• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW Sailor Moon S] Thread 7: All Good Sailors Go To Heaven

Gargoylewing

flying over a post-factual world
Validated User
Yay, Shadowjack, glad you feel better, and, Yay ! new episode !

Killing is not an option that even crosses Sailor Moon's mind, but Uranus and Neptune know that at some point, they'll have to do it. It's not something that Sailor Moon has ever had to seriously contemplate, because her powers are pretty much built around purification.
First let me bring in:
I have to disagree, but...
in the very first episodes, wasn´t her only weapon the tiara, which did nothing but SMASH! the enemy ?
And weren´t her enemies back then people of the Dark Kingdom ?
So, didn´t she, in the first arc, do exactely what UraNep are afraid they may do someday inevitably, as is, kill someone ?

Oh, Shadowjack, just write a fucking novel, why don't you?
Yeah, why not ?
I mean, the short lines we were already exchanging were fitting, but, what you made out of it ? DAMN !
A whole epic about duty, moral, and the tough choices of tough, erm... girls.

She confidently swings the motorcycle through lane and curve. She is intimately aware of the condition of the vehicle between her thighs, the distinctive tick of this motor as it approaches the top of the current power band, the change in vibration that travels from the tires all the way into her palms that tells her the road's condition as surely as if she were walking it barefoot. The tunnel curves right, and she releases the clutch, then toes the gear shift, remembering this time to shift her upper body slightly to compensate for the shift in balance.
Wow, I will never be able to look at motorcycling the same way again. Oo

The Professor: "I'm using my jogging machine, because exercise in moderation is GOOD FOR THE BRAIN!"
The Professor: "Faster! FASTER! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Remember I told you that "stair-stepping" is only the beginning ? Was I lying ? ;)

She Drives Like Crazy, Oo Oo
Here we go again.

The woman drives.
You even made Eudial´s speciality dramatic ! But, yeah, a zoo is a silly outcome for them, unless they made animal tests before daemon-object-inducings. But then, only Eudial drives crazy enough to hush back a freaking elephant !

Makoto: "Ami, is 'tsundering' a real word?"
It better be !
But, to be fair, to keep the pronounciation, you should spell it "tsundéring" , or it will end up as tssunderrring...:D

Elsa Gray: "Sigh… times are tough."
WOW, dammit, Sj, it has been ages since anyone remembered me of that webcomic ! :D

Elsa Gray: /gropes Mina and Mako.
Minako: !!!
Makoto: !!!
Elsa Gray: /deadpan. "You have nice, firm glutes."
!?
I am no expert at all, but, come on ! This cannot be an actual way to test that, right ? Right ?! oO

Rei: "I am so sick of the bondage thing."
Ironically, it is still more for a kids show than the more...realistic approach (kill on sight, but, shhhh...).

Silver towers reflect in a pool of still water, the wind moves the trees, moonlight surrounds you without a moon in the sky, and you smile at the woman who rises from the water to greet you.

A room full of men and women and monsters, who all know each other, all dressed seriously in outlandish costumes, and like them, you also look forward the next dance.
I remember this fairy tail from earlier that series; but I doubt Uranus and Neptune ever did.
My guess is they were always, like, grizzled guards on the farest borders, keeping open an eye for every interstellar barbarian horde that could gallop ahead to them from between the cold rocks...of the asteroid belt, I mean.
The courts of royality was a far world to them, and if they ever had visited the Moon Capitol, it was either at duty (like, say, a parade), or for one short day, never more...

And so she abandons every sport she finds as soon as she masters it, until she discovers motors.
That´s right, Uranus is the Wind Senshi, the Soldier of Getting somewhere, and the very sky helps her by getting her there, or at least, by not hindering. Even when on a vehicle, yes, especially there, when it is all about the wind, be it in hair, or pushing against you. The heavens bow to let Sailor Uranus reach her destiny, er, I mean, destination.
Still, nice how you even make that sound lyrical. :)

"Haruka Tennou!"
"Elsa Gray."
"You really are amazing! As good as they said. Better, maybe."
Ah, yes, it so often gets someone the Sailors know.
Must be a sort of Fatebinding.
(Glad that´s an established term now, how could we live without it?)

White tie, eight o'clock in the evening, in Hall B of the Neptune Cruises excursion boat Kaguya-Hime.
Shadowjack, I think you just made one reference too much for your own good, but I won´t tell. :p

The Beginning of the End

"…What idiot puts a painting of a tsunami on a cruise ship?"
"Me."
Ah, yes, funnily, every prophet sees the end through his own symbolism. BTW, it has been unpleasantly silent (pun intended) about Rei´s visions; is she still having them ?

Even through her leathers, the thought makes her retch. It's taller than she is now, a mass of skinless twitching muscles, with teeth seemingly everywhere, and stray bits of hair and sinew still flaking off. And it looks right at her.
And this is what the Deathbusters were doing before the object-imbueing ! :eek: I have seen Tzsimisce with better tastes to create that !

The monster shrieks and recoils. Haruka feels her eyes bulging as she stares. Floating in light before her is what can only be a magic wand. A single carved piece of stone, perfectly finished, topped with the icon of some planet. How long was it there? It's beautiul.
And it is decored with a heart. Why do these things always have to be decored with hearts ?
Wait, I guess in this world, people are used to it...:p

"Once you have hold of the power, you can never return to a normal life."
Indeed Michiru would stand it all alone if she had the chance to spare Haruka from that war.
Both act like dicks, but are actually, well, in some sort of war trauma ! :(

"You said your dream was to be a violinist, but you nearly gave your right arm to save me."
And the writers even acknowledge their torn souls by highlighting something that goes trivial in most other episodes, alone serieses! Well done.

[*]Haruka into:
  • Sailor Uranus: 1
[*]Michiru into:
  • Sailor Neptune: 1
Tokyo, the sun shines. The lipgloss sits.
;)

Rei: /blink blink.
Rei: "¡¿WHEN DID THEY JOIN OUR SIDE?!"
Haruka and Michiru: /are already gone…
...they still act all arrogantly aloof !
"I was thinking, actually," says Haruka, "of that picture." She tosses her head toward the sketchbook that lies on the back seat. In there is an image she saw once, and remembered.
The best about that picture ?
Haruka is shown to be lifted away by the winds.
But the soft bonds that hold her from drifting away ?
They are azure.
D'awwwww...
:eek:

PS: Shadowjack, you remember that you might not watch the related videos to those linked because of OMG SPOILERS! ? Yes ?
Good...

Aaron Peori

Retired User
First let me bring in:
in the very first episodes, wasn´t her only weapon the tiara, which did nothing but SMASH! the enemy ?
So, didn´t she, in the first arc, do exactely what UraNep are afraid they may do someday inevitably, as is, kill someone ?
Sailor Moon doesn't seem to consider youma/droids/daimon to be people. Which is an... interesting thing.

But no, the moment Sailor Moon might have been forced to harm an innocent she immediatly got a power upgrade that made that moot. Heck, even most of the first season main villains were killed by other villains.

-------------
Epsilon

Mka

Validated User
Actually realized there is a spoiler in the musical. A character uses an attack they don't yet have (...the rest are just weird translations, but that one's definitely new).

Fairly minor, but probably means it's best worth waiting till a certain part of next season. Hm.

I think for the most part, the youma were very much not human seeming, so for the girls, it likely would have been easier to rationalize away. But there are some more fringe cases... Jadeite is an example that comes to mind. The girls don't see what was going on in the Dark Kingdom- all they know is that they jammed him in to a plane, and they never saw him again. Though it was Queen B who sealed him, I can imagine to the girls they might assume that they killed him (he died of his injuries shortly after or the like), though I don't know if they would talk about it.

Even Usagi's tiara seemed capable of purifying any sort of monster-fused-with-human deal, though. All her powers basically run on purification, even ones like, er, tiara smashing.

No-Brand Hero

Heroicus Genericus
Validated User
Uh...UraNep are concerned that they might have to kill an INNOCENT person. None of the senshi have ever cared about obliterating EVIL people. Usagi did actually disintegrate Beryl and all that. They've always shown concern when the monster-of-the-week was a possessed/transformed human, however.

But what UraNep are really concerned about is that they need the Talismans to win...but whomever holds the Talisman, by definition an innocent of pure heart, will die when it is removed.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Gargoylewing said:
I agree that Usagi has killed, and has almost certainly given it some hard thought since. She's willing to, when it's needed; bad guys need to be stopped to protect good people.

Her difference is that she honestly believes, every single time, that she won't have to, and always holds hope that a peaceful solution can be found. Yes, every other monster may have fought to the death, but this monster might surrender when I give the "in the name of the Moon" speech, so I have to give it the chance. She's not stupid; she's ready to blow the monster away pronto if it doesn't surrender. But talking is always her first option. Her ROE never includes "shoot to kill first", and never ever ever includes "terminate with extreme prejudice."

While Haruka and Michiru I think are willing to do black ops assaults. "Two tangos on the left, asleep on the bunk. *snk snk* Targets down. Moving on." They hate doing it that way, but they'll do it, because this is war.

But, to be fair, to keep the pronounciation, you should spell it "tsundéring" , or it will end up as tssunderrring...
I tsundered. You often tsundere. Thou tsunderst. She is tsundering. Tsunder… tsunder… TSUNDERE, HOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I am no expert at all, but, come on ! This cannot be an actual way to test that, right ? Right ?! oO
Well, I suppose a physical trainer would do similarly, but they would ask first.

Ah, yes, funnily, every prophet sees the end through his own symbolism.
Ha! I hadn't noticed that. You're right. Rei would probably draw a holocaust.

BTW, it has been unpleasantly silent (pun intended) about Rei´s visions; is she still having them ?
Good question.

The best about that picture ?
Haruka is shown to be lifted away by the winds.
But the soft bonds that hold her from drifting away ?
They are azure.
D'awwwww...
Oh hey. Another bit I'd missed. Nice.

The existence of that picture, in combination with Michiru's request that Haruka model for her, definitely suggests that their car ride here is the culmination of a long period of developing physical intimacy. Because I'd say it's a good bet that, yes, Haruka stripped down to at least her underwear for that drawing, and that takes some confidence in the other, especially if you already know they want you that way.

Aaron Peori said:
Sailor Moon doesn't seem to consider youma/droids/daimon to be people. Which is an... interesting thing.
Neither does anyone else, for the most part, and I have to admit I think they're right; it's rare to see a demon which seems to possess actual self-awareness.

Though there have been a few definitely sapient beings on the casualty list. As No-Brand Hero says, they may not actually have killed Jadeite, but not for lack of trying.

Boco

Genderless entity
Validated User
Actually realized there is a spoiler in the musical. A character uses an attack they don't yet have.
All the attacks are current as of the Infinity arc of the manga.
Spoiler: Show
I'm pretty sure multiple attacks used in that musical never appear in the anime, actually. Tuxedo la Smoking Bomber, Venus Chain Wink Sword, Jupiter Coconut Cyclone. It's not like any of the Outers use their better attacks (for obvious reasons) so I don't think "this is an attack that hasn't been used yet in the anime / this attack name will never be used in the anime" is a spoiler.

Dallbun

Validated User
The Haruka/Michiru-focused doujinshi circle Studio Canopus did a cool doujinshi series called Tou no Naka no Himegimi (Princess in the Tower; scans and paraphrased translation here), which is from Elza Grey's point of view, and makes her, Haruka, and Michiru into a love triangle. The doujinshi version of Elza comes across as rather different than she's depicted in this episode, but maybe she gained a little more poise in the intervening year.

Incidentally, the author decided that Elza was half Brazilian, which at least fits with her skin tone (and Brazil has a large Japanese community). I don't know about the name "Elza Grey," though...

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Haruka/Michiru-focused doujinshi circle Studio Canopus did a cool doujinshi series called Tou no Naka no Himegimi (Princess in the Tower; scans and paraphrased translation here), which is from Elza Grey's point of view, and makes her, Haruka, and Michiru into a love triangle. The doujinshi version of Elza comes across as rather different than she's depicted in this episode, but maybe she gained a little more poise in the intervening year.
Very interesting, thank you. (Well drawn, too.)

I think, pp17-19, Part. I, certainly nails Michiru's feelings. She's sitting reading when Elza steps up from the shadowed path beside. And for an instant Michiru thinks she's the one and her heart leaps—and then realizes no, she was mistaken, and her heart falls. And Elza catches the reaction, but doesn't understand.

Part II: Wow, really playing up Haruka's masculine appearance in this one. The artist draws her more feminine in Part III.

Interesting. I can't judge the quality of writing, of course, but from the summary, it looks like a good "wainscot" story, filling in between the cracks, and staying well in character. I think of the scene in Part III: Michiru is "out sick" (wounded from the monster), Elza goes to her place to bring her the homework and her bag, and finds Haruka guarding the door. She finally talks her way into the apartment, but Haruka absolutely refuses to let her even see Michiru until she's recovered. Elza, increasingly frustrated, blurts out something about "you're not even her girlfriend or anything!" to which Haruka immediately returns, "Would it make a difference if I said I was?" Which sounds exactly like the sort of aggressively ambiguous question she would say.

I can easily accept this as what Elza was doing around the events of the last episode. (It doesn't have to be a love triangle; friendship can be plenty confusing when it intersects with romances, in any case.)

(EDIT: Also, I'm quite amused by one of the artist's side jokes. The last panel of Part II is Haruka and Elza, struggling over the apartment door… and since Part III was long delayed, there's a sketch of them, years later, still stuck in that doorway.)

Incidentally, the author decided that Elza was half Brazilian, which at least fits with her skin tone (and Brazil has a large Japanese community). I don't know about the name "Elza Grey," though...
Eh, an interesting background for her parents, I suppose. These things happen. They just seem to happen more in anime… :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom