling ball-sized marble jumps off the ramp and hits the Diver in the head. He flips over in place and collapses.
Artemis: "…Oops. Well, at least it's perfectly true to the spirit of the original!"
Luna: "Artemis, you realize I'll have to kill you now."
Artemis: "Oh, poopie."

Luna: "Okay, girls, your mission this week is—"
Usagi /stumbles in, breathless. "—LAAAAAAATE sorry 'bout that. What'd I miss?"
Minako: "The debut of the Pop-O-Matic—"
Usagi: "AW NUTS." :(
Rei: "…you didn't miss much…"
Artemis: "Ahem. UFO sightings are up dramatically over the city this week—"
Ami: "—an occurrence we believe attributable to enemy activity."
Usagi: "Uh-oh. We'll have to start doing CAP in our invisible jets, and I haven't practiced."
Artemis: "…Invisible… jets?"
Usagi: "Yeah. This is going to majorly cut into my free time."
Luna: "Invisible jets?"
Minako: "We have invisible jets? Awesome."
Makoto: "Wait, really?"
Usagi: "Well, I assume so. Between the five of us, we've got all of Wonder Woman's other tricks."
Luna: "We do not—"
Ami: "That is true. And from what little I remember, it would have been easily within the ability of Lunarian technology—"
Makoto: "How come you cats never told us about this? I've been missing out."
Rei: "First I've heard of it. I'm not sure I like the concept."
Usagi: "Oh, it'll be fun! You can be my wing-man."
Luna: "WE DO NOT HAVE INVISIBLE JETS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF AIRCRAFT."
Usagi: "How do you know?"
Minako: "Maybe you just haven't found them yet."
Luna: "…"

Usagi: "Since Luna's not talking for some reason, can I have some of these cookies?"
Makoto: "Dig in. I made plenty."
Ami: "Invisible cookies?" ;)
Usagi: (mouth full) "Well, they are now—"
Luna: "ENOUGH! Our current mission is to protect Chibi-Usa!"
Rei: "¡Damn right!"
Minako: "Thoroughly, and at all times!"
Usagi: "No matter the cost! TO THE DEATH! (If necessary…)"
Rei: "¿…really, to the death? ¿You mean that?"
Usagi /genuinely puzzled. "…Do I often say things I don't mean?"
Ami: "It is true that reticence is not among Usagi's many qualities."
Rei: "I just had the impression you didn't like her much."
Usagi: "Piffle! I like the Spore very much! So the bad guys don't get her. That's a Royal Command, neh?"
Minako /salutes. "Eh!"
Ami: "I would like to raise some criticism of the, er, 'first draft' watch schedule you've presented."
Usagi: "Hm? What's the matter with it?"
Ami: "Well, for starters, there are twenty-four hours in a day…"
Usagi: "Oops."

TSUKINO RESIDENCE
Chibi-Usa: "Yay! Pancakes for lunch! Ikuko-Mama, why are you making so many?"
Mom: "Well, you never know if Shingo or Usagi will want some, too—"
Dad: "—do I smell pancakes?"
Mom: "Aren't you supposed to be at work?"
Dad /snags a plate, makes a hasty retreat.
Mom: "…And we can freeze the rest in case we need a snack and don't have time to make something new!"
Chibi-Usa: "Wow, being a mom is a tough job, isn't it? You always have to think ahead."
Mom: "It certainly is."

This episode was brought to you by the Mother's Council of Japan. Call your mother today! She worries.

Chibi-Usa: "Ikuko-Mama, I often dislike Usagi's behavior and it would much simpler for me if I could 'hate' her unreservedly. And yet I observe that you love her unconditionally despite her character flaws, and since I have come to love and respect you, perhaps you can help me to understand. Also, as I unconsciously recognize similar flaws in my own behavior, I am secretly concerned that you feel the same way about me as I do about Usagi."
Mom: "This is what every loving mother in the world goes through, but it is the nature of the job: to love the child despite their problems, to help them grow to overcome them, to protect and care for their needs present and future. A mother loves her kids more than anyone else."
Chibi-Usa: "Wow." /suddenly feels sad.
Mom /mothers are frequently psychic. "—and I love you, too, honey, as if you were my one of my own kids!"
Chibi-Usa: "Thank goodness I'm too young for that statement to make me feel guilty for having brainwashed you! YAY!"
Mom: "And I'm certain your mom—er, whatever her name is?—feels the same way, dear. Sometimes we have to do things to help others that make them feel sad, but it all works out in the end."
Chibi-Usa: "I'm going to willfully misinterpret that statement now."

•*AND SO
Chibi-Usa /picks the lock on Usagi's room.
Chibi-Usa: "WHAT A HORRIBLE MESS."
Chibi-Usa: "…but there's the brooch on her bed."
Chibi-Usa /!
Chibi-Usa: "There's the brooch! SHE LEFT IT BEHIND?! But it's got her Sailor powers and the Silver Crystal and everything! IS SHE NUTS?!"
Chibi-Usa: "I am now on the horns of a dilemma."
Chibi-Usa: "On the one hand, I am desperately lonely in a foreign land. My strongest wish is to be with my loving Mommy and Daddy again. I believe the Silver Crystal can grant this to me. It would be the work of a moment to steal the Silver Crystal right now and take it home to Mommy. I dislike Usagi for being older, bigger, and happier than me, and this would give me a cheap thrill of power over her. And Ikuko-Mama has inadvertantly provided me with easy justification."
Chibi-Usa: "On the other hand, Usagi is Sailor Moon. I deny it, but I'm lying to myself and know it. She uses this power to help people. She's used it to help me, many times, even after I was mean to her. She's promised help me again and my mother. In fact, she's probably the one person in the world who knows how best to wield this power. Ultimately, I should trust her. And I know that stealing is wrong, and hurting someone who is nice to me is even worse."
Chibi-Usa: "I can't decide. This moment of time feels suspended for me. The slightest omen, a single word, could tip my decision either way."
Usagi: (downstairs) "I'M HOOO-OOOOOOOME!"
Mom: (downstairs) "Welcome home! Pancakes are hot!"
Usagi: (downstairs) "Pancakes? Bleh, no thanks. I'm all full of tea and cookies."
Chibi-Usa: "Ikuko-Mama worked so hard to make those pancakes! AND USAGI SIMPLY DENIES THEM! The Sailor Warriors are supposed to be perfect and flawless paragons, so Usagi's momentary inattentiveness proves that she cannot possibly be of their membership! And since she's not perfect, that clearly justifies whatever awful thing I do to her. I SHALL STEAL THE SILVER CRYSTAL!"
Luna-P /looks at Chibi-Usa.
Chibi-Usa: "Don't look at me like that! Denial of pancakes is a perfectly valid reason to risk destroying entire worlds!"

MEANWHILE IN PANDEMONIUM, CITY OF HELL
Astaroth, Grand-Duke of the Infernal Regions: "Don't we know it."
Mammon: "Preach it, brother!"
Haborym: "Do what you have to, Chibi-Usa!"

TSUKINO RESIDENCE
Usagi: "So Chibi-Usa's upstairs?"
Mom: "I think so, dear."
Usagi: "Thanks!"
Luna: "…I can't believe you left it behind."
Usagi: "I know, what if there'd been a call?! I'm sorry, but I was in such a hurry to catch up… still, I suppose there's no harm done. There was no attack, the house is still standing, and it's not like anyone knows where Sailor Moon lives anyway."
Usagi /opens bedroom door.
Luna: "Huh, smells like Chibi-Usa was in here…"

The brooch is gone, the window is open, and Chibi-Usa is nowhere in sight.

Usagi: "…"
Usagi: "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!"

DARK OMEN
Rubeus /still scanning the city, tensely.
Rubeus: "…You gonna talk?"
Wiseman: (via hologram) "Heh, heh, heh, it was more fun just watching you stew for a while. You're taking it rather well."
Rubeus: "I find the prospect of imminent death contracts the mind wonderfully. What do you have for me?"
Wiseman: (via hologram) "Northwest, woods and a pond."
Rubeus: "Ha! I know just the place. I knew you'd come through for me."
Wiseman: (via hologram) "Don't count your coneys before they're snared, boy."

THE SHRINE
Rei: "I can't believe she left it behind."
Ami: "You don't know her very well, then…"
Rei: "Har-de-har-har. Oh, well, I suppose no harm was done."
Moonlight Densetsu ringtone.
Minako: (answers two-way wrist-radio) "Yello. Usagi?"
Usagi: (via two-way wrist-radio) "EMERGENCY! CODE RED! Chibi-Usa stole my brooch and bailed!"

BACK AT THE DOCK
Chibi-Usa: "Wait for me, Mommy. I'm coming home."
Chibi-Usa /wields the Key. "O GUARDIAN OF TIME! REND THE HEAVENS AND OPEN THE DOORWAYS OF SPACE-TIME TO ME!!!"

Nothing happens, and it does so for a considerable period of time.

Chibi-Usa /pleads, cries, and rages.
Chibi-Usa /…oops.

A PILLAR OF LIGHT APPEARS OVER THE CITY
And, mere seconds later…

Rubeus: "I totally called it. FINALLY!"
Chibi-Usa /!!!
Rubeus /doesn't even waste words, just levels his arm to fire—
<< Rei : Dual-Tech > Minako > ChainBurner : Rubeus >>
Everything at the end of the dock that isn't Chibi-Usa is blown the fuck away.
Rei /snatches up Chibi-Usa in her arms.
<< Mercury : Cast > Bubble1 : Rubeus >>
The Sailors retreat.
Rubeus: "…"
Rubeus: "…"
Rubeus: "SON OF A BITCH!"

REI ON THE RUN, REI ON THE RUN
Chibi-Usa: "Rei, I think you can put me down now."
Rei: "Sure, Chibi-U—!MUERTE DE SANTA MARIA! I mean, ¿Quien es Rei?"
Minako /catching up. "Right, we lost him. Good work, people."
Chibi-Usa: "I know who you guys are."
Ami: "…er?"
Chibi-Usa: "AND I'M NOT GOING TO THANK YOU because you're all friends of stupid Usagi!"
Rei: "She knows."
Chibi-Usa: "I saw you transforming the other day."
Makoto: "Somehow I'm not surprised she's got sharp eyes." :)
Chibi-Usa: "You only saved me because I've got Usagi's brooch, right?! Right?! I'm not important to you at all!"
Rei: "¡You know that's not true! ¿We saved you all those times before you stole the brooch, right?"
Chibi-Usa /Irrelevent Subject Change Defense. "Usagi isn't worthy of having this brooch. She's self-centered, irresponsible and spoiled!"
Rei: "(¿Who died and made you judge?) Sorry, what I mean to say was: Please don't focus on her bad points."
Chibi-Usa: "You always do. You're always picking on her."
Rei: "Eh-heh. Um. Someone help, please."
Minako: "Usagi and Rei know that Rei's just joking around, because they're close friends and they love each other."
Rei: "Okay, you can stop helping now."
Minako: "We all love her. Hey, let's face it, none of us would even be friends if it weren't for Usagi."
Makoto: "Truth. And you've seen what fun she can be to hang around with! And she's never let us down when it really counts."
Ami: "And she's always been very concerned about you. It was her idea we come look for you, when she realized she couldn't make it herself—"
Chibi-Usa: "IT'S A LIE IT'S A LIE! I won't let your truth and reason and kindness interfere with my bad decisions, I won't, I won't! They're MY bad decisions and you can't take them away from me!"
Chibi-Usa /skips school, does drugs, plays in traffic and dies.

THE END.

Stop. Rewind. Let's try that again.
Chibi-Usa /runs into traffic and miraculously emerges unscathed on the other side of the street.
Minako: "IN HOT PURSUIT!" /leaps over the traffic and is gone.
Makoto: "…Does Chibi-Usa realize that if we were really out to get her, we could just shoot her in the legs and be done with it?"
Ami: "Does she realize the bad guys keep finding her because every time she fools around with magic, it's like a homing beacon?"
Rei: "I take it all back. If Usagi has lived with her this long without strangling her, I'm recommending Usagi for sainthood."
Ami: "She's five years old and acting out. Have a little sympathy."
Rei: "I'd have more sympathy if she wasn't trying to smuggle a magical nuke out of the country under her blouse."
Ami: "…I take it all back. We're in deep shit."

SEARCHIN', THEY'RE SEARCHIN' EVERY WHICH A' WAYYYYY
Chibi-Usa /hiding in an alley, watches as the Sailors comb the area. "I'm so tired… I have to find some safe place no one will ever find me!"

CHIBA'S BACHELOR PAD
Mamoru comin' home from a late night at work.
Mamoru /singin' to himself. "…didn't anybody tell her? Didn't anybody see? Sunday's on the phone to Monday, bum ba da dum, Tuesday's on the phone to—"
Mamoru /?
Chibi-Usa is asleep on his doorstep.

CHIBI-USA DREAMS OF A FUTURE WAR
The crystalline rubble no-woman's-land surrounding the City.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BpOrRWsDy4#t=00m40s
Spoiler: Show
"Future War" intro scene from the The Terminator.

Four Sailor warriors, carrying a semi-conscious Chibi-Usa through the rubble, while under constant fire from above.

The fiery, red one: "¡It's coming in for another pass!"
The clever, blue one: "At this rate, I'm not sure we'll make it to the evac—"
The tall, green one: "Just hang on, hon! A little farther!"
The active, gold one, with a red bow in her long, blonde hair: "Damn. If only Sailor Moon were with us—"

A shellburst lands in their ranks, and they go flying—Chibi-Usa falls…

AND WAKES UP IN MAMORU'S BED
Mamoru /keeping watch at bedside. "Hello."
Chibi-Usa: "Mamo!"
Mamoru /brandishes a puppet.
Tuxedo Puppet /gives Chibi-Usa a rose. "Don't be sad! If you look sad, this rose will wilt, too. Please, accept this gift."
Chibi-Usa /takes the rose, and maybe giggles a little.
Tuxedo Puppet: "Yay! Did you have a bad dream? You're safe now."
Chibi-Usa /talking to the puppet. "…Tuxedo Mask, is Sailor Moon strong?"
Mamoru /the voice of utter confidence and deep abiding love. "She's invincible."
Chibi-Usa: "…I was talking to the puppet."
Mamoru: "…Who wants pancakes?"
Tuxedo Puppet: "I do!"
Chibi-Usa: "I do!"
Usagi: "Ding-dong! Mamoru! Is Chibi-Usa here?! Is she okay?!"
Chibi-Usa: "Frell."

STARKLY CORUSCANT TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE COUNTER
Usagi into Sailor Moon: 43+20
Usagi into Princess Serenity: 1
Usagi into Disguise Form: 9
Ami into Sailor Mercury: 15+5
Rei into Sailor Mars: 13+6
Makoto into Sailor Jupiter: 8+5
Minako into Sailor Venus: 7+5
Mamoru into Tuxedo Mask: 2+1
Luna-P into Something-or-Other: 6

VOILA! A PARACHUTE!
Chibi-Usa /jumps out the window like James Bond.
Mamoru: "Looks like you just missed her…"
Usagi: "SHIT SHIT SHIT."
Mamoru: "Did you have a fight?"
Usagi: "NO! It's worse than that!" /explains.
Mamoru: "SHIT SHIT SHIT."
Chibi-Usa: (now safely on the ground) "THIS TIME FOR SURE! COME ON, KEY!"

THE TIME PORTAL OPENS…
Swirling pink mists, sparks of stray energy, gravity reverses, Chibi-Usa is drawn up—

Chibi-Usa /weeping tears of joy. "Finally! Finally! Mommy—"

—aaaaaand the portal is cut off.

Chibi-Usa /falls several feet onto asphalt and moans.

THE DARK OMEN DECLOAKS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coTApGbXwoI&feature=related
Mothership arrival in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Rubeus: "Hello, wabbit!" /shoots—
Rei /snatches up Chibi-Usa in her arms.
<< Mercury : Cast > Bubble1—
Rubeus: "OH FOR PITY'S SAKE. All right, fine, bring it. All of you. One at a time or all together, I don't care."
Makoto: "Cocky bastard."
<< Makoto : Triple-Tech > Rei > Minako > Concerto for Cuisinart and Microwave : Rubeus >>
<< 1 point damage. >>
Ami: "Um. It seems his ship generates a powerful force field."
Rubeus: "It also generates powerful attacks."

<< Mothership casts PhotonTorp! >>
< Everyone is hit! >
Ami /shields Chibi-Usa.
Rei: "Okay, Chibi-Usa, now's your chance. ¡RUN!"
Chibi-Usa: "No!"
Ami: "This is no time to be contrary! RUN!"
<< Mothership casts PressorBeam! >>
< Everyone is immobilized! Thirty seconds to becoming pancakes. >
Chibi-Usa: "Pancakes! Pancakes! Why did it have to be pancakes?!"
Rei: "Combined powers, on three."
Ami: "I thought we agreed never to do that again!"
Makoto: "It nearly killed us the last time!"
Minako: "And we can't generate enough power without Sailor Moon!"
Rei: "If you have a better plan and can explain it in—"
Ami: "Ten point five seconds."
Rei: "—ten seconds before we all die, go ahead."
Minako /thinks for four seconds…
Rei: "¡VENUS!"
Minako: "No, I don't." /badass. "No choice, then."
Rubeus: "What are you talking about down there?!"

Makoto: "EARTH!"
Rei: "¡FIRE!"
Minako: "WIND!"
Ami: "WATER!"
<< Makoto : Quad-Tech > Minako > Ami > Rei : Ultima >>
< Their powers combine… >
All Four: "GO PLANET!"
< Mothership is hit! Beam disrupted; count reset. Thirty seconds to becoming pancakes. >
Rei: "Okay, Chibi-Usa, now, ¡RUN! ¡Run!" /kick kick.
Mamoru /as Tuxedo Mask. "I've got her. You hurry, too."
Rei: "Shake it, Tux, before Rubeus—"
Rubeus: "ALL BATTERIES—FIRE!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lydpulKkJ-Q
The city destruction scene in Independence Day.

IN THE CRATER
Rubeus sends out a tractor beam and sucks all four Senshi into his ship.

Rei /last words. "¡Look after her!"

Airlock hatch seals. Ship begins to lift off.

Usagi /KAHN! "RUBEUUUUUSSSSSSS!" /shakes fist.
Mamoru: "Are you okay, Chibi-Usa?"
Chibi-Usa: "…"
Usagi /absolutely distraught, blinded by tears and impotent rage, raises hand to slap—
Mamoru /shakes head.
Usagi /weeps, instead.
Chibi-Usa: "…"
Rubeus: "BWAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

CLIFFHANGER STING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuvYGHkAWJw
Baker-era Doctor Who end titles.

jcfiala

Code Monkey
Validated User
Usagi: "Oh, it'll be fun! You can be my wing-man."
Luna: "WE DO NOT HAVE INVISIBLE JETS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF AIRCRAFT."
Usagi: "How do you know?"
Minako: "Maybe you just haven't found them yet."
This is fantastic stuff, all of it. Thank you for this.

Cruton

Retired User
Re: Episode #73: A UFO Appears! The Sailor Warriors are Abducted.

"Esmeraude," I said.
...you win.

Artemis: "It's time for this week's invention exchange."
Lots of tangents, today. Did you recently have a Youtube binge or something?

Chibi-Usa: "I'm going to willfully misinterpret that statement now."
ChIbI-usA... coMe to HATE moTHER....

MEANWHILE IN PANDEMONIUM, CITY OF HELL
"I wan' wet noodles!"

Usagi /absolutely distraught, blinded by tears and impotent rage, raises hand to slap—
Mamoru /shakes head.
Usagi /weeps, instead.
These "be mature and understanding" scenes always give the twitch. One on hand, yeah, the story is about the main character maturing and holding themselves to an adult standard and yeah yeah yeah. But on the other hand... Goddamnit, I've seen too many badly written ones where the character has a perfectly normal and equally understandable immature reaction and gets treated like the goddamn devil for it. Augh, I don't know!

CLIFFHANGER STING
A fitting tribute to every Doctor Who RPG PC who ever tried to end the session with the words, "I hit him with my TARDIS."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom