• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW Sailor Moon] Thread 10: The Saturnine hive-mind of chaos waits behind the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xan

Social Justice Worrier
Validated User
Re: Episode #121: A Mystic Flower That Steals Hearts! The Third Witch, Tellur!

I recall that one of the selling points of the Chanelas, those weird demonic rabbit things waaaaay back in episode 5, was that they didn't need feeding. And now we have plants that don't need any sort of care. It seems the people of Juuban fail biology.

Phigment

Faceless Handle
Validated User

In a world that actually contains cats which don't need feeding and plants which don't need care, it seems like the people of Juuban understand practical biology just fine.

I mean, you really DON'T need to water those plants.

There are downsides, but comprehensive scientific testing would clearly show that some organisms can survive, even thrive and fire laser beams, without physical inputs.

sun_tzu

Validated User

Good on Mamoru.
And poor Telluru. Too much time spent on Kaolinite, Eudial and Mimette - not enough left for the remaining villains.

Edvarius

Validated User

Oh Akbar, how I missed you and your suspiciously low prices.

Usagi: "I told you she wasn't dead!"
Artemis: "But nobody could have survived that fall! …I'll shut up now."
You know, technically speaking Artemis isn't wrong. She didn't survive that fall. Of course as the heroes have no way of knowing that he's never going to get his "I told you so" moment.

zero_traveler

Validated User
Re: [IWIW Sailor Moon] Thread 10: The Saturnine hive-mind of chaos waits behind the w

Ten yen...that's like charging one dime for goodness sake. Does Japan even have that denomination? *checks* Oh...I guess they do. It LOOKS a lot like a penny though, in shape and color. How can you not tell this is an Ackbar? Maybe she should have charged more and turned a profit...not that she would have collected. You have to feel bad for ammeters like this, the Dark Agency was more skillful, though less powerful than these Witches.

Now, on to an issue that relfects future episodes-why does Sailor Saturn demand pure hearts??
As we've seen, she only demands pure hearts while in "DARTH HOTARU" mode, on her throne with plushy worshippers surrounding.

Given the flashbacks explaining how they got in this situation, and this information, it's not Hotaru/Sailor Saturn demanding pure hearts, but her demoniac tenant that came along with The Professor's tenant. The Dark Force that contacted Tomoe did tell him they both would be possessed.

Ununnilium

Retired User

(Setsuna doesn't want to talk it out because I don't know, probably some kind of mysterious timey-wimey thing. Michiru doesn't want to talk it out because she's kind of passive and follows the other two's lead.)
See, Haruka's origin episode seems to me like a clear signal that Michiru is the one who took the lead in this sort of thing. Haruka may talk about it more, but just because Michiru's quiet doesn't mean she's not strong-willed.

And have also been lucky. Or maybe not "lucky" considering the awful they've experienced, but due to chance. If you have superpowers because you are the reincarnation of the magical nobility of an ancient space kingdom, that's not virtue. What you do with those powers is virtue. Sailor Moon didn't beat Metallia with only the power of love. It also required a powerful magic crystal.
I don't think it counts as "lucky" when both the love and the magic crystal are part of who you are. That's pretty much the opposite of chance. I mean, it's lucky that a loving person was also the crystal holder, but that's lucky for the world, not for Usagi. (Edit: Not entirely sure if I'm being clear here. >.> <.<)

Last edited:

Vehrec

Validated User
Re: [IWIW Sailor Moon] Thread 10: The Saturnine hive-mind of chaos waits behind the w

As we've seen, she only demands pure hearts while in "DARTH HOTARU" mode, on her throne with plushy worshippers surrounding.

Given the flashbacks explaining how they got in this situation, and this information, it's not Hotaru/Sailor Saturn demanding pure hearts, but her demoniac tenant that came along with The Professor's tenant. The Dark Force that contacted Tomoe did tell him they both would be possessed.
*Monacle drop* a demon possessing the soldier of destruction? Are you mad sir? What manner of daimon could stand up to the pure entropy contained within the soul of Saturn? No, no, a thousand times no mah boy. It is simply impossible. And she is awake, or at least sleeping very lightly. Why even possess her in the first place and run the risk of discovery and awakening the Silent One? Quite mad, quite mad. I think you must be mistaken.

ChaosWolf

Retired User

Good on Mamoru.
And poor Telluru. Too much time spent on Kaolinite, Eudial and Mimette - not enough left for the remaining villains.
To be fair, it WAS her fault - logic says you don't make a creature that will devour the first thing it sees within reach and then stand between it and your intended victims. You stand behind it or otherwise outside of its field of view.

Morilore

Retired User

Ununnilium said:
I mean, it's lucky that a loving person was also the crystal holder, but that's lucky for the world, not for Usagi.
Which is my whole point. I'm talking about the metaphysical backdrop - the idea that the power of love is an "I win" button as a property of the universe, not just as a property of what Usagi Tsukino has experienced. The dispute is about the idea that Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune should know that the Power of Love is a Real Thing that gives you the ability to shoot pink death rays. The thing is, I've watched the entire series and I don't know that. I don't know that it's the Power of Love and not just the Power of Being Born a Senshi. We only ever see through the eyes of the Senshi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom