• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW Sailor Moon S] Thread 7: All Good Sailors Go To Heaven

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Woot :) Season 3 is a good one.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Episode #99: The Kindness of a Man! Yuichiro, Heartbroken by Rei?

Late Night at the Shrine
Rei meditates before the sacred flames.

Fire: <<You have reached Heaven's Help Line. If you know which of the eight million you wish to speak to, please chant their extension, followed by the word, 'amen', now. If you have a dying prayer, please chant, 'one', now. If you are a god, please chant, 'two', now. If you are following up on a previous prayer, please chant, 'three', now. Para servicios en español—>>
Rei: "Three."
Fire: <<Our automatic tracking system indicates that you are calling from HIKAWA SHRINE, TOKYO, JAPAN, EARTH. If this is correct, please chant, 'one', now. >>
Rei: "One."
Fire: <<We currently have the following registered querants from this location: If you are ICHIRO HINO, chant 'one', now. If you are REI HINO, chant, 'two', now.>>
Rei: "Two."
Fire: <<Hello, REI HINO. Welcome to your prayermail. To check messages, chant 'one'—>>
Rei: /growing irritation. "Three."
Fire: <<…We're sorry, but all operators are busy with other querants. Please state the nature of your issue, your name, and the location where you can be reached, followed by the word, 'amen', now. If the issue is urgent, please remain on the line, and we will be with you as soon as possible.>>
Rei: "¡HEAR ME O GODS! I greatly appreciate the warning provided by these recent prophetic dreams, but I regret that key details remain unclear, such as what I should be doing to prepare for these events. Please clarify—or at least please cancel this subscription so I can sleep more easily. With deepest respect, I am Rei Hino at the Hikawa Shrine. Amen.>>
Fire: << ♫ There is a party… everyone is there… everyone will leave… at exactly the same time… ♫ >>
Fire: <<Please remain on the line. Your prayer is very important to us.>>

Meanwhile, Behind the Arras Shoji Screen
Gramps: "BOO!"
Yuichiro: "GAH! …Forgot you were in this show!"
Gramps: "Speak for yourself. I've always been here, if you pay attention to the clues. Well, well, peepin' on my granddaughter?"
Yuichiro: "Yes, of course! She's been doing this every night and I'm getting worried about her."
Gramps: "…"
Gramps: /smiles. "You know how our Rei is when she's focused on something. I don't know what she's trying to see through to, but there is only one truth. We have to let her do it until she's satisfied. 'I am my own Lord through Heaven and Earth', and all that."
Yuichiro: "What's with all the wisdom all of a sudden? I thought you retired."
Gramps: "Wheels within wheels, boy. Don't forget to get some sleep yourself."
Yuichiro: "…Good night, sir."
Gramps: /as soon as he's around the corner and out of sight, pumps his fist. (Yes!)
Yuichiro: "But I can't just let Rei work herself to death without trying to intervene."
Yuichiro: /rolls up sleeves.

And So…
Yuichiro bursts in, dramatically, armed with all of Rei's favorites:
  • Cup Noodle
  • Instant Curry
  • Microwave Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
  • Microwave Omelet Lunch
  • Pre-Packaged Tuna Sandwiches
  • Pre-Packaged Roasted Rice-Balls
  • Pre-Packaged Natto Rolls
  • Coconut Gel
  • Bananas (just starting to turn brown)

Yuichiro: "Hey, Rei! Have you had your break today? Don't forget to take time for a hot, home cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only three microwave minutes! Yo, pretty packages of frosted delights. Look! It comes with a toy, haha, I like that. I wanna number 4, number 6, and throw in a plastic donut. Just enjoy the gritty crunch; it tastes just like chicken. Wrappers of many bite size, all mixed in the pot for Mama's homemade from scratch (well not quite). Toasted over flames, they be tasting quite right. All hail king Neptune and his water breathers, no snail-thing too quick for his water feeders. Don't waste time your net, our net worth is set, ready, go, many know others (what?). We be the colors of the mad and the wicked. We be bad, we be brick-ed with the 24 hour sign. Shower my habits while you dine like Usagi with the crunchy, crunchy carrots (that's chicken), gotta have it superfast! A whole lot of breakfast you got time for: Superfast, superfast, I come in last, but just in time for breakfast. Keep in through, keep it true, forever blue, tonight, the night goes out to—"

Beat, while Yuichiro realizes that Rei hasn't even noticed he's there.

Yuichiro: "…frell."
Fire: <<Please hold. You are being connected now.>>
Rei: "Finally. /leans forward.
Yuichiro: /leans forward.

Something flickers within the flames…

Fire: << H҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘Ȅ̐̑̒̚̕̚ IS C̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̚̕̚̕̚̕̚̕̚̕̚OMI҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘NG Z҉A҉L҉G҉O̚̕̚ >>

Rei: /immediately hangs up and extinguishes her singed hair. "¡Dios! Not again."
Yuichiro: "Whoa."
Rei: "¡Oh! Didn't see you, Yuichiro. I'm sorry, I'm very busy right now. ¿Could you—?"
Yuichiro: "Yeah, yeah. Sorry. But here—" /unties one of his sleeve garters and places it by her. "So you can tie your hair back, to be safe."
Rei: "Thank you." :)
Yuichiro: (I know everyone says she works miracles, but it's another thing to see it happen! If she can't handle this, what can I possibly do?)

The Secret Lab
The Professor: /rubs his face against his latest Daimon Seed like a kitten. "SO BEAUTIFUL. Yes. YES! Mmmm. Yes. Oh, Gloria…" /okay, maybe not a kitten…
Kaolinite: -_-
The Professor: "The ULTIMATE creation born from chemistry."
Kaolinite: "It truly is a living art form."
The Professor: "PRECISELY! My FINEST CREATION YET, the result of untold quantities of blood, toil, tears, and sweat! And yet SOMEONE continues to WASTE these precious miracles of Science! SOMEONE who commonly wears red in my presence, WASTES them, I say, by dashing them against the cold hard surface of enemy opposition for NO FRUITFUL PURPOSE."
Kaolinite: "I—"
The Professor: "WASTED!"
The Professor: "By 'someone', I mean of course, yourself, Miss K."
Kaolinite: "Please do not worry. My plans, based upon perfect calculations and mathematical harmony, are also works of art. Until now, I have failed to account for outside interference in my formulae."
The Professor: "I think you bloody well could have—"
Kaolinite: "But from now on, I will be certain to get the Talismans needed to obtain the Holy Grail."
The Professor: /Niagara Falls! "The HOLY GRAIL! Yes! SOON, my dear, we shall—"
Kaolinite: /walks off down the hall.
Kaolinite: /sets the water to boil.
Kaolinite: /grinds coffee.
Kaolinite: /brews coffee.
Kaolinite: /pours a couple of mugs and takes them back to the lab.
The Professor: "—and ALL SHALL BE DESTROYED! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Kaolinite: "Coffee, sir?"
The Professor: "Oh, thank you, very much." /drinks.
Kaolinite: /drinks.
The Professor: "So, get right on that, if you would."
Kaolinite: "Right away, sir."

After School
Rei walks home, yawning.

Rei: "These all-nighters are starting to get to me. Maybe I should skip the study group today."
Rei: "Naaaaaah. ¿Why give Usagi the satisfaction?"
Yuichiro: /lurking around the corner. "Rei must be very tired…"
Usagi: "'Rei must be very tired,' Yuichiro said as he silently watched over the figure of Rei."
Yuichiro: "GAH!"
Usagi: "Suddenly, he realized that Usagi was standing right behind him. He recoiled in surprise and stumbled over his own sandles. Where did she come from?! he wondered. He struggled to his feet, blushing furiously. To cover up his embarrassment, he blustered, 'Don't sneak up on me like that!'"
Yuichiro: "Don't sneak up on me like that!"
Usagi: "But Usagi grinned at him in undisguised pleasure. Yuichiro blinked at her in surprise."
Yuichiro: /blinks. "Why are you—? How did you—?"
Usagi: "Yuichiro, you SLY DOG! Here I'd forgotten you were even in this show, but you're busy advancing your own romance plot without anyone's prompting! Now is this a romantic lead, or is this a romantic lead, amiright?"
Yuichiro: "Romance plot?"
Usagi: "You like her, right? That's the whole reason you've been shacking up at the Shrine, right?"
Yuichiro: "Well, er… yeah, kinda."
Usagi: "And you're worried about her right now because—?"
Yuichiro: "She's missing a lot of sleep from doing divination every night without a clear answer."
Usagi: "Sleeplessness! Looking for a clear answer! Do I need to spell it out?"
Yuichiro: "…Bwuh?"
Usagi: "She likes you. She's trying to figure out if you're right for her."
Yuichiro: "Buh-wuh-huh? Really? I mean, me? Really?!"
Usagi: "Have you confessed yet? Have you done the stupid misunderstanding subplot yet? How about the angsty bout of self-loathing? Oh, you're in for a treat. I'm so jealous."
Yuichiro: "But you're in a long-term relationship already!"
Usagi: "As a woman it is my sacred and solemn duty to squeal delightedly at anyone else starting a relationship while willfully ignoring any problems that I had in my own. To wit: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"
Yuichiro: "ACK!"
Usagi: "You LUCKY DEVIL, you! Good luck! Have fun! Don't tell Rei I told you about this!" /dashes off.
Yuichiro: "Wow. WOW! Rei and me?! THIS IS ADOLESCENCE! Wahoo!"
Yuichiro: /as the music swells, he begins to sing—
Usagi: /dashes back. "Oh, and if ever you make my Rei cry, I'll have Ami kill you and hide the body. Okay? Okay! Buh-bye!" /dashes off again.
Yuichiro: "…"

Take the A Train
Kaolinite rides on top of one of the city loop trains, hair blowing in the wind.

Kaolinite: "What a remarkable way to travel! I approve. And how wonderfully useful for my purposes. We'll just seed it with a Daimon, like so… and there we are. This is one of the most heavily-used rail lines in the city; the odds that a pure heart will pass or board this train are excellent."

Meanwhile, In the Romance Plot
Yuichiro: /skips and frolics.

Yuichiro sees the following: Rei beside a tall, blond, and handsomely androgynous gentleman with whom Yuichiro is unfamiliar. The blond man has stopped his motorcycle and stepped aside to chat with Rei, and they have been talking for some time, as the man has removed his jacket and helmet and now leans, cool and composed, against the bike. He and Rei clearly know each other; they smile and laugh. Rei blushes a trifle at some comment, and the blond man touches her face in a gently intimate fashion.

Yuichiro: /dies on the spot.

Meanwhile, What's Actually Going On
Haruka: "Jeez, kid, have you got the bags under your eyes or what? Look, you're all puffy there."
Rei: "¿No, really? I didn't think it was that bad…"
Haruka: "High school entrance exams aren't that hard, seriously."
Rei: "Actually, it's not that. It's a more private matter."
Haruka: "Oh-ho! Who's the lucky one?"
Rei: "Nononononononono. Not that either." ;)
Haruka: "Well, you nearly walked into that train a little earlier, you were yawning so wide, so let me give you a ride home before you fall over, eh? Here's my spare helmet."
Rei: "¡Score! …¿Did you hear something just now? It sounded like a young man wailing in confused anguish, then throwing himself off the nearest bridge."
Haruka: "Oh, I hear that all the time, wherever I go. I think it's some exotic bird."
Rei: "Funny, I've never heard it before."
Haruka: "Ready?"
Rei: "¡Wait! Gotta tie my hair back." /does so with Yuichiro's garter. "Okay, ready."
Haruka: "I never thought of you as the bows-and-ribbons type."
Rei: "¡I'm not! But this is a knight's favor from her gentleman fair."
Haruka: "No way."
Rei: "Way. Well, scraggly more than fair, but…"
Haruka: "I bet he'd like to see you wearing it."
Rei: "Yeah, if only he were here. Drive really really fast, ¿okay? I'm blushing."
Haruka: "Miss Hino, please! I always drive safely, obeying all traffic regulations."
Haruka: /peels out at high speed.
Rei: "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE—"

Under the Bridge
Yuichiro: /sob sob. "My adolescence is over…"
Detective Not-Appearing-In-This-Film: "Seems like you're right in the middle of it to me, you big dope."

The Nothing Consumes All!
…and then Rei snaps awake.

Rei: ¡!
Artemis: /genuine concern. "Do you need us to go elsewhere so you can take a proper nap?"
Ami: "Yeah, you don't want to overstrain yourself!"
Rei: "…Wish it were that easy. Lemme wash my face, I'll be fine." /exits.
Mako: "…"
Usagi: "Awwwww, yeah. I wonder which of them will confess first?"
Mina: "Which of who?"
Ami: "Just because Makoto and I are sitting next to each other now doesn't mean—!"
Usagi: "Rei and Yuichiro."
Ami: "…Never mind."
Mina: "Who?"
Usagi: "Rei and Yuichiro."
Mina: "I heard you say 'Rei', but what's the other thing?"
Usagi: "Yuichiro."
Mina: "What's a Yuichiro?"
Usagi: "The guy who's been living and working here at the Shrine?"
Mina: "Who, Gramps?! Good God, we're out of our depth here."
Usagi: "No, ick, the other guy! The young guy!"
Mina: "General Jadeite? I thought you killed him with an airplane."
Usagi: "No, the other other guy! The dishevelled one."
Mina: "Oh, the glasses kid! Who was dating your friend before she died, right?"
Usagi: "Naru's not dead, we just had an episode with her! And no. I mean the scruffy guy, from a rich family, but who lives like a bum because I don't really know why, who's been apprenticing at the Shrine to get closer to Rei, and actually seems to love her instead of being a skeevy stalker bastiche. That Yuichiro."
Mina: "How long has this been going on?"
Usagi: "Like… a couple of years. Ami, help me out here."
Ami: /to Usagi. "A couple of years."
Usagi: /to Mina. "A couple of years."
Mina: "I have no idea what you're talking about, sorry. What makes you so sure?"
Usagi: "Okay, look, I know my hunches often misfire, but love stories are one thing I do know."
Luna: "You know, we do have a lot on our plates now, are you really sure that romantic issues are the only thing that could be bothering Rei?"
Usagi: "What e—"
Mina: "Oooooooohhhhhh! That Yuichiro. Is he still in this show?"
Ami: "Where'd Mako go?"

Where Mako Went
Rei comes out of the bathroom and finds Mako waiting in the hall.

Rei: /steps aside. "Your turn."
Mako: /leans on the wall casually. "Speaking from personal experience, you certainly don't look lovesick. No, I'm guessing you're worried about something else. You know you've got a whole team with you, here, Rei, and you know we'd lay it all down for you. Isn't it better to get it out into the open and deal with it?"
Rei: "You're right, but the problem is that I don't actually know what there is to be dealt with."
Mako: "Second sight isn't all it's cracked up to be, huh?"
Rei: "No kidding. I promise, the moment I get a dream that actually makes sense, I'll tell all of you right away."
Mako: "Awesome. Let's just hope the final battle isn't around exams."
Rei: /laughs. "…You know, that was pretty cool of you right now, looking all strong and cool like."
Mako: /blushes. "REALLY? I mean, it worked?"
Rei and Mako: /giggle.

A Man's Gotta Do What A Man's Gotta Do
Yuichiro goes jogging at night to run it off.

Yuichiro: "Who is that guy?! I wish I could thump him one!"
Yuichiro: "…Where did all these rose petals come from?"

Yuichiro sees the following: A green-haired woman with whom he is unfamiliar, standing in a high place and playing violin beneath the Moon, as the wind ruffles her hair and dress. For a moment, Yuichiro wonders if he is seeing a ghost, and then—that blond man steps out of the shadows! He approaches the woman, they speak softly, the woman takes his hand, then embraces him, and he smiles at her.

Yuichiro: "WHY THAT TWO-TIMING SON-OF-A-BITCH!"

Meanwhile, What's Actually Going On
Haruka: "Are we on the wrong path? Are we wasting our time? Are we the bad guys?"
Michiru: "This isn't like you!" /takes Haruka's hand. "We knew it would be tough when we started. But the wheels of destiny have already begun to turn. The new awakening will arrive very soon. All that is within our ability and knowledge is to pursue the Talismans and hope."
Haruka: /steps away. "…"
Michiru: /embraces Haruka from behind. "Even if it means sacrificing… everything." /longing look.
Haruka: /touches Michiru's hand and smiles. "I'm sorry. My will was weakened by the moonlit night."
Michiru: "So after all this is over, I should remember to get you out into the moonlight more often…"
Haruka: ?

The Next Day
Rain upon an empty field. Yuichiro stands, unheeding of the storm, furious in manly ripped jacket. Haruka, very dapper in slacks, regards him from beneath her umbrella.

Haruka: "You're Yuichiro Kumada? I'm Haruka Tennou. What did you need? I'm in a hurry."
Yuichiro: /tosses his jacket aside and cocks his fists. "YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS, YOU BASTARD! SHUT UP AND FIGHT!"
Haruka: ?
Yuichiro: /CHARGES!

Yuichiro charges right past Haruka and plants himself face-first in the mud.

Haruka: "…Are you well?"
Yuichiro: /stands up. "THIS FIGHT'S NOT OVER YET!" /CHARGES!

Yuichiro does it again.

Yuichiro: /stands up. "You think you're so clever, don't you?!"
Haruka: "I didn't do anything…"

A Few Minutes Later…
Rei: /just happening by. "¡¿What in the name of the Sainted Virgin Mary is going on here?!"
Yuichiro: /reeling. "…I'll take you all on… all six of you…"
Haruka: "This drunk guy called me to an empty field to watch him beat himself up."

Yuichiro does it again, for the umpteenth time.

Rei: ¡¿?!
Haruka: "See? Look, mister, please, stop! This is madness."
Yuichiro: "Madness? THIS. IS. ADOLESCENCE!" /trip crash.
Rei: "Are you okay, Haruka?"
Haruka: "I've just been standing here! Check the crazy guy."
Rei: "¡That's Yuichiro! ¿What are you doing, er, trying to do to Haruka?"
Yuichiro: /staggers. "Rei? You're covering for him? Oh, I see how it is. All right, I can take a hint. I'll get out of the way. But you, you two-timer, Haruka Tennou, you. You're a pretty tough guy, I'll give you that. But listen: Be a man, man. Don't hurt Rei. Break up with your other girlfriend. She deserves that. They both do. Rei, be happy with him. You won't have to see me again."

Yuichiro reels away.

Haruka: "…There is so much wrong with that speech, I'm not sure where to begin."
Rei: "I suppose telling him you're a girl… no, that probably wouldn't have helped."
Haruka: /light-bulb. "Shouldn't you go after him? I mean, he's your hair-ribbon guy, right?"
Rei: "He's an blockhead is what he is…"

Over At the Shrine
Girls are waiting…

Ami: "Rei's gonna kill you if you get her manga wet."
Usagi: "It's cool, the rain just stopped."
Artemis: "I hope she didn't get caught. A soaking on top of poor sleep, she could get sick."
Usagi: "Don't worry! Yuichiro's out there. I'm sure they're making out under an umbrella as we speak."
Luna: /sighs and shakes head.
Mina: "Say, where's yours, Ami?"
Ami: "I never use one."
Mina: "I was attempting to make a humorous double-entendre reference to—"
Mako: /bursts in, frantically! "GUYS, WE GOT PROBLEMS!"

STARKLY CORUSCANT TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE COUNTER
  • Usagi into:

Mako: "No, no, no, not that kind of trouble. Look over there!"

Over There
Yuichiro is packed up to leave.

Gramps: "Well, I'm sure you have good reasons. You are always welcome here, boy. Fare you well."
Yuichiro: /bows. "I will never forget your kindness."
Ami and Mina: "HE'S LEAVING?!"
Usagi: "Stupid misunderstanding subplot, check! Ah, that takes me back."
Mina: "Oh, hush!"
Ami: "Yuichiro, come back here!"
Mako: "You're not gonna run away, are you?"
Yuichiro: /says nothing, and walks on, into the sunset.

Cue melodramatic torch song.

Mako: "Rei's not back yet!"
Ami: "Mina, quick, after him! Distract him with Mina logic!"
Mina: "I dunno, I'm kind of busy enjoying the view from here. When did he get built? All that Tae-Bo paid off."
Ami: "Minaaaaaa…"
Usagi: "Don't worry, guys, it's not the right moment yet."
Mako: "I see Rei coming now!"
Usagi: /holds the others back. "Wait for it…"

Rei returns at the same moment that Yuichiro leaves. They walk past each other without saying a word…

Ami, Mina, Mako: "WHAT? NO! SAY SOMETHING!"
Usagi: "Wait for it…"

…but then Rei turns and looks back, hoping for him to say something, but Yuichiro walks on.

Usagi: "Wait for it…"
Rei: "¡¡¡YUICHIRO NO BAKA!!!"
Usagi: "There it is! Okay, now! Go! Go!"
Mina: "Rei, you want us to hunt him down and drag him back?"
Rei: "…No… it's all right…"
Ami: "He's really going away, Mina! You can't let him go!"
Rei: "¡That blockhead who jumps to conclusions! ¡Let him go!"
Mako: "But he was worried about you! He really does care!"
Rei: "¿Then why didn't he believe in me?"
Usagi: "BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T TELL HIM!"
Rei: …
Rei: /facepalm.
Usagi: "Clear communication is key to any relationship!"
Ami and Mako: /look somewhat guilty.
Rei: "Thanks, Usagi."
Mina: "He went west on 17th Street, I've got your bookbag here. Go get 'im, kid."
Rei: /runs!
Usagi: "And there we go. Chase, an obstacle or two, confession, kiss and make up. Simple!"
Mina: "I didn't realize she was interested in him at all."
Usagi: "I guess things changed in the last year."
Luna: "I still think there's more to Rei's issues than that."
Usagi: "Pish-tush!"
Mina: "Pooh-bah!"
Artemis: "Pitti-sing?"
Usagi: "…Look, when it comes to love, I'm always right! Except when I'm grossly wrong, of course. But I'm sure it'll work out fine, no problem!"

Musical Running Montage
Yuichiro strides manfully through blowing newspapers and nostalgic memories. Rei runs after him, desperately, and finds him moments before he boards the last train out of town.

Rei: "…I have a bad feeling about this."

Disturbingly Creepy Transformation Sequence!
TODEN! A saucy mecha musume based upon a train, wearing a conductor's outfit. I'm pretty sure the driver bailed out in time, but let's not think too hard about where the passengers went.

Yuichiro: "Zoiks!"
Toden: "All aboard the train to Crazy Town!" /presents left elbow.
Yuichiro: "I refuse to pin my heart on a lady's left elbow—"
Kaolinite: /grabs Yuichiro from behind.
Yuichiro: !
Toden: /Dark Star Assault Left Elbow.
Yuichiro: "AAAAAUUUUGGGHH." /collapses.

STARKLY CORUSCANT TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE COUNTER
  • Usagi into:
    • Sailor Moon: 43
    • Second Stage Sailor Moon: 30
    • Cosmic Class Sailor Moon: 7
    • Princess Serenity: 1
    • Disguise Form: 9
  • Ami into:
    • Sailor Mercury: 15
    • Second Stage Sailor Mercury: 15
  • Rei into:
    • Sailor Mars: 13
    • Second Stage Sailor Mars: 14
  • Makoto into:
    • Sailor Jupiter: 8
    • Second Stage Sailor Jupiter: 14
  • Minako into:
    • Sailor Venus: 7
    • Second Stage Sailor Venus: 15
  • Mamoru into:
    • Tuxedo Mask: 2
    • Second Stage Tuxedo Mask: 1
  • Luna-P into Something-or-Other: 10

Suddenly!
Sailor Mars bursts in, dramatically!

Rei: "That wasn't a bit nice! You have made me very angry, very angry indeed!"
Kaolinite: /grabs Yuichiro's Soul Crystal and scarpers.

Toden attacks Rei with a hand strap.
Rei is hit!
Rei is entangled.
Toden flings Rei back and forth.
Rei is hurt.
Rei is hurt.
Rei is dazed!

Rei: /moans. "¿…why do I get the Looney Tunes fight…?"
Kaolinite: /looks up. "YOU THINK YOU'VE GOT PROBLEMS? I went to all that effort and this thing's another damn dud!"

Suddenly!
MINAKO > AGGRESS > Love-Me Chain > All Foes
Toden is hit!
Rei is freed!
Kaolinite is hit!
Kaolinite is hurt.
Kaolinite drops Yuichiro's Soul Crystal.

Ami: /yoink!
Kaolinite: "Well… f-fine! Keep it! So there!" /runs away.
Usagi: "We are the terrors who—"
Usagi: /realizes that the villain is already gone.
Usagi: "…frell."

Battle is Joined!
Toden uses New Line Creation!
Toden casts electrified rails at the team.
Usagi dodges!
Minako dodges!
Rei dodges!
Ami dodges!
Makoto dodges!
"Please wait for the next destination…"
Toden transforms into Rolling Stock Mode!

Mina: "Okay, so we're fighting a train? A fucking train? And we already had a car and a motorcycle. What is this, Transformers? Look out, here comes an animated Tokyo Radio Tower! And next week, they possess all 50-odd kilometers of the Seikan Tunnel, and throw that at us!"
Usagi: "You weren't here for the Demon Bus, were you?"
Mina: "Right, I'm out." /turns to leave.

Toden charges!
Toden slams into the team.
Usagi is hit!
Usagi is hurt.
Minako is hit!
Minako is hurt.
Rei is hit!
Rei is hurt.
Ami is hit!
Ami is hurt.
Makoto is hit!
Makoto is hurt.
Makoto gets angry.
MAKOTO > ADVANCED RITUALISM > Sparkling Wide Pressure > Toden
Toden uses Safety First!
Toden reflects the spell upon the team.
Usagi dodges!
Minako dodges!
Rei dodges!
Ami dodges!
Makoto dodges!

Ami: "That's new."
Makoto: "That's CHEAP! Use your own attacks!"
Toden: "We pass the savings back to you, the tax-payers!"

Toden uses New Line Creation!

Usagi: "RUN FOR IT!"

Usagi is hit!
Usagi is hurt.
Usagi is pinned.
Minako is hit!
Minako is hurt.
Minako is pinned.
Rei is hit!
Rei is hurt.
Rei is pinned.
Ami is hit!
Ami is hurt.
Ami is pinned.
Makoto is hit!
Makoto is hurt.
Makoto is pinned.

Toden: "Ding ding! Next stop: The afterlife! Your butts are MINE!"
Usagi: "Oh Tuxedo Maaaaaaaaask…"
Rei: "¡Screw Tuxedo Mask!"

Rei frees herself!
REI > ADVANCED RITUALISM > Evil Spirit Sealing > Toden
Toden is bound!

Rei: :D
Toden: "Nooooooooooo!" /spins wheels in frustration.
Ami: "Are you going to help us get free now?"

REI > ADVANCED RITUALISM > Burning Mandala > Toden
Rei casts fire at the enemy.
Toden is hit!
Toden is hurt badly.
…Toden is also on fire!
The restraints are burnt to ashes!
Usagi is freed.
Minako is freed.
Ami is freed.
Makoto is freed.

Makoto: "That's a 'yes'."
Toden: "Please, no smoking in the passenger car!"
Rei: "¡Begging for mercy makes me angry!"
Usagi: "Smoke this!"

USAGI > ADVANCED RITUALISM > Moon Spiral Heart Attack > Toden
Spell is spinning up…
Usagi casts love at the enemy.
Toden is hit!
Toden is obliterated!

Toden: "…lovely!" /dies.
Rei: "It is."
Usagi: "Excuse me, Miss, I believe you ordered an Earth-shattering kaboom? Sign here, please."
Usagi and Rei: /high-five!
Usagi and Rei: /other side!
Usagi and Rei: /down low!
Usagi and Rei: /too slow!
Ami: "It's a good thing those rails burnt instead of melting all over us."
Minako: "Enh, wasn't real metal. Sort of fleshy extrusions of the droid-demon-thing that only looked like metal."
Usagi: "Creepy."
Makoto: "Still got that soul? I got the body." /holds up Yuichiro.
Ami: "Right here! Would you like to do the honors, Mars?"
Rei: "¡Naturalmente!" /sticks the soul back into Yuichiro.
Train Driver: "Excuse me, could someone tell me just what the hell is going on around here?"

Meanwhile, On a Rooftop Above…
Sailors Uranus and Neptune didn't do anything at all.

Michiru: "Their teamwork's improved!"
Haruka: "Finished before us this time…"

Denouement
Somehow, the train resumes its trip, slightly off schedule. Rei cradles Yuichiro's unconscious head on her lap.

Yuichiro: /suddenly surges awake. "MONSTERS! TRAINS! GOTTA— wha?"
Rei: "Calm down, it's all okay now."
Yuichiro: "Ow… Did I just get attacked by a demon train?"
Rei: "Something like that."
Yuichiro: "…I gotta get out of this country."
Rei: "Like it's safer anywhere else? In America, they have devil cars and chupacabra. ¡Besides, you're not going anywhere until you recover!" /binds Yuichiro's wound with the garter. "You owe me a new ribbon." ;)
Yuichiro: "What about Haruka?"
Rei: "¿What about Haruka? She's just a friend, you blockhead. You could've asked."
Yuichiro: "He… she? Was making you blush."
Rei: "She possesses many of the qualities I find attractive in men, but as we are both women I feel no urge to return her flattering attentions, making her an emotionally-safe but ultimately-passing thrill. Besides, I've discovered I like scruffy guys I can push around."
Yuichiro: /blushes.
Rei: "You can apologize to her later. We're going home now. I've got your stuff here. ¿Do you need to lean on me? Come along, dear." :)

Around the Corner…
Usagi: "Told ya."
Mina: "Dude, she can't get ribbons from him. Hair ribbons are my schtick."
Usagi: "Rei will never be half so zany as you, dear."
Mina: "Damn straight!"

Last edited:

GaoGaiGar

Is anyone REALLY a
Validated User
Part of the fun of watching Sailor Moon on tapes from Japan was that they had the commercials in them... and as Japan doesn't have any laws against advertising products based on a show during that show, Sailor Moon was selling everything you can imagine... Not just soundtracks, video games dolls, replica moon wands and such, but things like sausages, puzzles and early interactive devices. There were even more tie-ins during Sailor Moon S, but some ads contain spoilers for [REDACTED]. It looks like someone compiled a bunch by season, and this is the Sailor Moon R one.

[video=youtube;SNVgqW2Dtok]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNVgqW2Dtok[/video]

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Part of the fun of watching Sailor Moon on tapes from Japan was that they had the commercials in them... and as Japan doesn't have any laws against advertising products based on a show during that show, Sailor Moon was selling everything you can imagine... Not just soundtracks, video games dolls, replica moon wands and such, but things like sausages, puzzles and early interactive devices. There were even more tie-ins during Sailor Moon S, but some ads contain spoilers for [REDACTED]. It looks like someone compiled a bunch by season, and this is the Sailor Moon R one.
Interesting. Observations:

• Sausages?! I mean, really, sausages? Next week, official Sailor Moon bacon!
• Are those cheap plastic sliding image puzzles really a big enough seller that advertising them is worth the trouble?
• There's original animation done for these. I hadn't realized how unusual that seems to me—because, of course, I grew up under U.S. advertising laws.
• Music advertising: trying to provide an image for something you buy for the sound. "Look, just walk around in the front of the camera and try to look cute. Trust me."
• Actually, that beat 'em up game is kinda fun.

ANT Pogo

Yuki Approved
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
This episode is one of my all-time favorites. Plus, finally the other senshi get to be useful and effective!

Blazing Bat

Validated User
Re: Episode #99: The Kindness of a Man! Yuichiro, Heartbroken by Rei?

Yuichiro: "GAH! …Forgot you were in this show!"
You are one to talk. But yes, I had forgotten mostly about his existence. Also, Yamandakka is annoyed at not making an appearance.

Fire: << H҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘Ȅ̐̑̒̚̕̚ IS C̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̚̕̚̕̚̕̚̕̚̕̚OMI҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘NG Z҉A҉L҉G҉O̚̕̚ >>
I find it interesting that Rei's fire readings seem to be visible to other people too. At one point during the aliens arc, Usagi commented on the cardian in the vision.

The Professor: /rubs his face against his latest Daimon Seed like a kitten.
Considering what those things turn into...

The Professor: "WASTED!"
So far, he has been quite a nice boss, compared to the villains of the previous seasons, hasn't he?

Kaolinite: /walks off down the hall.
Kaolinite: /sets the water to boil.
Kaolinite: /grinds coffee.
Kaolinite: /brews coffee.
Kaolinite: /pours a couple of mugs and takes them back to the lab.
The Professor: "—and ALL SHALL BE DESTROYED! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
...even if he likes his monologues and evil laughter.

Also, that face!

Trollface, is that you?

Take the A Train
Kaolinite rides on top of one of the city loop trains, hair blowing in the wind.
Kaolinite: "What a remarkable way to travel! I approve.
Trains are new to her? She can't be from around here.

Mina: "Oooooooohhhhhh! That Yuichiro. Is he still in this show?"
Has Mina ever seen Yuichiro before this episode?

In any case, it appears as if Rei and Yuichiro are together somewhat, even if it has all been happening in the background. Or at least, she has a soft spot for him. It feels as if it comes a bit out of nowhere though.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: Episode #99: The Kindness of a Man! Yuichiro, Heartbroken by Rei?

You are one to talk. But yes, I had forgotten mostly about his existence. Also, Yamandakka is annoyed at not making an appearance.
*slaps forehead* That's what I was forgetting.

Mina: "Yeah, where is she, anyway?"
Rei: "Oh, Yamandakka had a date."
Mina: "She… a… wha… who? Why? She has all those extra… limbs and…"
Ami: "There's a lot that can be done with extra parts. Use your imagination."
Mina: "…My brain. Why would you say such a thing to me?"
Usagi: "Mina trumps everyone else, but Ami trumps Mina."

I find it interesting that Rei's fire readings seem to be visible to other people too. At one point during the aliens arc, Usagi commented on the cardian in the vision.
Yes. I suppose the fire is a focusing element. Rei gets dreams by herself, but can use the fire to make it more visible. If you catch a glimpse in the flames, she's seeing wide vistas.

So far, he has been quite a nice boss, compared to the villains of the previous seasons, hasn't he?
He hasn't killed her once, yet!

Also, that face!

Trollface, is that you?
They really had some brilliantly insane animation for him this episode.

Trains are new to her? She can't be from around here.
Yes, that was a surprise. Up 'til now, I'd been thinking that the Death Busters were locals. Now I'm thinking maybe he is a Timelord.

Has Mina ever seen Yuichiro before this episode?
I don't think they've had much interaction, but she must have seen him hanging around the Shrine, since he's often out there sweeping the grounds or manning the souvenir shop.

In any case, it appears as if Rei and Yuichiro are together somewhat, even if it has all been happening in the background. Or at least, she has a soft spot for him. It feels as if it comes a bit out of nowhere though.
Yeah, when we last checked in with them, I had the impression that she thought he was just a big annoying dork who was sponging off her Grandpa. After all, Tuxedo Mask / Mamoru was what she was looking for in a man. I guess as she's come to know him better in the past several months off-camera, she started to change her mind. (And we know she does have a soft spot for brash and clumsy goofballs…)

Edvarius

Validated User
While booby trapping a train like that might have been a good idea for nabbing somebody's pure heart, for finding the talismans that seems a lot more like giving up and playing the lottery, hoping you get lucky.

• Sausages?! I mean, really, sausages? Next week, official Sailor Moon bacon!
I dunno, doesn't seem that far fetched to me. At the very least, you can't deny that the Professor is a ham.

Top Bottom