• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW Sailor Moon S] Thread 7: All Good Sailors Go To Heaven

pijodo

Validated User
:eek:
Beryll, what have you done !?
Sure Zoi showed insubordination. BUT YOU THINK GOOD GENERALS GROW ON TREES ?!
We have a shortage here !
Do you know how long we have to wait till we are getting another competent, redhead quirky miniboss ???
That was me, posting on side 6 of thread number 2 of this WIW, back in 2009 !
And now guess whom this quirky redhead miniboss was I was saying we had to wait for so long !
Exactely ! :D
:confused:
Wait...how long in advance have you already planned your posting ?! :eek:

There is one other guess I have for the identity of the nameless evil, but it's spoilery.
Spoiler: Show
It's Chaos. Sailor Moon released it into the universe at the end of Stars, after it had been mostly-contained inside Galaxia for who knows how long. Perhaps, with Chaos around, this kind of evil possession is just a thing that happens a lot?
Well, I think the follow-up manga series' storyline is preventing this outcome, but if not... Phew, then the future is actually still inevitable !:eek:

But, I think Garg already posted the theory of the Sugar Sweet Moon dictatress that led to the Black Moon Clan.
But pulling *THAT* into it, is quite a genial interesting idea.... :eek:

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
I always felt Usagi is smart enough to know her directly ruling the world would be a very bad idea. So she does the whole 'Queen Elizabeth' thing. A 'suggestion' here and there, a request... but no official governing power. Because while she's a lot smarter than what people think, she's smart enough to know her limitations.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I always felt Usagi is smart enough to know her directly ruling the world would be a very bad idea. So she does the whole 'Queen Elizabeth' thing. A 'suggestion' here and there, a request... but no official governing power. Because while she's a lot smarter than what people think, she's smart enough to know her limitations.
Agreed. I'm always mildly surprised that this does come across in the show, it's not just a fanon thing. She'll dive into whatever she thinks is cool beans this week with typical teenage abandon ("Oh, I wanna learn how to skateboard! Of course I don't need kneepads! …OUCH!"), but when it comes to stuff that actually matters, she shows appropriate caution and worry. "Crazy" Mina does this, too.

Rei and Ami are the only ones I really worry about knowing their limits. Once Rei commits to a project, she'll practically work herself to death to achieve it. And while Ami is very cautious most of the time ("I might not have studied enough for this test…"), she throws it all aside when she gets mad. It's a good thing they've got friends to rein them in.

Cruton

Retired User
Rei and Ami are the only ones I really worry about knowing their limits. Once Rei commits to a project, she'll practically work herself to death to achieve it. And while Ami is very cautious most of the time ("I might not have studied enough for this test…"), she throws it all aside when she gets mad. It's a good thing they've got friends to rein them in.
I imagine Ami is so used to being smart, there are parts of her that don't respond well to situations not working like they're supposed to. Usagi takes failure with humor. Ami... doesn't. Ami doesn't understand why she can't just study failure away. (Maybe reading a bit of myself into this -- as I like to warn undergrads, grad school isn't about knowing you're smart, it's about not panicking when you feel like the dumbest person in the room...)

With Rei.... She's really MARS, you know? She's not just a soldier, she's a general. And generals WIN. (And always in caps.) She and Makoto are probably the closest to their Greco-Roman namesakes. (In Makoto's case, she's a powerhouse who brings the bounty and can't keep her eyes off the opposite gender... I'm sure Silver Millennium Jupiter had a few animal transformations tucked away in there somewhere.)

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
Agreed. I'm always mildly surprised that this does come across in the show, it's not just a fanon thing. She'll dive into whatever she thinks is cool beans this week with typical teenage abandon ("Oh, I wanna learn how to skateboard! Of course I don't need kneepads! …OUCH!"), but when it comes to stuff that actually matters, she shows appropriate caution and worry. "Crazy" Mina does this, too.
lol, yeah. It's one of the reasons I can sorta combine Sailor Moon with Star Trek-she's not running Earth and probably loves the idea of the Federation.

Xan

Social Justice Worrier
Validated User
(In Makoto's case, she's a powerhouse who brings the bounty and can't keep her eyes off the opposite gender... I'm sure Silver Millennium Jupiter had a few animal transformations tucked away in there somewhere.)
That's why it didn't work out with Sempai. He was pissed when he discovered she wasn't a real swan.

Top Bottom