• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW Sailor Moon S] Thread 7: All Good Sailors Go To Heaven

Psychopomp

Done Here
I imagine the whole thing is viewed as a semi-separate world. Sort of like the idea of a World of Martial Arts. There's all that Weird Stuff going on, and the news talks about it - but you get the idea that you're really seeing on the edges of it. And that's fine by you.

Yeah, you run your risks of getting caught up in it, but you could get hit by a bus in the crosswalk, too. Nothing you can do about stuff that just happens, right? Maybe you even know a guy whose cousin was in that antique shop that got raided by flower-women or whatever last month.

But while there's bad guys, the Weird Stuff has good guys, too. I mean, that Sailor V seems all over this shit. And that other one...Sailor Moon, or something. And their pretty friends. They seem like nice girls, and awful young, but if they weren't up to it then Someone Official would step in, right? The government's gotta have a department for this kind of thing, right?

Meanwhile, the officials want no part of it. Who wants to run for office on a strict anti-UFO policy? You'd get laughed right out of the debates. Better to focus on the economy and ignore the weird crystal thing that was hovering over Juuban making demands the other night. It went away and nothing came of it, so no one talks about it and everyone wants to forget about it.

And what are the police going to do? Put out an APB for suspected goblins? Shake down the small time hoods for information on monster hideouts? No, best to do as Detective Not-Appearing-In-This-Episode suggests and step aside for those Sailor girls, look the other way, and let them handle it. Just try to keep civilians away from it and evacuate them when its safe to go in. And if a handful of girls in really short skirts (do their mothers know they're dressed like that, at their age?) try to slip through your perimeter, just fall for the distraction then return to your post when they're in.

Sure, the Sailor Senshi are pretty much practicing vigilantism, but it's worked out so far - and what would we do without them? Send in the swat team against unbreakable glass chicks with magic swords? Arrest evil sorcerers from the future? Do tasers even work on space elves? That's not what the force is paid for, buddy. Let the experts handle it and stay out of the way. And besides...who wants to be known as the guy who put Sailor V in juvie?

Phigment

Faceless Handle
Validated User
And besides...who wants to be known as the guy who put Sailor V in juvie?
Er... Every cop ever?

That'll be a great story!

"Young girls violating curfew and domestic animals roaming the streets in violation of leash laws cannot be tolerated! In the bright new era, Officer Shen fights with duty and professionalism! In the name of the Tokyo Police Department, you are under arrest!"

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
Er... Every cop ever?

That'll be a great story!

"Young girls violating curfew and domestic animals roaming the streets in violation of leash laws cannot be tolerated! In the bright new era, Officer Shen fights with duty and professionalism! In the name of the Tokyo Police Department, you are under arrest!"
...And then Chief Natsuna "Sailor V's Biggest Fan" Sakurada transfers you to the Siberia division, and you're left asking "Why on Earth does the Tokyo Police Department HAVE a Siberia division?!"

JohnBiles

Validated User
One has to expect that what eventually happens is that the 'ignore it and let the Senshi handle it' strategy breaks down when the problems become too large to be ignored, leading to the eventual rule of Queen Neo-Serenity.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
One has to expect that what eventually happens is that the 'ignore it and let the Senshi handle it' strategy breaks down when the problems become too large to be ignored, leading to the eventual rule of Queen Neo-Serenity.
So basically one day everyone looked up and realized that they'd been letting the Sailors run things for a while anyway, so they might as well make it official?

Ununnilium

Retired User
So basically one day everyone looked up and realized that they'd been letting the Sailors run things for a while anyway, so they might as well make it official?
You know, I like the idea that being Neo-Queen Serenity wasn't something Usagi set up intentionally. Perhaps she was elected to the position?

JohnBiles

Validated User
Exactly. And the Sailors didn't really realize they'd take on so much responsibility until one day Usagi is in a cabinet meeting and suddenly realizes she's running a government.

annoni-no

Validated User
You know, I like the idea that being Neo-Queen Serenity wasn't something Usagi set up intentionally. Perhaps she was elected to the position?
According to the manga, she
Spoiler: Show
was elected to be Queen of the Earth. Unanimously.

It's the second piece of that that's usually cited when people put forth Crystal Dystopia and Brainwashing!Usagi theories.

Edited for minor spoiler-y issues, since Shadowjack hasn't read the manga arc yet.

Last edited:

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Exactly. And the Sailors didn't really realize they'd take on so much responsibility until one day Usagi is in a cabinet meeting and suddenly realizes she's running a government.
Serenity bursts in, dramatically.
Serenity: "REIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!"
Mars: /looks up from paperwork. "¿What?"
Serenity: /horrified. "I'm the Queen of Everyone."
Mars: "…Like, duh."
Serenity: "When the hell did that happen?!"
Mars: "I dunno, a while ago. I'm a little busy with the Antarctic thing, right now—"
Serenity: "But but but but—"
Mars: "Look, you handled the last peace treaty just fine. That environmental salvage spell you worked out is a work of art. And we're all here with you, and the new guys are coming along fine, ¿so what's the problem?"
Serenity: "What if I screw up?"
Mars: "Then we all die and somebody else gets the job."
Serenity: "That would be bad."
Mars: "…Yeah."
Serenity: "I guess I'm stuck with it, huh?"
Mars: "¿Stuck with it? You took it, painted it pink, and ran with it, singing."
Serenity: "…Where's Mamoru?"
Mars: "Callisto, fighting that dragon— dragon-bug-dragon-thing."
Serenity: "When he gets back, send him to me."
Mars: "Yes, Your Majesty."
Serenity: "DON'T DO THAT!"
Mars: :D
Serenity: "I gotta go back and finish talking to those guys. Do I look, um…?"
Mars: "¿Regal?"
Serenity: "That."
Mars: "More like angelic."
Serenity: "Oh."
Mars: "Go back and talk to those guys."
Serenity: "I'm going to go back and talk to those guys."
Mars: "Don't sell the Moon."
Serenity: "I'll get you that interstellar trade thing by tonight."
Mars: "No rush."
EXIT Serenity, in a swirl of skirts and pigtails.
Mars: "Sheeesh."

Top Bottom