• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[IWIW Sailor Moon] Thread 8: Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of Science?

Penprp

Retired User
Re: Codename Sailor V, Volume 1: The Birth of Sailor V!

it's probably been 10 years since I saw MMPR and Zeo (IF I saw them at all, I can't remember it, was too young, I do remember my brother playing with the toys though) and been a rather long while since I saw any serie in a continued fashion (dumb italy, why won't you broadcast all the power rangers series again ç-ç) so I wrote that mostly on what stuck to me the most (which actually was Leo/Kai/Trip/Dustin/Karone). Maybe I should've just forgone the whole "second-in-command" as that changes alot. Or perhaps avoided using colours altogether.
Heh. I still have a lot of the older stuff on VIDEO TAPE, plus I've been writing PR Fanfic for nigh on 20 years now. (Actually, about 17.) There was a HUGE shift in a lot of the way things worked round about the time everything moved to New Zealand. (Post-Space) In a way, despite the continuity, they're almost different shows. So yeah, it's TOUGH to apply a unified theory to the whole show, especially as we're in it's 19th season...

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User

As I said in the Evangelion thread: Work. Gruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I wanna get to the next TV episode, but I just haven't had the chance. :(

But in the mean time, I'll try to dribble in a few more of these tiny write-ups for the manga.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Codename Sailor V, Volume 2: Minako in Crown Game Center

Framing Device
Rei: "…You're showing an awful lot of exposed rump in this cover image, Mina."
Luna: "You're showing an awful lot of exposed BREAST on the next page!"
Makoto: "Oh my God, she's topless."
Usagi: "Wowsers."
Minako: "Naw, naw. That's Aphrodite, Goddess of—"
Rei: "¡YOU'RE Aphrodite!"
Minako: "There are shoujo bubbles, it's okay."
Rei: "Yes, and they perfectly cover your armpits while leaving your nipples exposed to the world for all and sundry."
Minako: "Why, is there something wrong with my nipples?"
Rei: "Well, okay, they're very nice nipples, but—"
Minako: "Thank you!"
Rei: "¡That's not the point!"
Ami: /awe and respect. "Wow, Mina, you're brave."
Luna: "Artemis, what were you letting this girl do?"
Artemis: "It's artistic nudity, perfectly acceptable."
Minako: "I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's just one panel, the target audience is girls, so it's nothing we haven't already seen, and we're all naked in the middle of our transformation sequences anyway."
Everyone else: "…"
Minako: "…You didn't notice?"
Usagi: "I noticed for me, but I wasn't peeking at anyone else's…"
Makoto: /hides face. "I can never transform again."
Artemis: "Did I mention that Minako could be a tremendous brat?"

Three Years Ago-ish, Crown Arcade Center
Minako: "Artemis, I'll have you know that I have never said even one word about agreeing to this 'Champion of Justice' stuff."
Artemis: "WHAT?! Why not?! You're the CHOSEN ONE! What's the problem?!"
Minako: "First, that ugly, drafty costume. Second, the fact that I don't get paid. And third—oo! Video games!" /runs off.

Inside the Arcade
Minako: "I fuckin' love Street Fighter!"
Artemis: "Dammit, Mina! You rub shoulders with these uncouth otaku, you get in fights, you scrape your knees, you eat like a horse—couldn't you act a little more like, well, a girl?"
Minako: "Says the tomcat with the name of a goddess."
Artemis: "Mother had her reasons!"
Motoki: "Wow, did your cat just talk?"
Artemis and Minako: "NO."
Motoki: "Sorry, my mistake." /wanders off.
Minako: "Okay, I'll be a little girly: The primary reason I'm playing Lovely Fight is because of the female characters' awesome costume."
Artemis: "Looks ugly and drafty to me."
Minako: "Also, I'm determined to beat this 'Taku' characters who's in first on the scoreboard. I wonder what he's like in person."

A young man of an artistic disposition, his eyes concealed behind glasses, enters the Arcade.

Taku, for it is he: (…That whiff of floral mousse, that forbidden sailor suit, that long flowing hair, that high-pitched voice—A GIRL!)
Taku: (Too often now do women invade these hallowed arcade halls to TAUNT me with their alluring presence!)
Some gal over at the crane game: "Honeyyyyyyyyyy! I want thaaaaaaat one! Come on, honeyyyyyyy!"
Some guy over at the crane game: "I'm trying, pumpkin, but I just can't—"
Minako: "Oh, for goodness sake! I can't concentrate!"
Minako: /stomps over to the crane game.
Minako: /wins the desired plushie in one go.
Some gal and guy: "Wow, thank y—"
Minako: /tucks the plushie under her arm and stomps back to Lovely Fight.
Some gal and guy: "…"
Minako: "PROBLEM SOLVED!"
Taku: (Such skill. Such selfishness. …What is this strange stirring in my chest?)

And So
Minako: "Artemis, did you have something to do with this new Sailor V game in the arcade?"
Artemis: "Of course not! How could I? I lack opposable thumbs…"
Minako: "You wouldn't need thumbs to use a telephone to hire subcontractors through a front company."
Artemis: "So suspicious! My only concern is your training, my lady! Go on, fire it up."
Sailor V Arcade: "GREETINGS STAR FIGHTER."

A Few Hours Later
Motoki: "Minako, I'm sorry, but the line's around the block. Could you let someone else have a go at Sailor V?"
Minako: "But every time I think I've got a handle on the game, the pattern changes. There's no end to it!"
Artemis: /The Sphinx. "You must choose to end the game, for the game cannot choose not to end you."
Minako: /is enlightened. "…Next player?"

Minako: "And lo and behold, Artemis's zen shit was right. Playing something else for a while gave me the skills to take top score on Lovely Fight… soon to my dismay."

Taku: "You DARE to best the great Takurô Ôtaku of the True Game Lovers Association?!"
Minako: "Oh, hey, nice to meet—"
Taku: "You may fool others, but I see through your wiles! No real girl would come to this shadowed den to challenge me at man's finest sport! You must be A MAN IN DISGUISE! Remove that schoolgirl costume at once!"
Minako: "YOU GOTTA BE FUCKIN' KIDDING ME!"
Taku: "Off with it! Off I say! Hold still!"
Artemis: "Boss, is this an enemy attack?"
Boss (via gizmopen): "No, he's just a creep, but I won't tell if you won't."
Artemis: "Hey, Mina, we forgot to mention that the mirror lets you shapeshift! Use it to evade—"
Minako: "Shapeshift? Awesome!" /casts TRANSFORM: Make me a Sentai-Heroine-style Armored Warrior!
Artemis: "…WHY?!"
Minako: "Now this is a magical warrior's costume! Armored boots and shoulder pads!"
Taku: /instant hard-on.
Taku: /wrestles Minako to the ground.
Minako: "Curses! Armor… too… heavy… can't… fight… back…"
Taku: "Oh, baby!"
Artemis: "My costume was light and airy, affording excellent maneuverability."
Minako: "Screw you!" /casts TRANSFORM: Sailor Venus!
Taku: "That's an even better costume, but does it go all the w—?"
Minako: /SAILOR V KICK!!!!!!!!!
Taku: /…!!!!!
Minako: /SAILOR V STOMP, KICK, AND BLUDGEON!
Taku: "…lovely!"
Taku: /dies.
Minako: "DOWN WITH PATRIARCHY!"

Exit Minako, dramatically, with swirl of skirt!

Motoki: /comes out of the bathroom. "…Was something going on out here?"

Denouement
Artemis: "Okay, so she hates to lose, likes standing out in a crowd, and is fast on her feet. I guess she'll make a good Champion of Justice."
Minako: "That guy was an enemy, right? I won't get in trouble for this?"

No-Brand Hero

Heroicus Genericus
Validated User

As I said in the Evangelion thread: Work. Gruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Don't stress, yo. That'd be kinda against the whole point of the show :D

We'll be here patiently waiting whenever you get the free time you need!

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
Re: Codename Sailor V, Volume 2: Minako in Crown Game Center

And So
Minako: "Artemis, did you have something to do with this new Sailor V game in the arcade?"
Artemis: "Of course not! How could I? I lack opposable thumbs…"
Minako: "You wouldn't need thumbs to use a telephone to hire subcontractors through a front company."
Artemis: "So suspicious! My only concern is your training, my lady! Go on, fire it up."
Sailor V Arcade: "GREETINGS STAR FIGHTER."
You win ten awesome points for this one. :D

JohnBiles

Validated User

Hah! I remember that one. I think I've read most of the first volume of Sailor V but that's all.

sun_tzu

Validated User

Hah! I remember that one. I think I've read most of the first volume of Sailor V but that's all.
I've read the whole thing, though it felt underwhelming after the anime. YMMV of course.

Makes for good review material though, apparently. :D

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User

There's a mildly hilarious Sailor Moon Expanded anecdote to go with SMV.

Having seen the anime London episode but knowing nothing about the V manga, Mark Latus built up a detailed backstory for Minako... that involved a minor youma general masquerading as a Dark Overlord to draw her attention away from Tokyo operations, eventually leading her to England.

Said minor youma general was actually a "renegade," with natural inclinations toward good (resulting from Queen Serenity's rather complicated cluster of final wishes), and worried that his deathtraps were getting too good... so he constructed another identity as a masked ally of justice, basically identical to Kaitou Ace except with a gray costume, to help V out.

We were all very surprised when we read a translation of the V manga. :D

Top Bottom