• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW Sailor Moon S] Thread 7: All Good Sailors Go To Heaven

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Then again, I'm also pretty sure that planeswalking to the NGEverse is inherently traumatizing, so that might not work. (It's like how El-Hazard gives you superpowers, except instead of gaining true sight or super strength, you get kicked in the childhood.)
It's true that you run right into the problem of which universe's genre rules to follow. I mean, Mamoru's background is roughly as tragic as Shinji's, and it is not as if Mamoru never fucks up, but he's in the Sailor Mooniverse, and so he gets a good shot at the "happily ever after". So Tuxedo Shinji would do just fine. (I'd mentioned in the Eva thread that I think that Asuka would totally dig the Tuxedo Mask treatment. Roses from a secret-but-not-too-secret admirer? Hell, yeah.) And if you drop Angels in the Sailor Mooniverse, you get SEELE summoning Angel youma (Purple-skinned elf girl with a funny hat and laser whip! Blue-skinned lady of the evening with lots of diamond jewelry that shoots lasers!), and they go down like any other adversary.

But if we cram the Sailors into the NGE rules, it doesn't go so well for them. Rei's estranged from her father and takes it out on others by coldly holding herself aloof from the world, and lashes out with a sharp tongue at anyone who gets too close. (She burns others down to keep them away.) Ami is gamely trying to pursue her eternally-absent mother into the sciences, building a wall of books around herself, from behind which she voyeuristically stalks the humans she's unwilling to approach directly. (She cloaks herself within mist.) Makoto's discovered at an early age that when she does what she thinks is right, she gets hammered down, so she twists and turns within conflicting social roles, and desperately seeks a man's attention to validate her existence. (Thunder and lightning, you can't help but notice her.) Minako, the First Child, grimly and efficiently orders the team in combat, and outside of it feigns enthusiasm with such desperate strength that others think her crazy and retreat from her smile. (Harsh light and "the chain of command" to deal out beatings.) And Usagi is convinced, absolutely convinced, that if she can just love everyone, it will all turn out all right. No matter how hard Commander Chiba uses her, no matter how many die, if she just says she loves them, it will make it all okay, somehow. (I'm shooting you with love. Stop crying! I love you. Please die quietly.) It has to turn out okay, right? RIGHT?

Well… maybe it can, with the power of the Silver Crystal contained within Lilith. But it'll be a bloody hard road to travel.

And the scary thing is that this isn't that far off from the canonical characters before meeting Usagi…

(Oh, and in case you're wondering, Luna and Artemis are the heads of Tactical and Technical department, obviously.)

Last edited:

Linneris

Validated User
But if we cram the Sailors into the NGE rules, it doesn't go so well for them. Rei's estranged from her father and takes it out on others by coldly holding herself aloof from the world, and lashes out with a sharp tongue at anyone who gets too close. (She burns others down to keep them away.) Ami is gamely trying to pursue her eternally-absent mother into the sciences, building a wall of books around herself, from behind which she voyeuristically stalks the humans she's unwilling to approach directly. (She cloaks herself within mist.) Makoto's discovered at an early age that when she does what she thinks is right, she gets hammered down, so she twists and turns within conflicting social roles, and desperately seeks a man's attention to validate her existence. (Thunder and lightning, you can't help but notice her.) Minako, the First Child, grimly and efficiently orders the team in combat, and outside of it feigns enthusiasm with such desperate strength that others think her crazy and retreat from her smile. (Harsh light and "the chain of command" to deal out beatings.) And Usagi is convinced, absolutely convinced, that if she can just love everyone, it will all turn out all right. No matter how hard Commander Chiba uses her, no matter how many die, if she just says she loves them, it will make it all okay, somehow. (I'm shooting you with love. Stop crying! I love you. Please die quietly.) It has to turn out okay, right? RIGHT?
If they started out like this and succeeded anyway, now that would be a worthwhile anime to watch.

LuckyNumberFour

Validated User
All of the Angel attacks are really just the attempts of other anime franchises to enter the NGE universe and rescue the cast. Lilith is actually Belldandy. Second Impact was a human-generated runtime error in Yggdrasil.

[/mega-fic]
Israfel and Israfel are Noriko and Kazumi.

Somebody fund this.

JohnBiles

Validated User
It's true that you run right into the problem of which universe's genre rules to follow. I mean, Mamoru's background is roughly as tragic as Shinji's, and it is not as if Mamoru never fucks up, but he's in the Sailor Mooniverse, and so he gets a good shot at the "happily ever after". So Tuxedo Shinji would do just fine. (I'd mentioned in the Eva thread that I think that Asuka would totally dig the Tuxedo Mask treatment. Roses from a secret-but-not-too-secret admirer? Hell, yeah.) And if you drop Angels in the Sailor Mooniverse, you get SEELE summoning Angel youma (Purple-skinned elf girl with a funny hat and laser whip! Blue-skinned lady of the evening with lots of diamond jewelry that shoots lasers!), and they go down like any other adversary.
Why do I play the Cello?

My oldest memory is music. I can hear the music in my dreams, sometimes when I wake, and it calls to me. I haven't found the tune yet, but someone must know it. I know parts, and sometimes, when I play the parts I know, the other person's eyes light up and they know the music, they hear it too, but they don't know it.

Her hair is red. I know that. I heard the music with her. But red hair... it's so common. It could be anyone. So I play my music, because I know if she hears it, her eyes will light up and then we will know each other. She has the parts I am missing. She will play with me, and then the music will be whole.

And when that happens, I will know who I am. Why I am here. Why Father left. Where I first heard it. I have to know.

Do you recognize it? Do you know the dance, dozens of couples forming a tree with ten branches? It happened and it was wonderful but something ruined it.

I can't let that happen again. I have to find her. Find the music.

And then together, we will play the music which played at Jericho, and the walls will come down, and the days past will come again.

Tell me you know it, even just one more note. Can you hear the gap? Ten notes, gone. And I don't know why. Did Father take them?

Please, just one note. I can tell you recognize it. Ahh, there it is. Three notes. thank you. Inch by inch, I will find it.

Thank you. So what can I play for your dreams?

Well… maybe it can, with the power of the Silver Crystal contained within Lilith. But it'll be a bloody hard road to travel.

And the scary thing is that this isn't that far off from the canonical characters before meeting Usagi…
In this universe, it was an injured Naru who led to Usagi going out to fight for the first time.

EarthScorpion

Nascent Cosmic Horror
Validated User
Ami is gamely trying to pursue her eternally-absent mother into the sciences, building a wall of books around herself, from behind which she voyeuristically stalks the humans she's unwilling to approach directly.
Hey Rits!

Minako, the First Child, grimly and efficiently orders the team in combat, and outside of it feigns enthusiasm with such desperate strength that others think her crazy and retreat from her smile.
And Misato! So good to be seeing you, too!

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hey Rits!

And Misato! So good to be seeing you, too!
Yep.

Lens it back the other way:

Shinjiko didn't ask to be made an Eva Senshi, but once she starts making friends, she refuses to let them be hurt: Eva Moon.

Misato-onee-chan seems to be one of the most popular girls at school, but it's all a facade; inside, she's as lonely as Shinjiko, and so they're soon fast friends: Eva Venus.

Mysterious Rei went to the same school, but drifted through life with no friends, no hobbies, no family; but Shinjiko feels like they've known each other for a long time, and sets out to make her, at least once, smile: Eva Jupiter.

Asuka, new transfer student, was clever enough to discover that Shinjiko was an Eva, whereupon she demanded to be made one, too. The most troublesome and most skillful member of the team, deep down, it's simple—she wants to honor her mother's memory: Eva Mars.

Misato, who was delighted when her oldest friend Ritsuko was recruited, worries that Rits-chan is only doing it to try and impress that boy she likes, but really, Ritsuko's found freedom here from her worries and her controlling mother: Eva Mercury.

Shinjiko really doesn't see what Misato-onee-chan and Asuka see in Tuxedo Adam—for one thing, his tie's always crooked, and shouldn't a tuxedo'd warrior shave?—but there's one thing she's sure of: He has nothing to do with Kaji-sempai at the high school.

And she thinks it's kind of creepy when the Council of Cats assembles on the rooftops around her to deliver vague prophecies and warnings, but she supposes she'd rather have their advice than not.

VoidPointer

Retired User
And she thinks it's kind of creepy when the Council of Cats assembles on the rooftops around her to deliver vague prophecies and warnings, but she supposes she'd rather have their advice than not.
This image alone makes me want to see something like this. A sinister crossroads surrounded by a horde of cats atop buildings shouting out arcane prophecies in unison under a red-and-black sky? Sweet.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
This image alone makes me want to see something like this. A sinister crossroads surrounded by a horde of cats atop buildings shouting out arcane prophecies in unison under a red-and-black sky? Sweet.
An Alleyway in Hakone
Suddenly! Shinjiko is surrounded by cats.

A cat: All proceeds in accordance with the scenario… except one thing.
Shinjiko: "Wh-wha?"
A cat: Tuxedo Adam. Can he be trusted?
A cat: He pursues another goal.
A cat: He seeks the Silver Crystal.
Shinjiko: "What is the Silver Crystal? You've mentioned it before…"
A cat: Mortal man cannot be trusted with such power.
A cat: He cannot be trusted.
A cat: This threat must be eliminated.
Shinjiko: "N-now hold on a minute!"
A cat: We trust to you, Eva Moon.
*whoosh*

Riding on the Train Home
Shinjiko frets.

Shinjiko: "Kill Tuxedo Adam?"
Shinjiko: "B-but… he's helped us before!"
Shinjiko: "And Asuka would kill me. She likes him."
Shinjiko: "And, anyway, I, don't want to— I mean—"
Shinjiko: /clenched fist. "I won't kill. Fighting Angels is one thing, but I don't care if I'm a Moon Child and other people aren't! I'm not going to fight someone who hasn't even hurt us, just because some bunch of cats tell me to, and if they don't like it, fine!"
Shinjiko: "…But, um, I don't think I'll tell them that. They might get mad."

Battle is Joined!
Tuxedo Adam is glued to a lamppost by the Angel. Shinjiko could just sit back and let him be cut to bits; she doesn't have to do a thing. But Shinjiko has a burst of inspiration, leaps in, and blows away the Angel before anyone gets hurt.

Tuxedo Adam: "It seems I owe you one, Eva Moon."
Tuxedo Adam: /turns to go.
Shinjiko: "…um… w-wait!"
Tuxedo Ada
Shinjiko: "In that case, listen to us! Why do you want the Silver Crystal?"
Tuxedo Adam: "…To find the truth of my dreams."
Shinjiko: "So do we! Can't we work together on this?"
Tuxedo Adam: "…"
Tuxedo Adam: /smiles. "We'll see."
Tuxedo Adam: /to Eva Venus. "I like your friend. She's got pluck." /exit Tuxedo Adam, dramatically, with swirl of cape.

Denouement
Commander Cat: "Dammit, Shin-chan, the Council told you—"
Rei: "They ordered her to eliminate the threat."
Shinjiko: "If I make him a friend, he's not a threat any more. Um, right?"
Commander Cat: "…Um. That might actually work."
Asuka: "Stupid Shinjiko's just trying to steal him away. I already told you, he's mine!"
Shinjiko: "No! I don't—"
Misato: "What are you talking about, Asuka? Tuxedo Adam is mine!"
Asuka: "I saw him first!"
Misato: "He winked at me!"
Asuka: "He said he liked her!"
Misato: "Yeah, what the hell, Shin-chan?!"
Shinjiko: "I'm sorry! I swear, I don't—"
Kaji-sempai: /just happening by. "Hey, guys, what's all the fuss about?"
Misato: "Oh, ugh, him. Gag me."

Top Bottom